IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It’s typical of Rovers fans. Last week, after a few good results, the fans said the new manager was the new messiah (and they should know they’ve followed a few). Now the callers to Radio Bristol say he’s a tactical idiot. 

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy

Edited by Selred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

???? they’re ******* idiots . I was winding one of them up on twitter. Judging by his picture he must have been in his forties . When asking him a question he didn’t like he kept coming back with the usual . Oh you only been about since 82 blah blah blah . I told him we’ve achieved more since then than they had since 1883 . He said , yeah funded by a billionaire ?? and I’d rather have terraces and a crap ground than a generic soulless bowl and loyal players that care about the club. 

In essence the bloke was a typical sag . *******  deluded . 

They seem to forget how they were all coming in there pants when they thought they had a billionaire from Jordan taking over and what they were going to do ..... 

i get great pleasure in asking when is he going to start spending some money....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

They seem to forget how they were all coming in there pants when they thought they had a billionaire from Jordan taking over and what they were going to do ..... 

i get great pleasure in asking when is he going to start spending some money....

He went quiet when I threw that at him . He then came back with 82 blah blah blah 

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

???? they’re ******* idiots . I was winding one of them up on twitter. Judging by his picture he must have been in his forties . When asking him a question he didn’t like he kept coming back with the usual . Oh you only been about since 82 blah blah blah . I told him we’ve achieved more since then than they had since 1883 . He said , yeah funded by a billionaire ?? and I’d rather have terraces and a crap ground than a generic soulless bowl and loyal players that care about the club. 

He’d rather have terraces in a Rugby ground they stole in the 90s than a 27,000 Premiership ready stadium that’s been our home for over a century?

He’s obviously a moron.

As for “loyal players that care about the club” ?

Even leaving the Matty Taylor situation to one side (hilarious as it was) any half decent players they’ve had in the last couple of years have pissed off at the first opportunity. Another opted to play in Non League instead of the Gas. I’m sure that Payne bloke they’ve got up front has given them abuse a couple of times this season.

Why do they insist on giving us this ammunition all the time? ?

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He went quiet when I threw that at him . He then came back with 82 blah blah blah 

Yawn

82 happened, we are still here.

Same name, same home, same colours and 118 consecutive seasons of League football.

Wonder how long their silent, bored foreign owners will hang around for?

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He’d rather have terraces in a Rugby ground they stole in the 90s than a 27,000 Premiership ready stadium that’s been our home for over a century?

He’s obviously a moron.

Even leaving the Matty Taylor situation to one side (hilarious as it was) any half decent players they’ve had in the last couple of years have pissed off at the first opportunity. Another opted to play in Non League instead of the Gas. I’m sure that Payne bloke they’ve got up front has given them abuse a couple of times this season.

I was losing the will to live tbh at the end . He summed them up in a nutshell . He started all this by saying we have no identity . I asked him what is a club’s identity , stating we have played at the same ground for over a century and always played in red . Our badge apart from a few years in the 70’s/80’s has always been the cost of arms. His reply ! 

Apart from the ground , badge and playing in red what have you got as a identity ???

i then went to town on him tbh. 

Well nothing compared to your lot really. We haven’t stolen a song or a ground . Haven’t stolen from our own players or from the the supporters club or racially abused players consistently or have a history of punching horses . 

His reply . 82 , soulless generic bowl blah blah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He’s obviously a moron.

Funded by a billionaire is the funniest, when you consider how they reacted when they thought they had their own.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Funded by a billionaire is the funniest, when you consider how they reacted when they thought they had their own.

I did mention that but he conveniently forgot to mention it again . Honestly he was the most stereotypical gas head you could ever come across . After saying that he’d rather have terracing and play in the lower leagues keeping their identity etc. I said . So you don’t want to be in a modern ground challenging the best then because that’s what being a football fan is all about . Dreaming of going to anfield etc in the league . What’s the point otherwise ? No reply to that question. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Saying they were going to wave fivers at Morecombe fans, 6th richest club in the country, using Ashton Gate as a training ground ?

Yeah, I remember...

image.jpg.4bdbff6c5964dff41b96f97007507a8e.jpgimage.jpg.b2b633a08f490a0f9c918e8eb4b9744a.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.52b16d47814aad116be01be352633e64.jpg

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

They’re obsessed - I’d be more worried about relegation if I were a sag. 

