IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, cidercity said:

Bloody hell Henbury liar must have more contacts than Specsavers, he's the oracle of all things Bristol City.

Do you think he does Mr Lansdowns IT as well, he must do to be so informed.

Well apparently he used to do the computers at Ashton Gate. So ye he is knows more than anyone. Or he’s just a sad attention seeking ***** . 

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 23:59, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and don’t forget, when Pompey were in dire financial trouble the gas were all over it, circling like vultures trying to pinch their players on the cheap....they have the morals of an alley cat....and I know I sound like a broken record with this, but when we were at rock bottom in 1982, they whined like babies when the Council offered us financial support, so the offer was withdrawn because Rovers demanded some money too....and then they tried to nick Ashton Gate for naff all just because we were vulnerable....but we fought back...

...we pinched their ex manager who quickly propelled himself into legendary status in BS3, and he has remained a legend ever since, as he picked us up, kicked us up the ass and ensured we zoomed past the roverzzz, pausing only to flick a finger at the grubby, squatting vultures who tried and failed to make us disappear without trace....and we laughed as we left them flailing in our shadow....

....and now there are 18 year olds in Bristol who have never seen the gas above us in the league....and we laugh on and on.....then they wet themselves with excitement because they were taken over by a ‘billionaire’ and became the ‘sixth richest club in England’ overnight - posting cringey, gloating videos all over social media etc etc...then they found out their new owner wasn’t very rich at all whilst we spend £45m refurbishing our superb stadium.....including building ONE stand that could accomodate their entire home crowd with thousands of seats to spare...

....so they order some new tents and clean a few carpets in attempt to keep up...and we laughed....then we stuffed four premier league clubs in a great cup run and gave Man City two bloody hard games....so the gas crawled all over the media insisting that they were better than us because they take ‘massive numbers away’ - it was of course another lie....and we laughed, and the football world, which ‘loves them and hates da shit’ laughed along with us....

...then they made up lies about our fans attacking a disabled City fan....and they are proved to be lying about it....but on this occasion we didn’t laugh, we rightly condemned them.....then they try to mask their jealousy at us selling four players for the best part of £25m by ridiculing it as ‘The Great Ashton Gate Exodus’ .......and we laughed at them again as they sold their best three players for less than £1m in total.......

...then they announce themselves as the ‘superior fans in Bristol’ just before being involved in violent disorders twice in a week with fans of Oxford and Swindon....and we laughed again....they try so hard to stay relevant on our radar, but we just keep laughing at them and we probably won’t ever stop....simply because they give us loads and loads of stuff to laugh at...

This hits the nails (and there are lots of them) on the head, @BS4 on Tour.... I was going to say that this post marks an end to this wonderful thread. But, as you say in your last paragraph, it is the gift that will never ever stop giving. Great stuff! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well apparently he used to do the computers at Ashton Gate. So ye he is knows more than anyone. Or he’s just a sad attention seeking ***** . 

They all believe him though as well. Imagine a company the size of bcfc using a back street computer repair shop . I’m not sure how it works but surely they have all computers/it with a multinational company that deals with any problems as part of the contract. No not according to that ******* ?? 

He’s  got serious mental issues. 

5 hours ago, Red7 said:

This hits the nails (and there are lots of them) on the head, @BS4 on Tour.... I was going to say that this post marks an end to this wonderful thread. But, as you say in your last paragraph, it is the gift that will never ever stop giving. Great stuff! 

This thread shouldn’t end. Keeps me greatly amused through the ups and downs of life!

• Like 1

Today’s comedians.....

1.When we are in a real mess, the fans rally. Picking stones off the pitch at Twerton, Raise The Roof, the Share scheme etc.

When SL leaves, what is going to happen to City? His son took over for 3 months with the 3 Pillars speeches (or whatever) and almost got them relegated.

City fans I know don't rate his son, so if tries to follow his Dads mantle, they fear it could all go Pete Tong. With City's fickle fans if they get relegated with large wages, they do a 82 all over again.

