IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, pride of the west said:

Surely we have to try and get him in January? He's tearing league 1 a new one week in week out.

Certainly playing well at the moment, let’s hope he continues to improve, doubtful Liverpool would be keen on doing business again re Kent but with Herbie being City through and through may well help if we ever did express an interest. Unsure if we’d get him in Jan depends if it’s a season long loan to Donny I suppose?

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Certainly playing well at the moment, let’s hope he continues to improve, doubtful Liverpool would be keen on doing business again re Kent but with Herbie being City through and through may well help if we ever did express an interest. Unsure if we’d get him in Jan depends if it’s a season long loan to Donny I suppose?

Only on loan until Jan 

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

6,391 sags there tonight..

Well that’s a bit embarrassing isn’t it?

The superfans who claim to be more loyal than anyone else, especially us apparently. Tell everyone that their support is envied across the land, outgrown the Mem, “if they play on the streets we’ll watch from the pavement” etc.

Fickle Sags. 

We we’re still getting 10k+ crowds when we were bottom of L1 under SO’D.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Clarke is on a five year contract too isn’t he

Where are they going to find the money to sack him ?

oh well

:laughcont:

:laughcont:

You have to remember that Higgs only kept him on when he took them to the conference was because they couldn't afford to sack him as they were still paying off previous managers.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You have to remember that Higgs only kept him on when he took them to the conference was because they couldn't afford to sack him as they were still paying off previous managers.

Oddly he signed a three year deal in May 2016, then signed a five year deal in June 2017

• Admin
17 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Interview tonight........ sounds like he may be thinking of walking !

Heard him claim that the club got £1.5m for the players that left and only had £0.5m to reinvest. 

Compare that to Hamer telling twentyman all the money received was reinvested 

I'm intrigued what it was Clarke got a bollocking for revealing recently, certainly looks like it's coming to a conclusion 

The worst thing they could do now is get rid of DC imo. 

He's the only league one quality thing they have at the club currently, and of they were to get rid they'd have basically no money to get a replacement and so they'd spiral even further downward...

So actually, maybe it is best if he leaves... 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Heard him claim that the club got £1.5m for the players that left and only had £0.5m to reinvest. 

Compare that to Hamer telling twentyman all the money received was reinvested 

I'm intrigued what it was Clarke got a bollocking for revealing recently, certainly looks like it's coming to a conclusion 

Hamer is bloody cute in these interviews; he doesn't lie but he makes you think he has said things that he hasn't.

He did not say that all the proceeds of player sales had been spent on new players.

He said that all monies received, and bear in mind that he was very clear about big deferred instalments so these would not have been received yet so he isn't including those, had been reinvested in the squad.

And as he stressed later squad investment includes wages.

So he was strictly truthful but gave a false impression that the amount for which the players were sold was spent on new players.

It clearly wasn't and he didn't actually say that; he just made you think that he did.

Clever guy; that's why he earns £70k for a part time job.

I worked with someone who similarly wouldn't lie; if there was a call and somebody didn't want to speak to the caller she would put her hand over her eyes and say "I can't see him."

It's not telling lies but it is fooling people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I worked with someone who similarly wouldn't lie; if there was a call and somebody didn't want to speak to the caller she would put her hand over her eyes and say "I can't see him."

Quality!!

16 minutes ago, SX227 said:

That's a man who is going to tear Wally a new one.

He will be gone by Saturday

Talk about digging your own grave - fair play though, he is going to go down swinging.

Staggeringly blunt interview.

If you don't want to watch 5 minutes of Dopey Darrell gurning and contradicting himself here's the highlights:

"MY fans..."

"not ruthlessunuss (???)"

"Fans deserve more"

Excuses about selling strikers

Something about horses.

Confirmed he'll 'dust himself down'

Takes responsibility, clearly doesn't mean it.

Dopey and LJ now in a race to see who can rack up 10 straight defeats on the bounce first. The Dopemeister takes the lead tonight...LJ's thinking "hold my pint".

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

The Dopey post match interview left me wondering if he intends to ramp up the anti board rhetoric to see how far he can go until he's sacked.

He's already moved up a notch or two recently. I bet, come another defeat Saturday, we could hear accusations of camel buggering.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Haha 2