IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I have said on more than one occasion, there was more than a touch of the Michael Knighton's about the young Wael. 
That embarrassing mingling with the fans, being carried down Glouc's road , he just lapped up the adoration . All bluff , no substance. My gAss mate has started calling for Clark's head, thing is who could have done any better under the circumstances? Didn't they send their No.1 keeper out on loan, then sell 2/3 of their better players replacing them with freebees . Put Pep in charge under those restrictions and he'd struggle. 

If it was anyone else, I'd probably feel sorry for them. But it ain't , so I don't 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

How the Hell can anyone have a reasonable discussion when the other uses such negative language such as 'fewers' and hanging around like a bad smell? We are talking about Bristol Rovers, perhaps you might have relatives friends  who support them and perfectly level headed reasonable folk who don't deserve to have their team go under. In fact your sort of rhetoric only serves to convince me that you are either stupid or just 'fishing' for 'likes' either way you have succeeded.

I have looked up the number of times we have played them since the beginning of time, and as expected we come out on top, I go back a few years and the list certainly reminds me of some fantastic derbies  we had, and not all going our way of course, crowds in excess of 30,00 too, but you don't want that do you? 

The point I was making about a good Rovers resulted in a better City is a valid one ask anyone who is old enough to remember.

NO. :no::redcard:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Bristol Rovers, perhaps you might have  friends  who support them

I do have friends who support them, but they are friends in spite of their team, not because of it.

So I concur with others who have said Fu'kem

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

How the Hell can anyone have a reasonable discussion when the other uses such negative language such as 'fewers' and hanging around like a bad smell? We are talking about Bristol Rovers, perhaps you might have relatives friends  who support them and perfectly level headed reasonable folk who don't deserve to have their team go under. In fact your sort of rhetoric only serves to convince me that you are either stupid or just 'fishing' for 'likes' either way you have succeeded.

I have looked up the number of times we have played them since the beginning of time, and as expected we come out on top, I go back a few years and the list certainly reminds me of some fantastic derbies  we had, and not all going our way of course, crowds in excess of 30,00 too, but you don't want that do you? 

The point I was making about a good Rovers resulted in a better City is a valid one ask anyone who is old enough to remember.

Thought you'd made your last posting yesterday ..............don't let us keep you !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

It's only valid if you can demonstrate that there is an actual correlation between the performance of the 2 clubs.

If you have the statistics to support your claim, fine. Otherwise it's just an assertion.

In any event, shouldn't it work the other way around? Shouldn't Rovers perform better when we are doing well? Or does the alleged effect only work in one direction?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

Half of my family are fewers, and I’d piss myself if the Sags disappeared, personal  past experiences with their supporters make me despise them.

Sooner they to$$ers go bust the better for football.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hi @JulieH

Regards the police free games or the policed games point, read increasingly up and down the country it's increasingly the case that games are police free? Read a year or 2 ago that Selhurst Park was for example.

Would I be right in thinking that the technical definition of "police free" is basically one or 2 spotters? Or is that something separate?

Good question

police free within our force area is 2 home spotters and 2 away spotters . We call it police free or spotter only. 

Other forces are similar , I personally don’t know what selhurst park do but often spotter only games are called police free as there are no other additional police allocated to it. 

Some smaller clubs have completely police free games where no police officers or spotters are involved . It is wholly dependent on the risk each game poses and is done on a match by match basis . 

There are 5 gradings used on a national level that each club will use. They are police free, spotters only, a grade , b grade or c grade . There is also a c grade with increased risk grading (known as c-ir) 

football clubs in our force area only pay for a grades and above .

it is a very cloudy area between police free and spotters only , as some forces state games are police free when in fact spotters were allocated ! 

• Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeeez.........you’re too young to understand..............wtp?...

Someone said about organising a minibus for gasheads.

You (in)famously drove a minbus full to Wembley.

At the same time my comment was worded to be similar to the "job for Cotts" posts.

