IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

29 minutes ago, Bristol is red said:

Never mind the stench of 7000 unwashed sags.  Mind you, playing in our stadium they would think they had gone to football heaven considering what they're used to playing in.

Imagine when you went to sit in your seat knowing that the last thing that sat in it was a fetid s*g arse.

I`d have to take a bottle of Dettol spray to every game and I doubt the stewards would let me in with it.

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We do. For a club who brought over 40,000 fans to Wembley for a 5th tier play of final shows the amount of potential there is being a big city club,

Relentless bullshit . As Danny Baker said pathological liars 

If you repeat a lie often enough eventually it becomes the truth. Just ask Donald Trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We do. For a club who brought over 40,000 fans to Wembley for a 5th tier play of final shows the amount of potential there is being a big city club,

It’s almost like they WANT to be ridiculed.

Some of them actually believe this bullshit as well. 

For the benefit of any visiting Sags, if you want to know what 40k+ looks like at Wembley....ie Full!

CE1D9571-0E03-41AE-9590-A163DF5C0B31.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

To be fair, one of theirs has put this deluded idiot right on their forum, 22k for the non league game. Was it even that many? I don't really give a monkeys tbh.

Edited by Ska Junkie

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

...As unlikely as it sounds Gasheads seem to think if he goes then Cotts. or Hollowhead are in the frame to replace him.

Cotts. really needs to come out and reiterate how much he despises ragass Rovers and state openly he would never manage them...

I heard one gashead on Radio Bristol last night say he’d want either Cotts or Olly if DC went....is that what you’re basing it on or do you know the consensus of more gasheads?

53 minutes ago, kivsy said:

People always mention rovers haven’t got a pit to piss in , how dire is their financial situation ? 

Look at the state of their team, as an indication. 

Add to that the fact that the amount they owe Wally & family is about the same as the value of the Mem, effectively leaving their only asset to cover their debt, which they can cash it whenever they see fit. 

They basically own nothing, have no players (possibly Slocombe & the Welsh one, can’t remember his name) that have any value whatsoever, crowds that fall short of their required break even figure, owners who aren’t prepared to spend any money about the security of the value of the Mem (which is already effectively mortgaged to the hilt, and they look to be heading towards relegation. 

There is a word to describe them... what is it now...?

Oh yeah. “Insolvent” ? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have posted a few times the actual "gas attendance" for that match was most likely in the region of 32K. This was based on earlier tickets sales that were reported in local papers about 1 week prior to the fixture. I have no idea why there are no more sales figures announced just before the game in either the Bristol or Grimsby press or by the clubs involved. 

However by perpetuating this myth rovers are in fact debunking one of their other favourite myths e.g. the one that "they are the most loyal fans" in Bristol/Engalnd/World.

So some approximate figures

Our average attendance (20K) based as a percentage of 40K fans at Wembley = 50% ish

Their average attendance (8K) based as a percentage of 40K (mythical) fans at Wembley = 20% ish

Seems to me the "loyalty thing" is very much a lie

Edited by cityal
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm gonna give this thread some 'sensible' perspective for a change.

Been out for a pre Xmas ruby tonight with long time friends, some of which are gas. Inevitably, living on the dark side, we ended up in Dando's, in Oldland.

I got chatting to a few proper gas, 40 year men, who have my respect and to see their pain, actually hurt. Maybe I'm getting old. The consensus is that Clarke is an honest, straight talking bloke that's been let down massively by owners that promised all sorts and delivered naff all. Essentially, they feel sacking Clarke would be a huge mistake but realise the Al Q's are now in a position to essentially close them down by calling in their debt.

While I, obviously laughed, I felt their pain as their club could genuinely be killed off!

Shame eh! ;)

1982 bitches, 1982!!! 

My band played in Oldland last night - you could have pogoed into the early hours! And, as you say, 1982 - they stopped us having financial help from the Council and they tried to steal Ashton Gate....so **** ‘em!

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My band played in Oldland last night - you could have pogoed into the early hours! And, as you say, 1982 - they stopped us having financial help from the Council and they tried to steal Ashton Gate....so **** ‘em!

You're joking? I would have been right up for that. :(

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

After reading some comments on here who have sympathy for the gas , and that we are all football fans wanting the best for football in Bristol and the West Country. 

I would like to make my position clear and unequivocal,  I want them to go bust and out of business and Bristol Rovers never to return . I have no shrewd of empathy, sympathy or humanity for them.

