Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, myol'man said:

All hail King Darrell   :gasmask:

let's hope the next clown provides as much entertainment

dc.JPG

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

I just realised I know someone in that picture

Which is it: Kathy Beale, Nick Hancock, Jimmy Somerville, Simon Day (the Fast Show), Darrel, Gary Johnson or Raoul Moat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Actually he's not the only manager to get them relegated out of the football league. They finished bottom of the third division south in 1939 which meant they were effectively out of the league and had to be re-elected. Gasheads should be reminded that they have now joined the league three times!

So it is true that Hitler saved them from the drop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Actually he's not the only manager to get them relegated out of the football league. They finished bottom of the third division south in 1939 which meant they were effectively out of the league and had to be re-elected. Gasheads should be reminded that they have now joined the league three times!

The year hitler kept them up 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm not sufficiently qulified to judge his coaching abilities but his honesty and the way the defeats hurt him even more than the fans would have endeared him to the fan base.

Sean O'Driscoll's "stupid question" dismissiveness or LJ's buzzword babble ("clutch and flow", "DNA") makes them seem out of touch with the average fan.

I think DC would have been very popular here for the same reasons he was at Rovers. 

To be clear I am neither saying that he is a good manager or that I want him here; just that he would have been popular with the fans.

You greatly underestimate your fellow reds I'm afraid .

:disapointed2se:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A turning point in his popularity was 'how did they get on, happy days'; 'print that' etc... ironic then that they are calling out SC for being disrespectful

That is them in a nutshell though.

Clarke does that and it is "legendary" and "what a top bloke"

Wael tweets about us paying for Taylor and it was "brilliant p1ss taking"

Wolves manger in the stands celebrating was "superb and funny"

Windass love in and classing him as one of them is also "legendary and great"

Jon Lansdown tweets the "asking for a friend" and it is "ridiculous and disrespectful"

Plymouth boss takes the pee out of them and they want the FA on him and a ban

We want to present a bottle to Sir Colin Daniel and that is "disgraceful"

It is like it is one rule for them and one for anyone else. Always someone to blame except themselves, they all need to have a good look in the mirror and get a grip on reality.

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

So it is true that Hitler saved them from the drop

Yes. I’ve wound them up about it before . You lot wouldn’t even be here if hitler hadn’t invaded Poland . They get a bit touchy about that because believe it or not. They like to spout about 1982 but when you tell them about 1939 they know nothing about it . ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Based on Dopey's shocked expression, I reckon the lecher lifting him up must have stuck his hand up Dopey's arse.

Either that, or the old lecher is having a sly fondle and caused Dopey to ejaculate.

All jokes aside I actually know the true story behind this photo, as I'm a journo and took the photo myself (why else would I be at that dump).

Literally seconds before this was taken Hamer emerged from out of the tunnel shouting "Who wants this?!"

dc.JPG

I turned around and he was holding a little springer spaniel.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Let's not kid ourselves. He did very well at that club.

Yes he's on the brink of relegation with them again but they've had naff all investment which ultimately is why he's not there any longer.

Aw c'mon be fair now.  Wael has pumped £13 into the coffers, which is over half his entire fortune.

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes. I’ve wound them up about it before . You lot wouldn’t even be here if hitler hadn’t invaded Poland . They get a bit touchy about that because believe it or not. They like to spout about 1982 but when you tell them about 1939 they know nothing about it . ?

That would be the basis of a good pub quiz question - What links Hitler, Poland and a football club with the biggest away supporter in the world?

• Haha 2

The state of the fewers :facepalm:

I bet he said to his missus look I'm going to write a statement and make all those supporters cry  :D

Fair few posts where they openly admit to having tears? Jesus wept he isn’t even that good, even admitted by a couple of their own players, yet to the fans he’s the best manager they’ve ever had! Shows what a shite history they have when the 2 promotions he has got is from NON LEAGUE and League 2! This statement he’s released today apparently shows his ‘class’ he has no idea what the meaning of the word is, he’s a spoilt child who’s constantly whinging, he’ll never manage above L1.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Why billionaire Wael al-Qadi bought himself a football club two years ago...

https://www.itv.com/news/west/2016-02-19/jordanian-billionaire-why-i-bought-bristol-rovers/

Classic!

Wally.jpg.7c0b30221fade606f1b2b230c52eddcd.jpg

Bristol Rovers are a PLRC (Premier League Rich Club)!

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Haha 12