He almost got what he wished for - he’s got a club of loyal w*****s.

It`s obvious what this tweeter is doing here. The deluded ones are going to start making out that Wally is indeed a gurt dirty Ted and when he sends them into oblivion they will be able to say it was us what done it.

It`s what they always do whenever their own incompetence results in the latest disaster to befall them.

#alwaysthevictims

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Saying they were going to wave fivers at Morecombe fans, 6th richest club in the country, using Ashton Gate as a training ground ?

Yeah, I remember...

image.jpg.4bdbff6c5964dff41b96f97007507a8e.jpgimage.jpg.b2b633a08f490a0f9c918e8eb4b9744a.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.52b16d47814aad116be01be352633e64.jpg

This chasing down of which they speak??

Bit like Ironside chasing down Lewis Hamilton. 

• Haha 7

Darrell Clarke - 01 January 2017
After Rovers’ 2-0 home victory against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, Clarke was resolute on the idea that his best player will not be leaving the club over the next four weeks: “Matty is not going anywhere. We’d have to be talking a silly money offer of something like £10 million. Even then I don’t think I’d consider it.”

Graham Coughlan - 19 January 2019
"If a club wanted to take Liam Sercombe, I wouldn't allow it. If someone wants to offer silly money... I personally wouldn't allow Liam Sercombe to go anywhere. "You could see that we missed him - he's a big player at this football club and if we're to stand any chance we need that type of player."

...that's him gone then!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Darrell Clarke - 01 January 2017
After Rovers’ 2-0 home victory against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, Clarke was resolute on the idea that his best player will not be leaving the club over the next four weeks: “Matty is not going anywhere. We’d have to be talking a silly money offer of something like £10 million. Even then I don’t think I’d consider it.”

Graham Coughlan - 19 January 2019
"If a club wanted to take Liam Sercombe, I wouldn't allow it. If someone wants to offer silly money... I personally wouldn't allow Liam Sercombe to go anywhere. "You could see that we missed him - he's a big player at this football club and if we're to stand any chance we need that type of player."

...that's him gone then!

What’s 50k to SL anyway :ph34r::bonkers:

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Loyal players that care about the club....translated as players who can’t get a job elsewhere at the moment but will **** off at the drop of a Portsmouth enquiry!!!

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

....I thought they had a billionaire owner too?! This generic ‘bowl’ nonsense is also a bit crap...although I don’t expect the average sag to understand that for it to be a bowl, all four corners have to be filled in...doesn’t seem to be the case with dear old Ashton Gate - the ground they tried to steal in 1982, yet they now profess to hate it - and they didn’t even join the football league until 1920 (19 years after us) and fell out of it less than a century later...they are quite tragic - but...the Watney Cup....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah, I remember...

delusional
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....I thought they had a billionaire owner too?! This generic ‘bowl’ nonsense is also a bit crap...although I don’t expect the average sag to understand that for it to be a bowl, all four corners have to be filled in...doesn’t seem to be the case with dear old Ashton Gate - the ground they tried to steal in 1982, yet they now profess to hate it - and they didn’t even join the football league until 1920 (19 years after us) and fell out of it less than a century later...they are quite tragic - but...the Watney Cup....

Told him all that, completely blanked it. Not like them to bury their heads in the sand is it . 

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s obvious what this tweeter is doing here. The deluded ones are going to start making out that Wally is indeed a gurt dirty Ted and when he sends them into oblivion they will be able to say it was us what done it.

It`s what they always do whenever their own incompetence results in the latest disaster to befall them.

#alwaysthevictims

I just love the fact that since their billionaire Chelsea-supporting owner took over, we’ve had four tremendous players on loan from Stamford Bridge!

And I also guffawed when Tammy joined us, one of their lot was bleating online that he ‘couldn’t believe Tammy Abraham chose us over them, especially as Wael must have lots of contacts at Chelsea..’ 

That was comedy gold in itself but seeing Dasilva, Kalas and Palmer follow in Tammy’s footsteps is making them spit feathers...but they won’t admit it mind...But, the Watney Cup....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Told him all that, completely blanked it. Not like them to bury their heads in the sand is it . 

They ignore facts and make up their own convenient ‘truths’ - it makes them feel better about themselves...then they go and lose at home in their cup final to the mighty Wycombe Wanderers....and we laughed again....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talking of generic bowls..

250px-Uwe_stadium_proposal.jpg

• Haha 1