IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It will come too late to rescue them in this transfer window though. :)

Don't be so sure.

The £50,000 received from tonight's game goes a long way in the January transfer window !!

And according to their chief exec on Points West tonight they plan to go out of all competitions in the early stages - now that's ambition  for you  ?

Edited by zippycar

1 hour ago, zippycar said:

Don't be so sure.

The £50,000 received from tonight's game goes a long way in the January transfer window !!

And according to their chief exec on Points West tonight they plan to go out of all competitions in the early stages - now that's ambition  for you  ?

If that’s their ambition, then they must feel like they’ve won the FA cup more than Liverpool..! 

6 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Controversial I know, but I think now that there are no more under-23 teams left in it we should look at this more pragmatically. We need the money. If we got to the final would we give up that sort of potential payday? Could be v useful in extending contracts for good players and bringing in new ones in the summer

Hope we get Bury and win the final. I will be there. ******* massive piss up in the ole smoke. Bring it on! Boycotting won’t effect what will or won’t be. Smaller teams in football get limited special memories. As in life, gotta enjoy them when you can.

"Could be v useful in extending the good players contracts" one of them said, now 2 points, one- have they got any "good players" ? and two - if they were any good why the hell would they want to extend their contract at that place.

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Why they go to such lengths to make up so much bullshit is beyond me :facepalm:

Gaschat....

One of my everlasting football memories was signing up for the T.A. in Putney and upon leaving grabbed a pint in a pub near Putney Station. It was full of Rovers fans who were playing Fulham in a cup. The volume of fans was impressive even for a Chelsea fan. The Rovers fans were so friendly and vocal. I didn’t even know where Bristol was. I knew Bristol made good music. I checked the news later and Rovers won. Was happy for those fans. Years later I ended up living in Bristol and became a season ticket holder and now love the Gas more than my childhood team. It’s important if Rovers make the final fans travel in numbers and make Rovers fans of the future coz you never know the impression you can make. Altenatively, travelled to watch my mates team Brighton play Bristol City in 1987 and remember the sh** fans being absolute lady gardens. FTG 

Didn’t know Wally used to be in the TA!

On 20/01/2019 at 10:49, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yawn

82 happened, we are still here.

Same name, same home, same colours and 118 consecutive seasons of League football.

Wonder how long their silent, bored foreign owners will hang around for?

Bristol City (1982) Ltd as a company was wound up in 1996, so it’s not even relevant anymore, unlike 2015, the year that the Sags joined the Football League.

On 20/01/2019 at 10:50, steviestevieneville said:

I was losing the will to live tbh at the end . He summed them up in a nutshell . He started all this by saying we have no identity . I asked him what is a club’s identity , stating we have played at the same ground for over a century and always played in red . Our badge apart from a few years in the 70’s/80’s has always been the cost of arms. His reply ! 

Apart from the ground , badge and playing in red what have you got as a identity ???

i then went to town on him tbh. 

Well nothing compared to your lot really. We haven’t stolen a song or a ground . Haven’t stolen from our own players or from the the supporters club or racially abused players consistently or have a history of punching horses . 

His reply . 82 , soulless generic bowl blah blah 

As someone said a few years ago, talking about 1982 is like kicking a dog that is already dead. It’s utterly pathetic and has no effect on any City fan I know. However, mention “Tinpot” and Rovers in the same sentence to any Sag and you’d better stand well back!

On 21/01/2019 at 22:38, slartibartfast said:

Kenny Stephens 

A bloke who used to delight in letting me know when City were losing, along with his mate who used to get really excited about City losing and would do an excited squeally laugh as if he was literally ejaculating into his trousers at the very thought that City were losing. This is the Sags all over.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Gaschat....

One of my everlasting football memories was signing up for the T.A. in Putney and upon leaving grabbed a pint in a pub near Putney Station. It was full of Rovers fans who were playing Fulham in a cup. The volume of fans was impressive even for a Chelsea fan. The Rovers fans were so friendly and vocal. I didn’t even know where Bristol was. I knew Bristol made good music. I checked the news later and Rovers won. Was happy for those fans. Years later I ended up living in Bristol and became a season ticket holder and now love the Gas more than my childhood team. It’s important if Rovers make the final fans travel in numbers and make Rovers fans of the future coz you never know the impression you can make. Altenatively, travelled to watch my mates team Brighton play Bristol City in 1987 and remember the sh** fans being absolute lady gardens. FTG 

This guy certainly ticks all the boxes in the "Am I a manual manipulator?" questionaire 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

"Could be v useful in extending the good players contracts" one of them said, now 2 points, one- have they got any "good players" ? and two - if they were any good why the hell would they want to extend their contract at that place.

They will be busting a gut to get to the final and be seen on tv and hope another club will rescue them. #PlayerAid

I watched FYRE on Netflix’s last night, and it very much reminded me of Rovers in that many gullible people got sold the dream by a so say rich person, only to find out he was skint and full of sh*t and could only deliver a nightmare of epic proportions!  Rovers fans be warned!  Worth a watch if you’ve not seen it!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Gaschat....

Aww, isn’t that a cute story...

Funny isn’t it how more BRISTOLIANS choose to support City and always have done? even before SLs ‘Billions’ and a redeveloped AG.

Its almost as if the Gas aren’t anywhere near as special as they think they are....

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Sunderland v Pompy would be a great turnout. Rovers fans are now interested because they need the 100k -150k for being in the final.

