IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, In the Net said:

I was taken to watch both as a child, and chose Rovers when I was old enough to go to matches on my own. Of course I would love us to have your wealth, and all that it brings with it, but Rovers are my club of choice and that's the way it will stay.

How long ago was it that you chose the Blue path?

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Wtf is the simpleton on about? He says:

“The funny thing is that we [Bristol Rovers and Bristol City] need each other.

“When Rovers were failing a couple of years ago – and Darrell has done brilliantly to get them back – when they were failing, it affected City, I don’t care what you say.

“You need some competition and the closer they get, the better it’s going to be.”

What, you mean like in 14/15 while your tramps were grubbing around in non league and we were pissing L1 and winning the FL Trophy do you Holloway, you absoulte ****wit?

He genuinely said that? What a strange logic that is, clearly the gaslogic that often comes up when a Sag opens their mouth, and as for anyone who really believes Skeletor when he tells the media that he actually likes Bristol City it’s bollox, he’s close friends with the other half’s family and he hates us as much as we hate him.

7 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

If anyone wants to play ‘Loyal and Few’ bingo with this press release you’re odds on to get a full house: https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/october/stefan-payne-statement/ 

In a classic of the ‘Deluded Gappers’ genre, look out for the repeated references to ‘great fanbase’, ‘travelled in great numbers’, ‘great following’, and ‘good number’. There are so many ‘great’s in there it seems like Tony the Tiger has written it! 

Just to confirm, the official attendance was 446. Great. 

You mean gggrrrrreat image.jpeg.fb53018c7f01407722929def9b7ceaea.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Load of bollocks again from another gashead trying to promote, gain sympathy, win support and big his club up. We need them like we need a few more injuries to key players. There are plenty of clubs that survive quite nicely without a direct competitor. Leeds, Derby, Swansea, Cardiff, Brighton, Southampton, Pompey, Newcastle, Sunderland, Boro, Blackburn the list goes on and, most of them have been more successful than us as a one club city/town. In my opinion they hold us back, hanging onto our shirt tails and doing their utmost to hinder us in all our plans, even when it's to the detriment of themselves and our city. They have been put on this planet to embarrass the city of Bristol and  split the support in our well to do city (compared to some), but, it appears to be changing. Long may that change continue.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Load of bollocks again from another gashead trying to promote, gain sympathy, win support and big his club up. We need them like we need a few more injuries to key players. There are plenty of clubs that survive quite nicely without a direct competitor. Leeds, Derby, Swansea, Cardiff, Brighton, Southampton, Pompey, Newcastle, Sunderland, Boro, Blackburn the list goes on and, most of them have been more successful than us as a one club city/town. In my opinion they hold us back, hanging onto our shirt tails and doing their utmost to hinder us in all our plans, even when it's to the detriment of themselves and our city. They have been put on this planet to embarrass the city of Bristol and  split the support in our well to do city (compared to some), but, it appears to be changing. Long may that change continue.

Of course we need them, how old is that gap now, yes old enough to get pissed.

Of course we need them Hollowhead :facepalm:

The Hollowhead bloke is as deluded as the rest of them, isn't he.  Why on earth does he say that we need them?  I have to say that I always thought that he might have had half a brain, but now I'm seriously wondering if the other half has gone too.

Next thing we will no doubt hear is that he is taking over as their new manager and that his first signing is going to be Neymar.  No more far fetched than any of Wally's promises, is it?

And the gifts keep on coming. 

A Take That tribute band, no less. WHAT. A. TREAT!

Take That at the Mem

mftc Avatar
mftc
Reserve Team
about an hour ago
Rather than shell out a small fortune to see some people (who could be anyone) from a long way away, apart from on a TV screen at Trashton, why not pop along to the Helpline Christmas Party ( in November).

You can actually see up close and personal a live act performing Take That covers.

Do we have a good sense of humour, or could you really make it up!

PS is the Rovers fan who was (is?) a guitarist and songwriter with band still with them? (Take That not the covers band).
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Hollowhead bloke is as deluded as the rest of them, isn't he.  Why on earth does he say that we need them?  I have to say that I always thought that he might have had half a brain, but now I'm seriously wondering if the other half has gone too.

