IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Surely seeing as it's a subject on the gas and numbers that would be 90,000 with many of said pages locked out!

90.000? That`s a full two s*g Wembly attendances isn`t it?

1 minute ago, Unan said:
  • This is post 44943, so another 7 until page 900.

six now

Edited by Red Right Hand

34 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Good luck with that in Horfield!

Don`t waste your time looking for a virgin either.

Bit rude. We Horfield residents are generally rather cultured I'll have you know. Whilst we do have to put up with a handful of ill-mannered scruffs dressed by George at Asda wandering our neighbourhood every couple of weeks or so, most of us simply stay indoors until the frightful oiks have returned to their caravans. Either that or we go and watch City away.

I do have one neighbour who goes to Rovers games occasionally, but he's an exiled Palace fan from South London who finds it, frankly, all a bit shite to be honest, but can't be arsed to travel further afield to watch a game. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

This will likely be as successful as when they threatened to load up their trolleys in Sainsbury's and then abandon them in the aisles in a 'mass' display of Gas disobedience. It was all hot air. 

And who can forget the law-abiding pillar of the community that is Henbury Ass suggesting that they visit the store and take a dump in the fruit & veg department.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

Someone needs to teach them the meaning of unique too as they constantly refer to their kit as being so when justifying why a mega rich investor should buy them...

Pachuca-18-19-Home-Kit-1.jpg

This was Everton, over 100 years ago 1884-86; everton_1884-1885-g.gif

Shrewsbury, also over 100 years ago 1907 - 08 shrewsbury_town_1907-1908-k.gif

Rovers went into their "unique quarters" in 1935-36

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

Someone needs to teach them the meaning of unique too as they constantly refer to their kit as being so when justifying why a mega rich investor should buy them...

Pachuca-18-19-Home-Kit-1.jpg

Surely people on here are aware of the Spanish club Sabadell’s kit as well...don’t the sags play them in pre season friendlies?

Here it is....another ‘unique’ kit...

24440611-1B40-462F-A504-D191F39FF723.jpeg

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Bit rude. We Horfield residents are generally rather cultured I'll have you know. Whilst we do have to put up with a handful of ill-mannered scruffs dressed by George at Asda wandering our neighbourhood every couple of weeks or so, most of us simply stay indoors until the frightful oiks have returned to their caravans. Either that or we go and watch City away.

I do have one neighbour who goes to Rovers games occasionally, but he's an exiled Palace fan from South London who finds it, frankly, all a bit shite to be honest, but can't be arsed to travel further afield to watch a game. 

Is he into Boob cricket by any chance?

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RedM said:

That’s not actually the part of the quote that stand out to me. It’s the fact they think they are attractive to an investor because they have a interesting backstory with their nicknames and have a unique kit. Wtf, they are in a worse mess than I thought if that’s a strong selling point.

A derogatory nickname we gave them, an old argyle dirge about some prostitute and an outfit jesters & clowns wear at a circus.

Some great selling points there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Swede said:

A derogatory nickname we gave them, an old argyle dirge about some prostitute and an outfit jesters & clowns wear at a circus.

Some great selling points there.

Exactly, if you are some wizz marketing guru salesman and can conjure up a buyer from that, then you deserve your salary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 22A said:

This was Everton, over 100 years ago 1884-86; everton_1884-1885-g.gif

Shrewsbury, also over 100 years ago 1907 - 08 shrewsbury_town_1907-1908-k.gif

Rovers went into their "unique quarters" in 1935-36

Interesting that not only were we a league club well before them, we were actually wearing royal  blue in FA cup finals over 20 years before they adopted those colours......

They should have stuck with the Argie rugby shirts or the Notts County copycat outfit.

Also, if they are so "unique" and define the club, why did they ditch them for 11 years from 1962 ??

This thread was slipping down the page, so I thought I would bring this up.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-play-bizarrely-strong-2319854

I love the idea that the Walsall U23 was "aghast" when he read the teamsheets. Confused and unable to identify anybody maybe, but aghast? Still they managed to score 4 whole goals past the mighty Walsall U23's so roll on Saturday. :)