Sunderland and Pompey are on an upward trajectory. Their fans may feel that they won’t be competing in the EFL Trophy for a very long time after this season (unless their own under 21s end up in it).

Rovers on the other hand will probably participate in this competition that has been ruined by the FA for many years to come. I would actually have a great deal of respect for their fans IF they boycotted the final, especially as trips to Wembley are not a yearly occurrence.

To do so however would take principles and a backbone. So with that in mind and knowing Gasheads as we do, I expect they’ll not only take 35-40k but will also boast about it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sunderland and Pompey are on an upward trajectory. Their fans may feel that they won’t be competing in the EFL Trophy for a very long time after this season (unless their own under 21s end up in it).

Rovers on the other hand will probably participate in this competition that has been ruined by the FA for many years to come. I would actually have a great deal of respect for their fans IF they boycotted the final, especially as trips to Wembley are not a yearly occurrence.

To do so however would take principles and a backbone. So with that in mind and knowing Gasheads as we do, I expect they’ll not only take 35-40k but will also boast about it. 

Let's wait for the "Gas are on their way to Wembly" scarves.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Imagine my shock, after having a gander around social media, lots of them are suddenly interested in the EFL Trophy as the possibility of getting to Wembley gets closer.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but we’re they or weren’t they saying at the start of this competition that how the EFL have ruined it by allowing u21 teams to enter etc (and rightly so) and how they are boycotting by refusing to attend any games in this now worthless competition, and suprisingly now Wembley is within their sights, out of the woodwork they crawl and all of a sudden they become interested and talking of how much they’ll earn from the final :facepalm:

Now surely if you were a fan and wanted to show what a farce the EFL have made of this trophy, that you are dead against it, and wanting change then the Final at Wembley, the only game from this competition on TV, would be the best game to boycott, would be a right embarrassment for the EFL at an empty stadium? 

We all know what the fewers are like, they’ll be out in their droves, saying how much better they are than the shit.

Boycott???

If only they’d boycott Wembley like they do for their home fixtures.

If it was me I’d have the solution.

Go to Wembley enjoy the match but take a banner protesting .

Job’s a good’un.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Aww, isn’t that a cute story...

Funny isn’t it how more BRISTOLIANS choose to support City and always have done? even before SLs ‘Billions’ and a redeveloped AG.

Its almost as if the Gas aren’t anywhere near as special as they think they are....

Oh they’re special alright.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Gaschat....

What a lot of bollox!!

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They had an open top bus tour remember for finishing 2nd in the Conference. Barnet (who went up as Champions) didn’t bother having one.

The reality is that they will probably take 26,000 of which (according to #Gaslogic) will mainly be made up of Ted’s hoping to see the Sags get beat. There will also be 20k locked out who stopped off at Wycombe on the way to smash up some of their manors, like the Harvester and Little Chef.

Then they will go on and on about how they took over 40,000 (even though this will be factually incorrect of course), how loyal and true they all are and whilst pulling each other off they’ll be singing songs about the Teds, asking where all the Teds have gone, go on about how they’ll be coming for us again, how much better atmosphere they created than the Teds (but not wish to discuss the pre-match standard violent outbursts by their Neanderthal Tote Enders obviously).

My retort would simply be....”Well, as cup competitions go, if you win a trophy 3 times then you used to get to keep it, so technically you’ve just won the Sheed’ead Trophy. Now go and stick it next to the defunct Watney Cup and enjoy League 2”

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I watched FYRE on Netflix’s last night, and it very much reminded me of Rovers in that many gullible people got sold the dream by a so say rich person, only to find out he was skint and full of sh*t and could only deliver a nightmare of epic proportions!  Rovers fans be warned!  Worth a watch if you’ve not seen it!

Were Rovers involved in the catering for the event? It has the look and feel of something that they would come up with - boasting quality but serving up shite ...

1841.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, miser said:

Time for some half and halfs. Going to Wembly and Going Down.

Perhaps we could put up some banners at the bottom of Kingswood High Street for when they get back if they have lost filled with derogatory comments? Returning their compliments of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Let's wait for the "Gas are on their way to Wembly" scarves.

Since we are not involved in the FL trophy anymore (hooray!) I must admit I have not followed the competition too closely in recent years.
Of course I know they now have prem youth/reserve teams in it - which is an utter farce! and fair play to all the fans (incl gas) that stay away in protest.

From comments here though it seems like Pompey are still in the competition as are the Gas (and Sunderland? plus one other team right?).

So is the competition still regional? - Is it the case it will be a Pompey vs Gas regional final over two legs (home and away)?

If so I cannot help thinking any thoughts the fewers have over even getting to "Wembly" at this stage are premature at best. I am sure they will all be saying that Oxford beat Pompey at the weekend, but nothing in their respective league form suggests that they will definitely come out on top against Pompey over a two-legged regional final. The comments posted on here from gaschat seem to suggest that a few of the gas fans think they are guaranteed a spot at the final

Edited by cityal

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Attendance: 2,016 (199 away).

Well done to the blue few for keeping up the boycott  :clap:

Quite agree. The boycott is important. Whilst the JPT or whatever it is called these days was always a bit shit, it was a genuine chance for clubs in the bottom two divisions to get to a cup final.

These days it seems to be more about trying to develop youth players from across the globe by giving them exposure to first team football.

That said, one of the Fewers I work with is excited about the draw for the next round and hopes they get to the final as he'll go to that.

His justification is, "we are going down this season, so a day out at a final would at least be something to look forward to'.

And I can kind of understand that.

• Like 1