IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

A "City" fan who hates OTIB and never goes to Ashton Gate...?!?!

Interesting.

Never? Mmmm get some time in, always been City, seen Big John home and away, there for Pompey ...on the pitch Arsenal, three Wembly's  the lot, now  I admit can't go as much as I would like or afford, but doesn't make me less of a fan, than you , but probably a lot wiser x 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh! I do...not just the thread but the whole mentality, which is c.1970.

Anyway last word on it from me, but just to say we need a strong Rovers (gulp) and a stronger City. We had 15 minutes of fame last season, and now we are forgotten, Bristol Football = joke. 

I'm really glad to hear that you've made your last comment. Please pull the door tightly closed behind you on your way out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Never? Mmmm get some time in, always been City, seen Big John home and away, there for Pompey ...on the pitch Arsenal, three Wembly's  the lot, now  I admit can't go as much as I would like or afford, but doesn't make me less of a fan, than you , but probably a lot wiser x 

If you were wiser, you wouldn't spell "Wembley" in the north Bristol fashion

• Haha 8
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

If this forum is that bad and you think its infinitely worse than everywhere else - twitter, facebook other forums. Why do you post here?   Genuine question as you seem to come across as if you hate the place. 

I don't Tom, it just seems so negative on here, with all the turning in on LJ and some players, I do think it's  Bristol trait however, so nothing I say will make a blind bit of difference, but it is a forum and and a CITY forum, Rovers to me are just another team that have huge problems, but bottom line Bristol will be a lot worse off if they wen't under I guess.I know some of the comments are made in jest, but we at the moment would be best to just keep a lid on it, especially with Leeds looming..      

35 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yes, it does. Not going to games definitely does make you less of a fan than someone who’s been a season ticket holder for 30-40+ years and still goes to every game. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

OK - I wasn't trying to have a go I'm just keen for feedback on how we can improve here.  We can't suppress peoples thoughts that's for sure, it is definitely a Bristol trait to be miserable and yet somehow laid back at the same time.

I do play the Devil's Advocate that's true, never a one to hop on to the nearest bandwagon, Although born in Bristol and 'educated in Bristol I got out before die was really cast I suppose, but Bristol football is in the doldrums and it seems to mirror the Bristol  character, that we are nothing but honest about ourselves, perhaps a bit too much? 

Mind you the alternative is far worse in being a Liverpool or Man U I suppose...deluded beyond help.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I want to know is why this giant killing act isn't being talked about all over the media ? 

Probably because in the scheme of things, this wasn’t the usual level of non league team that Rovers capitulate against. Barnet were above them in the (non) league only 3 years ago, so whilst it’s still a defeat by a non league side (and amusing) it’s not quite as bad as when they lose to clubs that nobody has ever even heard of before..! 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I do play the Devil's Advocate that's true, never a one to hop on to the nearest bandwagon, Although born in Bristol and 'educated in Bristol I got out before die was really cast I suppose, but Bristol football is in the doldrums and it seems to mirror the Bristol  character, that we are nothing but honest about ourselves, perhaps a bit too much? 

Mind you the alternative is far worse in being a Liverpool or Man U I suppose...deluded beyond help.

Not very well, or did you just skip English classes..? 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, it does. Not going to games definitely does make you less of a fan than someone who’s been a season ticket holder for 30-40+ years and still goes to every game. 

No it doesn't, I am at a ripe old age now, and as said it would entail a 90 mile round trip, and I am afraid the cost is just too much. I live and breath City, always have and always will. Of course as a younger bloke I did go to every home match when I lived close, and worked in Bristol, even school days, but things change, I never miss some sort of commentary, and match day's take centre stage over everything else. It's a real bind, it can be a real curse. 

You should ask my missus!! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

No it doesn't, I am at a ripe old age now, and as said it would entail a 90 mile round trip, and I am afraid the cost is just too much. I live and breath City, always have and always will. Of course as a younger bloke I did go to every home match when I lived close, and worked in Bristol, even school days, but things change, I never miss some sort of commentary, and match day's take centre stage over everything else. It's a real bind, it can be a real curse. 

You should ask my missus!! 

Come on, we're above the "superfan" stuff surely.  Everybody on here supports the same club or we wouldn't be on here in the first place.

