IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

43 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Dopey hasn’t thought this through UNLESS he just wants the gardening leave pay off and has no further ambition to be a Manager. What Chairman will touch him after that rant?!!

To be fair everyone knows what a shower they are, and what a load of old bull Wally has been pedalling for yonks.

Someone would take a chance on him down there, just look at some of the poor managers that keep getting jobs at that level over the years. 

He'd probably have a better chance of a league 2 club over league 1, considering that he's won promotion from that level previously though.

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

This epitomises everything about the Blue Few!

FAKE FANTA!!! Surely it doesn't get any more pathetic?

Also, how does this Sag know what ass tastes like?

Exactly what I thought when I read it - such a Rovers thing. I know it's cliche but you honestly couldn't make up some of the ridiculous stories that come from that club. 

Easy to see why their thread is so popular, especially with days like today. They make it too easy.  

• Like 2

Utter ******* ! We were all well and truly taken in by these ***** , I’m just so angry and saddened that I along with many other long suffering gasheads thought that we were going to finally get the club we all deserved ! Like usual we’ve been shafted. It’s time to face the facts that we will always be a ******* joke to the rest of the football league, the only decent thing we have is us fans, we deserve so much better.

Never use drugs kids, this is what happens.

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Sorry I'm out of touch but - who's Neil?

All the tuareg seem to be banging on about tonight is:

"We played our best for Neil..... We couldn't have given any more for Neil......" 

It’s rovers goal tally every week.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Utter ******* ! We were all well and truly taken in by these ***** , I’m just so angry and saddened that I along with many other long suffering gasheads thought that we were going to finally get the club we all deserved ! Like usual we’ve been shafted. It’s time to face the facts that we will always be a ******* joke to the rest of the football league, the only decent thing we have is us fans, we deserve so much better.

Yeah. Every club that get 7,000 fans at home deserve to be playing at a higher level than League One..!  

Belter! 

• Haha 2

I don’t think Dopey should take it so personal. NO manager will get a training ground etc, it’s just not happening. Everyone knows that, expect their deluded fans who are still hanging onto their pipe dreams as that’s preferable than facing reality.

Dopey is asking for the sack. Let’s see how Wally feels about him going so public about their situation.  Dopey’s stock is so low that no other club will want him unless he wants to go back to Non League or at best League Two where he will be employed to get a club promoted. The Gas cannot afford to sack him, the relationship between the parties has broken down. There are no winners here ( yes I am enjoying this).

Like LJ he has had his best players sold, but unlike LJ hasn’t been backed at all regarding replacements. LJ is expected to achieve more with less, Dopey is expected to do the same with nothing!

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah. Every club that get 7,000 fans at home deserve to be playing at a higher level than League One..!  

Belter! 

They don't see it do they, it is incredible. Sunderland deserve better because they get 30,000 + in the third tier. Pompey deserve better, because they were getting nearly 20,000 in the fourth tier. Rovers haven't averaged over 10,000 in a season for nearly 70 years. They are a third tier team, playing in the third tier. Their support has always reflected that fact.

Secondly, who was booing the Rovers team? Must have been City fans who sneaked in to see Herbie Kane as we all know the self appointed greatest fans in the universe would never turn on their own team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don’t think Dopey should take it so personal. NO manager will get a training ground etc, it’s just not happening. Everyone knows that, expect their deluded fans who are still hanging onto their pipe dreams as that’s preferable than facing reality.

Dopey is asking for the sack. Let’s see how Wally feels about him going so public about their situation.  Dopey’s stock is so low that no other club will want him unless he wants to go back to Non League or at best League Two where he will be employed to get a club promoted. The Gas cannot afford to sack him, the relationship between the parties has broken down. There are no winners here ( yes I am enjoying this).

Like LJ he has had his best players sold, but unlike LJ hasn’t been backed at all regarding replacements. LJ is expected to achieve more with less, Dopey is expected to do the same with nothing!

