IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

To save anyone else of having to go to the link and feeling dirty.....

Following the departure of Darrell Clarke, the Board and the owners are conscious that there has been considerable speculation regarding our future plans for the Club.

In order to provide clarity to supporters, the Board and the owners would like to confirm that our aspirations and intentions for a positive future for the Club remain unchanged. Hard work continues behind the scenes. Whilst it is not possible to share all details due to confidentiality arrangements, we wish to put on record our extreme disappointment that another development site that the Club have been pursuing is no longer under consideration. Many months of effort, and not inconsiderable cost, have been put into this possibility of a new stadium and training ground development but we have now been left with no option but to explore and identify alternative solutions.

The Board and the owners want the very best for Bristol Rovers FC. Supporters will of course be informed as soon there are important developments to share. In the meantime, we send our very best wishes to you for a happy and peaceful holiday season.

So it has obviously gone through the "politician" filter, lots of words but no real substance.
One question though, mentions training ground. They have land , didn't they having planning/building permission ? What happened to that then?

probably reposessed

are they poor negotiators?  They bought a very good football club so know what they are doing in my book

Comment from gaschat.

Apparently a football club with no training facilities of their own and a ground that the club has themselves said is not fit for purpose, with no funds to improve it or the team, with crowds of around 1/3 of the other team in the same city is a 'very good' football club.

Dream on saggys!

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just as I thought they`ve fallen for this load of rubbish hook, line and sinker. Pretty much all of them actually believe there was a plan which has fallen through and the statement`s not just made up bollocks to attempt to placate them and buy time.

They truly are the most gullible fans in the world. I`m going to pop down there and see if any of them want to buy the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Which would give them a link to South Bristol ?

To be fair (well it is xmas) I went on Gaschat expecting to see their "ITKs" pretending that that they knew all about these plans but were sworn to secrecy, but actually I haven't seen anything along those lines. There seems to be a reasonable mix of those who think this is a genuine statement of intent, and those who like us, believe this is  complete bullshit.

Edited by Port Said Red

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

"Supporters will of course be informed as soon (as) there are important developments to share."

Has to be ' Official' as the grammar is horrendous.

And what an absolute load of bull carp it is too. Happy xmas saggies, suck it up.

Edited by freezer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

To save anyone else of having to go to the link and feeling dirty.....

Following the departure of Darrell Clarke, the Board and the owners are conscious that there has been considerable speculation regarding our future plans for the Club.

In order to provide clarity to supporters, the Board and the owners would like to confirm that our aspirations and intentions for a positive future for the Club remain unchanged. Hard work continues behind the scenes. Whilst it is not possible to share all details due to confidentiality arrangements, we wish to put on record our extreme disappointment that another development site that the Club have been pursuing is no longer under consideration. Many months of effort, and not inconsiderable cost, have been put into this possibility of a new stadium and training ground development but we have now been left with no option but to explore and identify alternative solutions.

The Board and the owners want the very best for Bristol Rovers FC. Supporters will of course be informed as soon there are important developments to share. In the meantime, we send our very best wishes to you for a happy and peaceful holiday season.

So it has obviously gone through the "politician" filter, lots of words but no real substance.
One question though, mentions training ground. They have land , didn't they having planning/building permission ? What happened to that then?

The sad little sagheads will lap that up. All words, no content, typical management statement, tells you nothing but has you believing something is happening regardless. The Club, The Board.....The Tents, The Sprinklers, The Imminent Relegation....The Gift, The Gap.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair (well it is xmas) I went on Gaschat expecting to see their "ITKs" pretending that that they knew all about these plans but were sworn to secrecy, but actually I haven't seen anything along those lines. There seems to be a reasonable mix of those who think this is a genuine statement of intent, and those who like us, believe this is  complete bullshit.

Absolutely no chance this is anything other than smoke and mirrors, too many people are in the know for this not to have come out sooner.

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The sad little sagheads will lap that up. All words, no content, typical management statement, tells you nothing but has you believing something is happening regardless. The Club, The Board.....The Tents, The Sprinklers, The Imminent Relegation....The Gift, The Gap.

Wael......it is the right time of year for made up stories and FANTAsy

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Cracking day out down the lions. I despise Bristol Rovers football club. But I don’t despise some of their fans. Excuse me I’m cidered up. 

There are two types of Gasheads in my experience. One group who are totally thick, gullible, the likeable village idiot. The sort you must have been drinking with today.

The other group are up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, smarmy assholes to make up for their inferiority complex.

24 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There are two types of Gasheads in my experience. One group who are totally thick, gullible, the likeable village idiot. The sort you must have been drinking with today.

The other group are up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, smarmy assholes to make up for their inferiority complex.

There is another group of Gasheads. They are the dustmen, ice cream sellers, warehouse cleaners and labourers, who are thick, gullible, village idiot types, who, are mouthy, up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, verbally violent, smarmy assholes who think they're superior but, are too thick to realise they're inferior.

Best thing about this statement (new bullshit) is how most of them are actually falling for it again :facepalm: slating him one week for getting rid of Clarke the next week he’s suddenly great again as he’s clearly still looking to find the land to build them a stadium but strangely cannot mention where the latest one was actually to that has fallen through ??? 

Keep lapping it up Saggies your an embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Best thing about this statement (new bullshit) is how most of them are actually falling for it again :facepalm: slating him one week for getting rid of Clarke the next week he’s suddenly great again as he’s clearly still looking to find the land to build them a stadium but strangely cannot mention where the latest one was actually to that has fallen through ??? 

Keep lapping it up Saggies your an embarrassment.

Makes a change mind, all previous administrations laid the blame solely at the feet of Bristol City Council. Even though they never put a single planning application for a new stadium to BCC. Bristol Council even got the blame for their failed bid in Mangotsfield under South Glos and, their failed bid at Severnside when their consultants failed to ask the question about whether a stadium could be built in what was an industrial area. Now they're just saying we've failed with one attempt but can't say where it was, why the hell not?

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Makes a change mind, all previous administrations laid the blame solely at the feet of Bristol City Council. Even though they never put a single planning application for a new stadium to BCC. Bristol Council even got the blame for their failed bid in Mangotsfield under South Glos and, their failed bid at Severnside when their consultants failed to ask the question about whether a stadium could be built in what was an industrial area. Now they're just saying we've failed with one attempt but can't say where it was, why the hell not?

That’s because it’s pure bullshit, there never has been a new site, Wally is obviously learning very quickly on how to ‘string along a Gashead’. Feed them some false info that makes them think things are going on behind the scenes and they’ll be off my back for a few months, and repeat.

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

That’s because it’s pure bullshit, there never has been a new site, Wally is obviously learning very quickly on how to ‘string along a Gashead’. Feed them some false info that makes them think things are going on behind the scenes and they’ll be off my back for a few months, and repeat.

It's been bullshit from day one. Everything stated by Wael has been a thinly disguised part statement with not a single hard fact in any of them. It's always a question of, we're working hard, these things take time, can't divulge anything because of breach of confidence, we're working on the plans, we want the best, we're in discussions. All utter bull shit, and long may it continue to hoodwink those dimwits.

• Like 1