My only self-applied rule is that if I haven't actually seen a game then I don't disagree with the opinion of someone who has; ditto if I haven't seen a run of games and then don't disagree with the assessment of a player's recent form with someone who has.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Come on, we're above the "superfan" stuff surely.  Everybody on here supports the same club or we wouldn't be on here in the first place.

My only self-applied rule is that if I haven't actually seen a game then I don't disagree with the opinion of someone who has; ditto if I haven't seen a run of games and then don't disagree with the assessment of a player's recent form with someone who has.

Yep the actually being there is the best place to assess, or so you would think!! So I do rather depend on reports given by Dave etc as to who individuals are doing, and of course the telly and 'net...I just can't just ask my supporting City mate as to how we are doing, I don't have any here in Tewkesbury....that I know of, (City supporters not mates) ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh! I do...not just the thread but the whole mentality, which is c.1970.

Anyway last word on it from me, but just to say we need a strong Rovers (gulp) and a stronger City. We had 15 minutes of fame last season, and now we are forgotten, Bristol Football = joke. 

That's also my take on it.

I recall John Hall lecturing us in the early 90s on how the Bristol clubs should merge and so would then emulate the success of Newcastle as the only club in the city.

Well Newcastle is hardly lighting up the league these days but Liverpool with the constant pressure from Everton continues to thrive as do the Manchester clubs.

I think two club cities produce stronger footballing teams and that historically (though I'm not flogging through the stats) we have alway done better with Rovers snapping at our heels.

Rovers have been hilarious these last few years but as a result have put zero pressure on us so we're now content to float around mid table Championship which we wouldn't be content doing if Rovers were top of L1 or in the Championship with us and occasionally being higher than us.  As it is we have zero competition because I'm not counting the faux rivalry with Cardiff or Swindon. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Yep the actually being there is the best place to assess, or so you would think!! So I do rather depend on reports given by Dave etc as to who individuals are doing, and of course the telly and 'net...I just can't just ask my supporting City mate as to how we are doing, I don't have any here in Tewkesbury....that I know of, (City supporters not mates) ? 

There are a few in Gloucester; on here you'll have to get yourself down the Regal.

Edit: not me these days but used to be.

Edited by Eddie Hitler

This lot are sleepwalking us back to the conference and people that slated Higgs but defend the AQs are badly misguided. From where I'm standing nothing's changed apart from that god awful corner tent on the terrace and a lick of paint in the bar. Biggest false dawn in the club's history.

Fingers crossed Farmygas

46 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You do very well in proving my points, but such poor retorts are designed just to avoid replying the more important points I make...but there you go, it's a Bristol thang. ?

No, it isn’t a Bristol thing.

Every club across the country laugh at their rivals when they make fools of themselves....it’s just Rovers give us more to laugh at. That’s why this thread is so long, if they weren’t so arrogant, thinking their support is superior to everyone else we wouldn’t laugh at them anywhere near as much when they get put in their place whilst screaming abuse at their own players, management and owners (something they pretend only happens at City).

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No, it isn’t a Bristol thing.

Every club across the country laugh at their rivals when they make fools of themselves....it’s just Rovers give us more to laugh at. That’s why this thread is so long, if they weren’t so arrogant, thinking their support is superior to everyone else we wouldn’t laugh at them anywhere near as much when they get put in their place whilst screaming abuse at their own players, management and owners.

?

Out of reps; absolutely spot on.

Ffs lads, we've got an open goal for a day of piss taking and we are shanking it Tom Nichols style to engage in some totally unnecessary navel gazing.

Can we not leave the existential crisis for another time and just enjoy laughing at the hopeless ******* today please?

Barnet hahahaha

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Ffs lads, we've got an open goal for a day of piss taking and we are shanking it Tom Nichols style to engage in some totally unnecessary naval gazing.

Can we not leave the existential crisis for another time and just enjoy laughing at the hopeless ******* today please?

Barnet hahahaha

Absolutely. I can’t stand the skid marks . Let um ave it 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Probably because in the scheme of things, this wasn’t the usual level of non league team that Rovers capitulate against. Barnet were above them in the (non) league only 3 years ago, so whilst it’s still a defeat by a non league side (and amusing) it’s not quite as bad as when they lose to clubs that nobody has ever even heard of before..! 

My post didn't really need a reply old Bean . 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

It looks from my paper that Salford got the same crowd as the NL ers last night.

What next Saltford becoming our nearest rivals from just down the A4? This guy has had enough

Sag.jpeg

I wonder if he’s wearing Adidas trainers.