Tbf M he admits himself he has a mid table budget in L1 , and is underperforming 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tbf M he admits himself he has a mid table budget in L1 , and is underperforming 

Is that true though, the mid table budget bit not the underperforming? I would be very surprised if they are paying League One average wages for the squad they have assembled, all freebies and misfits. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Belter! 

Their delusion is incredible. In a week when the Bristol Post publish a table showing that in terms of attendances as a % of local population Rovers come rock bottom of L1, below Accrington, Shrewsbury, Burton etc (all clubs who’s support they criticise) they still believe that their support deserves better than what they have.

They have the club they deserve, when the Al Qadis arrived hardly any of them said “hang on a minute, let’s wait and see what happens...”, the majority couldn’t wait to tell everyone how soon they were going to pass US and how much more wealthy they were than US.

How did that turn out? ?

• Like 4

I'm gonna give this thread some 'sensible' perspective for a change.

Been out for a pre Xmas ruby tonight with long time friends, some of which are gas. Inevitably, living on the dark side, we ended up in Dando's, in Oldland.

I got chatting to a few proper gas, 40 year men, who have my respect and to see their pain, actually hurt. Maybe I'm getting old. The consensus is that Clarke is an honest, straight talking bloke that's been let down massively by owners that promised all sorts and delivered naff all. Essentially, they feel sacking Clarke would be a huge mistake but realise the Al Q's are now in a position to essentially close them down by calling in their debt.

While I, obviously laughed, I felt their pain as their club could genuinely be killed off!

Shame eh! ;)

1982 bitches, 1982!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Their delusion is incredible. In a week when the Bristol Post publish a table showing that in terms of attendances as a % of local population Rovers come rock bottom of L1, below Accrington, Shrewsbury, Burton etc (all clubs who’s support they criticise) they still believe that their support deserves better than what they have.

They have the club they deserve, when the Al Qadis arrived hardly any of them said “hang on a minute, let’s wait and see what happens...”, the majority couldn’t wait to tell everyone how soon they were going to pass US and how much more wealthy they were than US.

How did that turn out? ?

Yes, I don’t recall much cynicism along the lines of “Hang about, for every Ambramovich there’s been ten Venkys and Owen Oystens” - it was universal gloating and baseless predictions of world domination in next to no time.

Scum fans are getting the owners they deserve and it’s an absolute joy to behold.

• Like 3

If you are 1 of the 5 who has been told that you are not good enough and going in Jan but still being picked in the mean time I would imagine that your motivation to succeed won't really be that high.

That's on the manager who should be motivating the squad not telling the world how bad they are?

I bet clubs are queuing already to take them off their hands.

It's been clear for a couple of years looking at "improvements" to the mem that there isn't any money and the club was brought as an ego trip where the investment just isn't there.

When wael came in it was being reported that he was a billionaire, the club were richer than city etc. Nothing was said to dispel that by the club so seeing tents errected and clearly no investment forthcoming  is a real eye opener.

The other thing that bugs me is rovers fans keep patting themselves on the back saying that they are the best fans in the world and the best thing at club?

Reality bites...

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm gonna give this thread some 'sensible' perspective for a change.

Been out for a pre Xmas ruby tonight with long time friends, some of which are gas. Inevitably, living on the dark side, we ended up in Dando's, in Oldland.

I got chatting to a few proper gas, 40 year men, who have my respect and to see their pain, actually hurt. Maybe I'm getting old. The consensus is that Clarke is an honest, straight talking bloke that's been let down massively by owners that promised all sorts and delivered naff all. Essentially, they feel sacking Clarke would be a huge mistake but realise the Al Q's are now in a position to essentially close them down by calling in their debt.

While I, obviously laughed, I felt their pain as their club could genuinely be killed off!

Shame eh! ;)

1982 bitches, 1982!!! 

No club in this country has ever actually gone AFAIK except by merger (Bristol Southend and Bedminster).  Aldershot and Bradford Park Avenue are still plugging away.

If they lose their ground then it's back to Twerton or the new Bath Rugby ground due 2021.

As long as it has even a few hundred supporters who are going to pay to watch a club then that club will continue in some form.