IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Bristol Rovers fans are used to having our backs against the wall and no one expects overnight success or massive unsustainable investment but we do demand is to be kept informed and whenever possible involved in the direction of a club many of us have supported for 50, 60 even 70 years of our lives. Let's work together to ensure there is a competitive, modern and sustainable Bristol Rovers football club for our children and grandchildren.
Yours sincerely
Gasheads everywhere

ooh-er mrs !

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's almost as if he has passed away !

Well he’s obviously going to a better place!

Edited by East End Old Boy
I had hiccups!!!

25 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Where is this letter from Dopey, can't seem to find it...........................could do with a good laugh !

"Following sending some of your messages to DC i have this morning received this reply :-

Hi Marc,

Just want to say thanks personally for your support you have given me, Really appreciated your emails and you like many others are what makes Bristol Rovers fans in need of special care and a club I wanted to do so well for despite being a shite manager.

Last few days have been horrible and it’s going to take plenty of time to get over it but I wish you and the club nothing but success in the future. Woof woof!

Take care

Darrell &
?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, alexukhc said:

:laugh: nah mate build your bet match acca, Betfred mate

Hi Alex, seeing as you are in the bookie trade see if you can answer this query, a mate of mine had a bet in a Bet Fred shop on Saturday Morning, he put an £8 forecast intended on a dog race in the 11:59 (3 to beat 1) which came in, it transpired there was also an 11: 59 cartoon horse race, being as he didn’t write trap 3&1 or didn’t put the name of the meeting how would this be resolved? Just for your interest William Hill policy is that they pay out on the main meeting

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, harrys said:

Hi Alex, seeing as you are in the bookie trade see if you can answer this query, a mate of mine had a bet in a Bet Fred shop on Saturday Morning, he put an £8 forecast intended on a dog race in the 11:59 (3 to beat 1) which came in, it transpired there was also an 11: 59 cartoon horse race, being as he didn’t write trap 3&1 or didn’t put the name of the meeting how would this be resolved? Just for your interest William Hill policy is that they pay out on the main meeting

You don’t put the name or meeting then it’s not our fault, a lot of races go off at the same time, so we aren’t mind readers, the operator should’ve looked at the bet before accepting it so equally as wrong, so both customer n member of staff were wrong 

gotta feel for those poor dogs now Dopey is free though 

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Reminds me of the Bay City Rollers when all the Kids were crying over them bye bye baby bye bye you lot men or boys ? that lot down at BS3 must be pissing themselves.??

What? Laugh at the R*vers!

Never. ?

Or perhaps a more sinister interpretation.

You realise that 'The Rollers' manager (and later drummer) were implicated in the, how shall we put this,  tree of the Yew investigations?

Small world but my wife once owned a property previously occupied by Uncle Tam. I can assure you if bottom line is to keep things up at all costs those bedrooms would indicate Rovers are safe from relegation anytime soon .....

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

You don’t put the name or meeting then it’s not our fault, a lot of races go off at the same time, so we aren’t mind readers, the operator should’ve looked at the bet before accepting it so equally as wrong, so both customer n member of staff were wrong 

Surly common sense should prevail and payout, as who bets “3 to beat 1” in any horse race, let alone a cartoon race? 

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Cartoon racing is bigger than you think, bigger than football bets these days, not my rules, no one ever wins

Is it? Bloody hell! I haven’t been in a betting shop for years, only bet on course or online/apps. Couldn’t bet on cartoon events, it would like betting on the Rovers!

When the fun stops, stop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Loving the fact that on every page of gaschat is an ad saying “Red shirts wanted”. I mean, what were they thinking?

Unfortunately if you’re a geek being a redshirt isn’t something you’d want to be.

Likely to be shot/eaten/abducted/disintegrated while the captain looks on impassively.

1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Posted this a few years back and here it is again seeing as it's Christmas???

16131tca1114_p15.jpg

The nearest man holds the gate takings and keeps them well away from the others. nuff sed. None of the three seem too happy about where they're going either.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Appreciate what you’re saying Alex, I know there would be plenty of players who would try it on and say they meant the ‘cartoon race’ if it came in, anyway they split the stake so he had four quids worth, the thing is is if the cartoon race did come in he would of been none the wiser and threw the ticket away, either way he’s learnt a lesson, in regards to the cashier knowing what race it should of been is laughable as the ones I come across are usually to busy watching Jeremy Kyle or painting their nails

• Haha 1