City's fanbase may have the numbers, but they don't have anyone like Gordon Bennett, Ray Kendall, Steve Burns, Jim Chappell, the 50/50 sellers, the people who do their bit on the forums etc, people who devote hours unpaid year in year out and that is why they could soon be in real trouble. 

Didn't Gooch and Dolman give huge legacies to City and they messed it up. History could well repeat itself.

2.It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow most seek. Why worry about them, they aren't good enough or big enough to warrant the sleeping giant status their morons think they are. Plenty bigger and further up the food chain with better resources.  

Let them continue to rack up massive debts, one day that vile turncoat will pull out and they will be a fourth division team playing in front of 5000 fans.

Their supporters are that great, they steal from the Supporters club and frequently pass their tickets through the hole in the fence so their mates can get in for free, depriving their wonderful club of money they so clearly need. Fantastic support, shame we can’t compete with that.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Today’s comedians.....

1.When we are in a real mess, the fans rally. Picking stones off the pitch at Twerton, Raise The Roof, the Share scheme etc.

When SL leaves, what is going to happen to City? His son took over for 3 months with the 3 Pillars speeches (or whatever) and almost got them relegated.

City fans I know don't rate his son, so if tries to follow his Dads mantle, they fear it could all go Pete Tong. With City's fickle fans if they get relegated with large wages, they do a 82 all over again.

City's fanbase may have the numbers, but they don't have anyone like Gordon Bennett, Ray Kendall, Steve Burns, Jim Chappell, the 50/50 sellers, the people who do their bit on the forums etc, people who devote hours unpaid year in year out and that is why they could soon be in real trouble. 

I know I should let things like this go over my head but reading absolute garbage like this really boils my piss. It's an insult to the likes of my own Dad who bought shares in the club and 5 year season tickets in 82 to ensure that we stayed alive.. and the hundreds that travelled away to places like Aldershot and Halifax when we were bottom of the fourth tier. Then you've got people like Beryl Fudge who worked tirelessly behind the scenes in the dark days and Cooper and his crew who dragged us back from the abyss to become the top team in Bristol. Divvy Saunders RIP, who rallied a struggling side during his last weeks.Who do they think they are? Jehovas chosen ones?

Wish I could sign up to that forum and knock them straight off that high horse of theirs.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I know I should let things like this go over my head but reading absolute garbage like this really boils my piss. It's an insult to the likes of my own Dad who bought shares in the club and 5 year season tickets in 82 to ensure that we stayed alive.. and the hundreds that travelled away to places like Aldershot and Halifax when we were bottom of the fourth tier. Then you've got people like Beryl Fudge who worked tirelessly behind the scenes in the dark days and Cooper and his crew who dragged us back from the abyss to become the top team in Bristol. Divvy Saunders RIP, who rallied a struggling side during his last weeks.Who do they think they are? Jehovas chosen ones?

Wish I could sign up to that forum and knock them straight off that high horse of theirs.

You need to keep your frustration to yourself, they love this sort of response, makes them feel relevant 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Add in the fact that TC would walk round the pitch to collect much needed funds to keep the club alive, meet fans, help sell tickets, and poured his heart and soul in to dragging us back up the leagues. And they've got the cheek to say things like that. They sag bastards are bitter, weird little freaks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I think the high horses have already been knocked..... 

• Haha 2

"With City's fickle fans if they get relegated with large wages, they do a 82 all over again."

We've never had average 5k crows have we? They have.

"City's fanbase may have the numbers, but they don't have anyone like Gordon Bennett, Ray Kendall, Steve Burns, Jim Chappell, the 50/50 sellers, the people who do their bit on the forums etc, people who devote hours unpaid year in year out and that is why they could soon be in real trouble. 

This small time mentality keeps them where they are, excluding the fact that we do have the things he talks about.. none of this matters in 2018, it's all big corporate business meetings & private events that bring the money in for the club, these small (but appreciated) things that the fans do for the club make a relatively insignificant difference to the future of the club.