This is an extremely hard nosed comment with not even a modicum of compassion for BRFC. It is however an opinion with which I am in total agreement. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's certainly the way that I see it going.  The AQs will want the money back that they have loaned against the value of the Memorial Stadium but they have valued it as a development land rather than in its existng use a football ground; so any incoming buyer will have to buy the ground at its development value ?£15m rather than as a football ground which is then making what looks like being a L2 club very expensive unless they are bought without the ground.

I wouldn't however want to see them groundsharing at Ashton Gate as it seems to create unpleasantness (IIRC the Palace Brighton rivalry stems from one of them groundsharing with the other) so back to Twerton it is.

From what I was told Wally was offered more than the debt and his counter was he wanted 18 million plus shares in the club. Now what seems to be the only interested party long gone he is stuck with them, and their ever increasing debt - hence why now they even have to have more cuts coming in. Even if they manage to stay up this season they will be down the next if players have to leave. You would imagine Sercombe and Lockyer (the only 2 that ever get mentioned as being half decent) will be gone and the on loan keeper may even be gone in January - and if it wasn't for him they would be rock bottom now. Will do well to stay up this year now but it is only going to get worse with Wally at the top in the near future.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

From what I was told Wally was offered more than the debt and his counter was he wanted 18 million plus shares in the club. Now what seems to be the only interested party long gone he is stuck with them, and their ever increasing debt - hence why now they even have to have more cuts coming in. Even if they manage to stay up this season they will be down the next if players have to leave. You would imagine Sercombe and Lockyer (the only 2 that ever get mentioned as being half decent) will be gone and the on loan keeper may even be gone in January - and if it wasn't for him they would be rock bottom now. Will do well to stay up this year now but it is only going to get worse with Wally at the top in the near future.

Thank you; that's very interesting amd would probably have been my guess as to how the current (mis)management would behave in the event of a reasonable offer: be a total arse about it.

That was their best chance of selling and retrieving their money and they blew it; every year from now is another £2m down the lavvy and the playing side will go backwards until they inevitably tumble back into the Conference.

Silly sods.

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fa

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Thank you; that's very interesting amd would probably have been my guess as to how the current (mis)management would behave in the event of a reasonable offer: be a total arse about it.

That was their best chance of selling and retrieving their money and they blew it; every year from now is another £2m down the lavvy and the playing side will go backwards until they inevitably tumble back into the Conference.

Silly sods.

Wael-al-Quadi-celebrating-with-Rovers-fa

Was that picture from when he took over Rovers, or did City fans see him out having a few beers on North Street last night..?! 

• Haha 5

Reality is, both Holloway or Cotts would take the job - jobs are limited and the pool of candidates quite high.

It'll be 70k a year, with a bonus for keeping them up, roll on next summer and they won't have the support they thought they would and cracks will start to show.

Just can't imagine either of them working in such a restricted environment.

• Like 1

Holloway surely wouldn't have the nerve to go and even put his hat in the ring for it after basically slating the owners in the paper would he? Even if he did, it would show the incompetence of the board if they even interviewed him, let alone gave it to him. I suppose they may think it will shut the supporters up for another year or two......

Holloway could quite easily walk as well if given promises that aren't fulfilled, as I doubt he needs the money. I doubt he even needs the grief and stress working under the current mob either.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Reality is, both Holloway or Cotts would take the job - jobs are limited and the pool of candidates quite high.

It'll be 70k a year, with a bonus for keeping them up, roll on next summer and they won't have the support they thought they would and cracks will start to show.

I don`t know so much. Surely everyone in the game must know what a bunch of bullshitters and frauds the owners are and any promises given are unlikely to be fulfilled. It really is a job that can only harm your reputation, nothing good can come of it apart from a pay off in eighteen months.

It`ll be Marcus Stewart, the cheap option.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I reckon that considering Cotts is only about half way through his 2.5 year Brum contract, reportedly £450k pa, (unless Brum paid it up), I think it would take more than £70k pa to tempt him to rag ass rovers. Not that I would imagine he would be remotely interested.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t know so much. Surely everyone in the game must know what a bunch of bullshitters and frauds the owners are and any promises given are unlikely to be fulfilled. It really is a job that can only harm your reputation, nothing good can come of it apart from a pay off in eighteen months.

It`ll be Marcus Stewart, the cheap option.

If you are an out of work manager, then there must already be questions over your reputation.

Reality is, few managers who are looking for work will have had a premiership wage going in to retirement, so the chance to early 100k (with the likely payoff) is probably too good an opportunity to turn down.