IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

Not averaged 10k since about early 70’s I would of thought! Absolutely delusional morons. 

They're not all deluded........:blink:

Raj Gas
Reserve Team

Raj Gas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 107 posts
Dec 9, 2018 at 9:25pm paulpirate likes this
Post Options

Post by Raj Gas on Dec 9, 2018 at 9:25pm

gas2 Avatar
Anybody remember when Atkins and co came here brought in 7new players we stayed up think we need the same now a manager with fire and passion

Yes and tbh I think that coaching set up was a lot more experienced than this one.

I remember back then Atkins saying he had received the largest budget here that he had ever worked with and DC has now admitted the same.Sometimes when Managers in this position they start building a squad rather than a team and lose sight of  just what has been successful, trying to recruit for all eventualities but mastering none of them.

Suddenly the opposition who play the same way with the same players week in week out beat us with really they have no right to.  
Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 2

Massive game for the blue few this weekend as they travel to the Stadium of Light for the FIRST TIME EVER!

Some of them still think that they are going up to Roker Park!

The last time they even played Sunderland in the League was at Trumpton in 1993, so now lets play guess the crowd.

Without looking it up, how many loyal and few, including the hordes of travelling Mackems made it along to Bath, it what was their final season at 'Championship' level (League Division 1 back then)

:gasmask: MTG 

Edited by myol'man

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know that their fan base are generally as thick as pig shite, but surely the odd one with half a brain cell should pipe up and deliver the realism that getting 7-8k at home games is not “well supported” especially when their minimum break even requirement is (was, its probably more now) 9.5k. 

How often has their amazing support averaged their minimum required break even number in the last 60 odd years..?!  

That’s not actually the part of the quote that stand out to me. It’s the fact they think they are attractive to an investor because they have a interesting backstory with their nicknames and have a unique kit. Wtf, they are in a worse mess than I thought if that’s a strong selling point.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, myol'man said:

the last time they even played Sunderland in the League was at Trumpton in 1993, so now lets play guess the crowd.

Without looking it up, how many loyal and few, including the hordes of travelling Mackems made it along to Bath, it what was their final season at 'Championship' level (League Division 1 back then)

3,200?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That was a pivotal match. Winning up there ( at a time when Bradford were en route for the top division) proved that we had that bit of magic and gave us all the belief that we were onto something special. 

"en route for the top division" ?

They must have took the scenic route, they took another 10 years after they played us...!!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

"en route for the top division" ?

They must have took the scenic route, they took another 10 years after they played us...!!

I seem to remember that they were  near the top of the second division and going really well .

We were in the third and no one gave us much , if any , of a chance .

I bow down to your encyclopedic memory Mr Riley .

:thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That was a pivotal match. Winning up there ( at a time when Bradford were en route for the top division) proved that we had that bit of magic and gave us all the belief that we were onto something special. 

Well, I don’t think Bradford were on their way to the top at that point in time Maj ..... they were relegated to the third tier a couple of years after we beat them up there and it took them ten years to reach the premier league from when we stuffed ‘em....however, during their league cup run that year they beat both Everton and Spurs I believe so our result was not to be sniffed at...

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Massive game for the blue few this weekend as they travel to the Stadium of Light for the FIRST TIME EVER!

Some of them still think that they are going up to Roker Park!

The last time they even played Sunderland in the League was at Trumpton in 1993, so now lets play guess the crowd.

6140?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, I don’t think Bradford were on their way to the top at that point in time Maj ..... they were relegated to the third tier a couple of years after we beat them up there and it took them ten years to reach the premier league from when we stuffed ‘em....however, during their league cup run that year they beat both Everton and Spurs I believe so our result was not to be sniffed at...

You could even say it was ' pivotal ' ? :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Someone needs to teach them the meaning of unique too as they constantly refer to their kit as being so when justifying why a mega rich investor should buy them...

Pachuca-18-19-Home-Kit-1.jpg

Bit harsh to compare them with a team no one has heard of scrabbling around in the lower leagues in their country, after all they are one of the most successful teams in the Mexican league. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

All whilst they seem to think they ‘deserve’ a new stadium, training ground, and a rich owner to fund their superb fanbase.

A few years ago one gashead actually posted "Why can't someone just give us a ground?"

On this forum, it was then stated "Since Rovers always sell anything of value, they'd soon be homeless again".

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

88/89 we beat em in cup 

89/90 we got promoted and they got relegated