"When SL leaves, what is going to happen to City? "

Do they not know that JL is being primed to take over from his father when the time comes? We have 50+ more years of this, unless we're sold, and if we are I know SL will make sure it's the right sell for the club and city.

Edited by Unan

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Today’s comedians.....

Didn't Gooch and Dolman give huge legacies to City and they messed it up. History could well repeat itself.

2.It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow most seek. Why worry about them, they aren't good enough or big enough to warrant the sleeping giant status their morons think they are. Plenty bigger and further up the food chain with better resources.  

Let them continue to rack up massive debts, one day that vile turncoat will pull out and they will be a fourth division team playing in front of 5000 fans.

Their supporters are that great, they steal from the Supporters club and frequently pass their tickets through the hole in the fence so their mates can get in for free, depriving their wonderful club of money they so clearly need. Fantastic support, shame we can’t compete with that.

They really are a bunch of ******* pricks arnt they 

I used to think the 'deluded' comments were all in jest. But they actually really think things like the above are true don't they?

Unbelievable 

For any Rovers fans reading this....which I'm sure you do....I would love to know what it's like to live a life in your heads? Please tell us.

The level of delusion is almost surreal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unan said:

"With City's fickle fans if they get relegated with large wages, they do a 82 all over again."

We've never had average 5k crows have we?

In 82 we averaged 4700. It’s worth pointing out that at the time they only averaged a few hundred more than us in the division above and that’s without the traumatic off field events that were going on at AG (plus having just suffered 3 straight relegations). Football attendances we’re also down all over the country at the time.

Its the only time in 116 years that we have averaged below 5k.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

"City's fanbase may have the numbers, but they don't have anyone like Gordon Bennett, Ray Kendall, Steve Burns, Jim Chappell, the 50/50 sellers, the people who do their bit on the forums etc, people who devote hours unpaid year in year out and that is why they could soon be in real trouble. 

City have had just as many if not more individuals who have sacrificed so much to keep the club going, off the pitch and on the pitch. We’ve experienced financial problems that they can’t even imagine, yet we survived. I genuinely think that if they’d been in our shoes in 1982 they’d have disappeared altogether. Look how quickly their home crowds are falling this year and they’re not even in the L1 relegation zone. Their crowds in Non League were only 6.5k because they were winning most weeks. Funny fickle little fan base ?

They only had 3500 turn up for the last ever match at their spiritual home FFS ?

16 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Today’s comedians.....

Whaaaat?    I've been using this forum for quite a while now………… why didn't I know about our 'sleeping giant' status???  Why have none of my fellow 'teds told me about this?  I must be missing the posts where this is banged on about.

The delusion of the person who believes that we think we're a bloody sleeping giant is absolutely frightening.  For me, the allegation that we City fans think we are a sleeping giant absolutely sums up the thick, jealous, self-righteous 'everybody loves da gas' tw4ts.  Is it any wonder that I'm not very keen on BRFC and their 'followers'?  I wouldn't sprinkle on one of them if they were on fire.

9 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

And that's why you can't. They love their little echo chamber over there where all they can hear is the sound of their own voices telling themselves how wonderful they are. Even their fellow supporters who dare to voice concerns are classified as Teds, shouted down or cast out. Its the North Korea of football forums. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

And that's why you can't. They love their little echo chamber over there where all they can hear is the sound of their own voices telling themselves how wonderful they are. Even their fellow supporters who dare to voice concerns are classified as Teds, shouted down or cast out. Its the North Korea of football forums. 

That's a bit harsh

on North Korea.  

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

And just like North Korea, if you keep recycling the same lies again and again with nobody to challenge you, those lies eventually become the truth. Their Facebook group is exactly the same.. "Teds" are banned instantly and their comments deleted. It happened to me once when I challenged some idiot who claimed our crowds were down to 8000 in the SOD years. No debate, just gone within minutes.

Fewers, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are very welcome to sign up to this forum and tell us why you think you are so Superior to us. None of you will of course because you are spineless.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1