IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hamer agrees the mem is one of several options, then says "hopefully" there are several other options. "I think that's a fair thing to say".

"These things take time."

Hahahahahahahahahahah

Won't tell anyone where the other options are.

Edited by Unan

CornishPasty_Gas
Reserve Team

CornishPasty_Gas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 126 posts
8 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by CornishPasty_Gas on 8 minutes ago

I could cry listening to this...
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, TomF said:

Always forget about that Stockport Game. Didn't they leave the sprinklers on by accident?  

Their groundsman was seen by a Stockport employee watering the corner of the pitch. I believe they were warned about future behaviour by the FA because of that incident.

Of course, they had history when it came to having games called off due to water logged pitches. It happened at Trumpton one new year when we were due to play them. We were flying at the time and they happened to have a few injuries. Surprisingly, because it wasn't freezing, the water main in the corner of the pitch suddenly sprung a leak overnight, making the pitch unplayable. The game was rescheduled for later in the season when we were struggling with a couple of injuries (Bob Taylor), the rest is history. 

My nephew played for Ashton boys and they had a cup match against Rovers at Yate towns ground. I think it was Vaughan Jones in charge of them. As they were in the dressing room I heard his team talk. Effing and blinding along with the venom coming out of their dressing room was disgusting, worse than a building site, seeing as it was directed at a group of thirteen/fourteen year old lads. Tactics seemed to be based around, kick them up in the air, especially their winger as soon as you get the chance.

Horrible club, with a few exceptions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not being funny but did a fa Cup replay between roverz and Barnet need a police presence. 

Yep police presence at all games for both clubs  this season other than check a trade.

community engagement  and speaking to fans about what we do is far easier to do on the quieter games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yep police presence at all games for both clubs  this season other than check a trade.

community engagement  and speaking to fans about what we do is far easier to do on the quieter games. 

Do you think that's better than the old approach used in the 70's of, kick the shit out of the little blighters, regardless of whether they've done anything wrong??

36 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Ok fair enough. But I think our stretched forces could do without being there. 

But that’s not a dig . Our police are ****** these days. Never been a lover of the police. But I certainly sympathies with you lot now. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ok fair enough. But I think our stretched forces could do without being there. 

But that’s not a dig . Our police are ****** these days. Never been a lover of the police. But I certainly sympathies with you lot now. 

Thank you, certainly changed over the last few years. 

I often point out to fans at meetings and during match day that often there are only 2 Bristol police officers on for most games of football , previously this figure would have been much higher. 

As always I would ask people to consider the ride a long scheme, you can apply and come out for a shift with a response officer, neighbourhood officer or our ost units that do operational support . It is very much an eye opener ! 

All we ask is that you bring doughnuts !!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I often point out to fans at meetings and during match day that often there are only 2 Bristol police officers on for most games of football , previously this figure would have been much higher. 

As always I would ask people to consider the ride a long scheme, you can apply and come out for a shift with a response officer, neighbourhood officer or our ost units that do operational support . It is very much an eye opener ! 

You don't have enough doughnuts?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JulieH said:

No thanks. It seems football is the better option. Sad times 

35 minutes ago, JulieH said:

can I get you to sit on my lap Julie?...…….is that the eye opener you mention?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Would we get issued With a baton and allowed to hit football fans? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rich said:

....they had history when it came to having games called off due to water logged pitches. It happened at Trumpton one new year when we were due to play them. We were flying at the time and they happened to have a few injuries. Surprisingly, because it wasn't freezing, the water main in the corner of the pitch suddenly sprung a leak overnight, making the pitch unplayable. The game was rescheduled for later in the season when we were struggling with a couple of injuries (Bob Taylor), the rest is history.....

I think that was when that mob were at The Mem....post-Bobby Taylor....could be wrong though...