IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Ridiculous. 

Not having the best of seasons but he has been shafted by those above him. 

When MT signed his new contract it was "We don't have to sell our best players anymore". They lied to DC about the stadium, training ground and increased budgets so that he'd turn down Leeds and DC has probably been sacked because he revealed that the club actually want to cut back on spending and his critisicing of the board rather than the poor results. 

I'm sure it's funny for you lot and despite this season DC is a top manager who'll go on to better things. Every manager has a poor season in them. We'll linger and just be a crap League 2 club again. 

Will Wael come out and speak to the fans now? Doubt it.  

I've told you before, you need to change your username to Eighteen now!!

I don't think it's funny, I'm gutted. I was fully expecting him to stage another gAss version of Brexit - from the football league.

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

image.thumb.png.aa6ae5ed7e65b495ca8bdfb2e9ec5ace.png

They really are in our shadow, wanting our sloppy seconds

Hamer is apparently keen to get Cotterill in - he’s been his guest at recent games.

Cotts,GJ, SOD or Marcus Stewart!!!!!

Edited by myol'man

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gas Chat is going to be hilarious for the next few days.

Just watch the sags on gaschat suggest some totally unrealistic options - their famous over optimism about the state of their "club" will come to the fore guaranteed. I am half expecting comments along the lines of "we could get Copello for sure! - we are da sixth richest club in world - unlucky da shit!" etc etc,  

I am fully expecting them to suggest a whole host premier/championship managers way out of their league (literally).

The truth is they haven't got a pot to piss in, and I genuinely expect they will struggle to find a decent league manager* - anyone worth their salt will surely take a look at what has gone before, they will see Dopey's recent interviews about them being destitute and start to ask serious questions  

* just for clarity for any sags reading this the league is four divisions not five!  

God I hope Steve Cotteril doesn't go for this job.  I've always had a morbid fear that he may hold such a grudge against the club's hierarchy for making a pigs ear of his Summer transfer business, that he might be tempted to manage the Gas as some form of twisted revenge.  Hope I'm wrong and SC isn't a bitter man.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, WesM said:

I almost feel sorry for him. Even the reddest of reds has to admit he did a good job in getting them back up from the National League to where they are now. He’s clearly not had much support from the frauds that are the board there. He could and should of left a few summers ago when his stock was high, he stayed loyal and its now damaged him professionally.

He's still a classless synt.

He's only a poor little Gas head...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can see SC going there ....

I think he can bide his time and get a better job than that; it's a no-win club. Whatever you achieve is not good enough for their deluded fan base and with a deck stacked against him it's unlikely to go well in any case. I'm also not sure they could afford him after a hefty severance due to DC. 

Given how SC faced up to SL and the board after delivering a double-winning season, I can't imagine he would stomach the deceit it appears he might face there. If he went, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out a reign similar in length to Steve Coppell's here. 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can see SC going there ....

I can't. If he thought City didn't bother backing him after winning us a league trophy he'll think Lansdown was like Santa compared to WAQ.

14 minutes ago, WesM said:

I almost feel sorry for him. Even the reddest of reds has to admit he did a good job in getting them back up from the National League to where they are now. He’s clearly not had much support from the frauds that are the board there. He could and should of left a few summers ago when his stock was high, he stayed loyal and its now damaged him professionally.

Me too. He did a great job, let's be fair. Club very much on the down and got them up twice in two seasons, wasn't that far away from the play-offs last season too. Now I'm off for an acid bath to purge my positive Darrell thoughts.

Surely Cotts don't need the cash or grief to go there as it currently is. Holloway also slated them in the paper a few weeks ago as well so why he would want to go back is anyones guess (surely don't need the cash either)? Add in that they obviously won't be given any money and probably have to work with the squad that is there.

From what Clarke has been saying for months, it should be ringing alarm bells to everyone. My guess is an internal appointment or some extremely cheap option.

The owner and board are just full of complete bull and I reckon the next manager won't last 6 months.

Be prepared @JulieH….

RoverDrive

RoverDrive Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1825 posts
5 minutes ago via mobile brfcdom likes this
Post Options

Post by RoverDrive on 5 minutes ago

GET THE **** OUT OF MY FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!

There will literally be riots now...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Surely Cotts don't need the cash or grief to go there as it currently is. Holloway also slated them in the paper a few weeks ago as well so why he would want to go back is anyones guess (surely don't need the cash either)? Add in that they obviously won't be given any money and probably have to work with the squad that is there.

From what Clarke has been saying for months, it should be ringing alarm bells to everyone. My guess is an internal appointment or some extremely cheap option.

The owner and board are just full of complete bull and I reckon the next manager won't last 6 months.

Would imagine they could both do with the cash. Neither were top flight players when wages were anything like they are today.

I liked the part of the Rovers’ statement that said:

“Darrell will remain a friend of the club”. 

I’m sure he will remain a “friend” of the OTIB forum for all the entertainment and amusement he has provided over the years. His doom and gloom post-match interviews used to be the highlight of my Saturday afternoons. Now he’s gone I’ll have to watch re-runs of Last of the Summer Wine and Fawlty Towers to get my comedy fix  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Be prepared @JulieH….

RoverDrive

RoverDrive Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 1825 posts
5 minutes ago via mobile brfcdom likes this
Post Options

Post by RoverDrive on 5 minutes ago

GET THE **** OUT OF MY FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!

There will literally be riots now...

Leave those horses at the station @JulieH although the dogs might be ok now dopey has left 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1