IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Not a single Gashead in my family, ever.  It must be the genes - we were certainly all born with 5 fingers on each hand.

I stand to be corrected but thought Gasheads, like Mules, were all Jaffas......

Another lesser known similarity is neither are able to see a thing staring them directly in the face.....

59 minutes ago, Selred said:

My Mums one of them, and I live next to the Valley so off to the game today. In the away stand so I’ve had to change my phone case and phone screen so it’s not the City badge....

Least my neighbours will be happy at 5 o’clock today. 

You were lucky to get a ticket as I presume the away end is sold out as usual.

40 minutes ago, Selred said:

Overall a pretty funny afternoon. No one of any class for the G*s, and Charlton never really left 3rd gear. 

Some awful defending for all 3 goals, one positive for R*vers is that none of their players told any fans to **** off today.....

How was Karlan Grant for Charlton?

Saw he got an assist for their second. He's a really good prospect.

29 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

10,328 (692 x 15er's plus @Selred)

691 x 15ers plus me and my partner. She’s a red too (I converted her).

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

How was Karlan Grant for Charlton?

Saw he got an assist for their second. He's a really good prospect.

Really pacy, got behind their defence a few times. Need to improve his touch but only 20. All depends on his attitude but could go far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

they certainly wouldn`t have any problem playing like ***** ask Preston

p.s have you any decent goalscorers we can buy off you, not like the last one though, he cant seem to find the barn door let alone hit it.(he does run around a lot though)

p.p.s Stupid question I know, you don't have decent anything do you?

If we do unearth another decent goalscorer, rest assured we will be selling him at the first opportunity.

Depends what you mean by 'anything decent'. Are you into camping? We may have overstocked on some equipment lately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 23/11/2018 at 15:16, Swede said:

That bloke must have no scruples at all or he's being handsomely rewarded.

I know the majority of the fewers are half wits but it would take even the thickest of witless irene tupping half breed to believe he's talking anything but a load of henbury.

He's just the frontman, who gets thrown under the bus by owners when they want a mouthpiece to address the unsettled fanbase, or deliver bad news (UWE stadium cancelled).  Not sure that he knows much more than the fans to be honest. 

He gets paid £70k per annum - I'd do it for £50k if they asked nicely. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

He's just the frontman, who gets thrown under the bus by owners when they want a mouthpiece to address the unsettled fanbase, or deliver bad news (UWE stadium cancelled).  Not sure that he knows much more than the fans to be honest. 

He gets paid £70k per annum - I'd do it for £50k if they asked nicely. 

£70k? That really doesn't sound much for a chairman.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

£70k? That really doesn't sound much for a chairman.

I'd say that's 50k too much for your ******* shower. I'd do the job for 20k and I've already got some soundbites prepared:

"We've taken advantage of the Black Friday sale at Go! So expect to see more fan accomodation soon."

"We've been scouring the markets for talent that we can afford. Unfortunately despite attending various farmers markets there appears to be a dearth of local talent willing to give up their giro for the privilege of playing for us."

"Wael is constantly looking for new opportunities but eBay is proving a difficult place to offload a white elephant."

"We hope to have news on a new stadium soon. As soon as we can figure a way of stealing one you can expect news on that front."

"Our fanbase is huge. Our potential fanbase is massive. It encompasses the whole of the South of England. We have the potential to have 3/4 of a million fans in our new stadium with a further half a million locked out. There's no other club that could or would say that."

"Everybody loves the r*verz, innit."

"We are the premier club in South Gloucester."

"Nicholls is a proven goal scorer at this level, evidenced by the fact that he has scored a goal at this level and is likely to score another at some point."

I've got loads more but I'll save them for the 1st presser I do. Bargain I'd say at 20k.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malbec said:

I'd say that's 50k too much for your ******* shower. I'd do the job for 20k and I've already got some soundbites prepared:

"We've taken advantage of the Black Friday sale at Go! So expect to see more fan accomodation soon."

"We've been scouring the markets for talent that we can afford. Unfortunately despite attending various farmers markets there appears to be a dearth of local talent willing to give up their giro for the privilege of playing for us."

"Wael is constantly looking for new opportunities but eBay is proving a difficult place to offload a white elephant."

"We hope to have news on a new stadium soon. As soon as we can figure a way of stealing one you can expect news on that front."

"Our fanbase is huge. Our potential fanbase is massive. It encompasses the whole of the South of England. We have the potential to have 3/4 of a million fans in our new stadium with a further half a million locked out. There's no other club that could or would say that."

"Everybody loves the r*verz, innit."

"We are the premier club in South Gloucester."

"Nicholls is a proven goal scorer at this level, evidenced by the fact that he has scored a goal at this level and is likely to score another at some point."

I've got loads more but I'll save them for the 1st presser I do. Bargain I'd say at 20k.

I see you're full of shite just like the current lot!

• Haha 10

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I believe that's what was shown in the last set of accounts.  Will be interesting to see how much extra the new CEO has put on wage bill - I haven't a clue what he does either! 

The Chairman role is usually a part time role, couple of days a week maybe, so £70k is pretty good.

I'd have thought both he and the CEO are actually very busy owing to the apparently remote owners with their tight purse strings (so regular cost and payment schedule negotiation with supplier to stay within cashflow budgets) and requirement for endless updated reports on ground improvements, new ground, training ground.

If the story of the training ground improvements is correct (sky high spec, £3m budget, cost estimates £11m, no attempt to bridge that gap just drop hands), and the lack of progress suggests so, then it's going to also be a fairly thankless job.

I've worked in a situation where the Board was such that you knew you were wasting your time in bringing new projects to them yet they still demanded they be brought.  It was like a silly parlour game.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I can't remember us ever taking less than 1000 to a Saturday London away Game. But of course, they are the better fans.

We took 699 to Charlton on a Saturday back in 2013, when we were already relegated and playing absolutely dire football under O’Driscoll. 

Bar that, I can’t remember any other time...