Next thing we will no doubt hear is that he is taking over as their new manager and that his first signing is going to be Neymar.  No more far fetched than any of Wally's promises, is it?

That’s what most of the fewers think in their tiny deluded minds (that we need each other) was talking to one of the less fortunate the other day and his words was ‘most of the rovers fans that I know is that their problem is that they are far too interested in what City are doing’ tbf he’s spot on, he also said how we are lightheaded ahead of them and they should just forget about what’s happening at AG, he didn’t let us down though he just had to mention the ‘loyal and true’ and how they’ve got a Championship fanbase :rofl2br: his response was look how many we took to Wembley etc, yet couldn’t muster a reply when I asked why do they all boycott your home games then.

So even when you think your actually having a decent conversation with a Sag, the bullshit delusion always shines through in the end.

30 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

That’s what most of the fewers think in their tiny deluded minds (that we need each other) was talking to one of the less fortunate the other day and his words was ‘most of the rovers fans that I know is that their problem is that they are far too interested in what City are doing’ tbf he’s spot on, he also said how we are lightheaded ahead of them...

Well, I must admit, after a few cheeky ciders I do feel a bit lightheaded....and I am usually ‘ahead’ of a few others in this state...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

That’s what most of the fewers think in their tiny deluded minds (that we need each other) was talking to one of the less fortunate the other day and his words was ‘most of the rovers fans that I know is that their problem is that they are far too interested in what City are doing’ tbf he’s spot on, he also said how we are lightheaded ahead of them and they should just forget about what’s happening at AG, he didn’t let us down though he just had to mention the ‘loyal and true’ and how they’ve got a Championship fanbase :rofl2br: his response was look how many we took to Wembley etc, yet couldn’t muster a reply when I asked why do they all boycott your home games then.

So even when you think your actually having a decent conversation with a Sag, the bullshit delusion always shines through in the end.

Championship fan base.  Not that old chestnut!  If they want that to be taken seriously they might have to break through the five figure average crowd barrier.  Something they haven't done for FORTY THREE years!

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46019164

Good to see their first choice striker getting on well with the fans... 

That must be more ‘fake news’ - there’s no way the world famous, loyal fans would abuse one of their players leading to him reacting like that....it just wouldn’t happen, because we are the only fans in Bristol who have a go at our own players and they are superior fans....it’s true, because they said so......

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

A timely reminder to the few City fans who have a small misguided admiration for skeletor.

Like most sags he's green with envy with the great strides we're making on and off the pitch showcasing Bristol and Bristol Sport and every positive thing we do just highlights even further all of the negativity surrounding his poxy old club.

He is an odious small minded individual.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

You jest, but I recall that Holloway and Neymar had quite a lengthy telephone conversation a few years ago.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Totally agree with all of this apart from the bit in bold, ALL of them have been more successful than us.

Before they showed up in the League 20 years behind us (first time around) we had already finished runners up in the top flight and been FA Cup finalists. Since then...

This town ain’t big enough for the both of us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Totally agree with all of this apart from the bit in bold, ALL of them have been more successful than us.

Before they showed up in the League 20 years behind us (first time around) we had already finished runners up in the top flight and been FA Cup finalists. Since then...

This town ain’t big enough for the both of us.

Do you know, I never thought of it like that before. Time to get the old chant going...

the g*s , the g*s , we’ve got to get rid of the g*s

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’ve clearly not paid much attention to lower league football then. 

He’s basically played for just about every team in the bottom 2 divisions.

For a moment when I looked at his career stats I thought Johnson had signed him for Barnsley, but they missed eachother by 3 months. Yes he’s played for Championship Barnsley no less. 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve heard of Joe Payne......he scored ten goals against the gas...in ONE game....#NeverForget.....

he's playing against them again soon.........for Barnet in the F.A.Cup!

He's aged well 

Joe Payne.JPG

J Payne.JPG

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 1