No lack of understanding here, but evidently a lot of it on your end.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Good question

police free within our force area is 2 home spotters and 2 away spotters . We call it police free or spotter only. 

Other forces are similar , I personally don’t know what selhurst park do but often spotter only games are called police free as there are no other additional police allocated to it. 

Some smaller clubs have completely police free games where no police officers or spotters are involved . It is wholly dependent on the risk each game poses and is done on a match by match basis . 

There are 5 gradings used on a national level that each club will use. They are police free, spotters only, a grade , b grade or c grade . There is also a c grade with increased risk grading (known as c-ir) 

football clubs in our force area only pay for a grades and above .

it is a very cloudy area between police free and spotters only , as some forces state games are police free when in fact spotters were allocated ! 

I am slightly confused

1) home spotters is this people looking for somewhere to live?

2) when you police the gas do you police the 20,000 locked out?

3)is c-ir Millwall?

4 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Hi, I know you don’t live in Bristol....so you don’t know how the rivalry plays out - seven days a week...my dear old Dad was a gashead, my grandad was a gashead and my great grandad was a gashead....i obviously saw the light...those three guys were, and still are, huge heroes to me...but I’m a City fan...we don’t like that mob up the road...regardless of who, from our families, used to support them...

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hi, I know you don’t live in Bristol....so you don’t know how the rivalry plays out - seven days a week...my dear old Dad was a gashead, my grandad was a gashead and my great grandad was a gashead....i obviously saw the light...those three guys were, and still are, huge heroes to me...but I’m a City fan...we don’t like that mob up the road...regardless of who, from our families, used to support them...

Good post mate.

My wider family is half and half. I find it strange when i see immediate families also split but everyone has their own story as to why. I hate that club as a whole (more pity in recent years) but i have decent mates of mine who love their club as much as we love ours.

When the initial banter is out of the way I generally have very good and down to earth chats about both clubs with gasheads.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Good post mate.

My wider family is half and half. I find it strange when i see immediate families also split but everyone has their own story as to why. I hate that club as a whole (more pity in recent years) but i have decent mates of mine who love their club as much as we love ours.

When the initial banter is out of the way I generally have very good and down to earth chats about both clubs with gasheads.

The Gas are like the OB, as individuals they are fine but as a collective they are vile

? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, reddoh said:

I am slightly confused

1) home spotters is this people looking for somewhere to live?

2) when you police the gas do you police the 20,000 locked out?

3)is c-ir Millwall?

1) police football officers , wearing high viz tabards with blue shoulders, normally located not too far away from a coffee bar?

2) of course !?

3) yes it is this season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Indeed.

The only problem that the Rovers fans have is the mob of gurt Teds that follows them around wearing Rovers shirts whilst punching horses, playing boob cricket, and terrifying families.

I know this because I read it in the Bristol Evening Post.

To be fair, I didn't mind when it was just your fans pretending to be Rovers to ruin our reputation, but now you have City players disguising themselves  as Gas and playing like *****, well it's all a bit too much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

10 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

they certainly wouldn`t have any problem playing like ***** ask Preston

p.s have you any decent goalscorers we can buy off you, not like the last one though, he cant seem to find the barn door let alone hit it.(he does run around a lot though)

p.p.s Stupid question I know, you don't have decent anything do you?

I`ve heard that Nicholls lad is really prolific.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JulieH said:

1) police football officers , wearing high viz tabards with blue shoulders, normally located not too far away from a coffee bar?

2) of course !?

3) yes it is this season 

And are you also able to confirm that both local clubs are fully up to date with payments for policing and neither team has outstanding invoices?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

And are you also able to confirm that both local clubs are fully up to date with payments for policing and neither team has outstanding invoices?

Unfortunately I don’t deal with that side of football policing 

freedom of information request would be appropriate to get answers regarding questions around finance as I don’t get involved in that side of things thank god !! 

• Like 1