IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think that was when that mob were at The Mem....post-Bobby Taylor....could be wrong though...

Definitely Trumpton, season we were both promoted, 89/90.

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

WMP still employ this tactic?

Some habits die hard.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Thank you, certainly changed over the last few years. 

I often point out to fans at meetings and during match day that often there are only 2 Bristol police officers on for most games of football , previously this figure would have been much higher. 

As always I would ask people to consider the ride a long scheme, you can apply and come out for a shift with a response officer, neighbourhood officer or our ost units that do operational support . It is very much an eye opener ! 

All we ask is that you bring doughnuts !!

I think that's a brilliant idea can I book every other Saturday and said officer would have 90+ minutes to eat the doughnuts.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So many good caption competitions from the DC interview last night, fill yer boots!

6630FE99-682A-4714-A7F7-AA8BF405427B.png

0EB12A0F-4B3D-43BF-81D5-5E87CB5BD616.png

4D430610-8C66-48A7-87FF-4ECCEEC1EF4B.png

“You’re sure you saw Fido with that pampered poodle from down the road...”

”Honestly, you’re sure, the bastard is cheating on me”

”I can’t even take solace in my players, they are just dog shit and whilst I’m dodgy, even that’s not part of my canine fantasy’ - two dogs one cup doesn’t float my boat”....

It’s slowly sinking in to some of them.....

Actually now sick to the back teeth with our ******* club, we will never progress under these clowns , what a let down , I was so optimistic when these guys took over that we would finally become a decent outfit and ready to climb the leagues. We will always be sh**e.

• Haha 1

So many good caption competitions from the DC interview last night, fill yer boots!

0EB12A0F-4B3D-43BF-81D5-5E87CB5BD616.png

"Would someone please get this poodle out the back of my bloody training jacket, it was meant to stay tied up at home where I left it. AH IS THIS ON? LISTEN I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY AS I ALWAYS DO. IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. ME PLAYERS NEED TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES. AND DECIDE IF ME SAYING I'LL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND THEN HUMILIATING THEM AS MUCH AS I CAN, IS OKAY. IT'S NOT OKAY. ME I CAN TAKE IT. ME I CAN KEEP GOING. BECAUSE YOU CAN ALWAYS KEEP GOING WHEN AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU ARE OFF HOME TO TUG OFF A DOG" ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Son Of Nob said:

CA4C435B-460A-4EF0-A697-52FD67966A32.jpeg

Oh wow. What a night I had last night with this tidy little bitch that I picked up on City Road. 

The only problem is... I think I may have caught something....

Oh no. I definitely have..... fleas..!

• Haha 1

Been a busy week but I finally got round to watching the "highlights". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46296107

Two things stood out to me the "open goal" miss was weird, Nicholls actually looks like he is aiming to miss and accidentally hits the post! The "nailed on penalty was not even close enough to be shown in the highlights, the ball was gone and he just throws himself at the goalkeeper. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ok fair enough. But I think our stretched forces could do without being there. 

But that’s not a dig . Our police are ****** these days. Never been a lover of the police. But I certainly sympathies with you lot now. 

Have you not heard about the Rovers and Barnet rivalry? Goes back to the non league days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Been a busy week but I finally got round to watching the "highlights". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46296107

Two things stood out to me the "open goal" miss was weird, Nicholls actually looks like he is aiming to miss and accidentally hits the post! The "nailed on penalty was not even close enough to be shown in the highlights, the ball was gone and he just throws himself at the goalkeeper. 

From 2:17 onwards you get a rousing rendition of their new anthem from the loyal & true few. 

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Have you not heard about the Rovers and Barnet rivalry? Goes back to the non league days.

I’m pretty sure that everyone across the footballing world  has picked up this rivalry, whilst looking out for their second teams results. 

I was only in Milan last week, in a bar by the San Siro, and when I got chatting to the locals and proclaimed that I was from Bristol, they all immediately joked that it was lucky that they were not Barnet fans..! There they were in full voice, blasting out a chorus of Goodnight Irene, until I informed them that I was a City fan, not Rovers. They had never heard of us, obviously. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 7

Hi @JulieH

Regards the police free games or the policed games point, read increasingly up and down the country it's increasingly the case that games are police free? Read a year or 2 ago that Selhurst Park was for example.

Would I be right in thinking that the technical definition of "police free" is basically one or 2 spotters? Or is that something separate?

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Someone suggested on Slagchat that they should have a silent protest at their next home game. I lived near the Mem for years so I know that if they stood there in silence the owners and players wouldn’t notice any difference.

What? The sags do anything silently? REALLY??

What we’ve said for years.. they were blind but now they see.

blueblooded Avatar
blueblooded
Youth Team
9 hours ago
swissgas said:
oldie said:
u are certainly right about business methods in the USA. I've talked to people here who expressed an interest in acquiring Rovers and it didn't take long to find out they knew all the tricks of the trade. Selling long term season ticket debentures and refinancing assets was the main thrust of their strategy and by doing this they could have got Nick Higgs and co their loans repaid but after that, in reality, it was all down to chance which is why I didn't pursue it. 

That is why I've been so dead against the 100% debt finance and no equity method which Dwane Sports have used.  When I brought this up last year many fans disagreed and said "how do you know they won't capitalise their loans at some point" but now I think it is clear they will not do so. The purchase of Rovers was an opportunity for someone with access to cash to take advantage of someone who desperately needed cash and, as you say, that is what entrepreneurs do. 

I am making no judgement on the nationality of our owners but merely pointing out they have a particular type of business culture just as business people from Japan or Brazil or Sweden would operate in their own specific way. The majority of fans, understandably, tend to have limited experience in these matters and may find it hard to accept that, whatever their nationality, people who are smiling and charming one minute can turn hard and impersonal in an instant. And that every day securities are called in by lenders leading more often than not to shock and horror among those who had convinced themselves it would never happen.

It is hard to decide whether to make posts like this Oldie but I think fans should be aware of what is possible. 

So basically we've been taken over by stealthy asset strippers. I did have this concern a while back when they were taking on all this backroom staff as a false sign of intent.

Edited by Unan