IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m assuming the regional south/north games until the final have been done away with then? Haven’t had much interest in this competition since we last won it...has it changed then?

Yeah. Semis aren’t regionalised andvtheyve done away with the 2 legged regional final. So they’ve got the one off semi final, with winners going to Wembley. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just to play devil’s advocate for a moment...the ‘Chelsea fan’ didn’t say the sags were playing at Fulham in the FA cup - the fan said in ‘a cup’ - so they could have been referring to when Roverzzzz won at Fulham in ‘a cup’ in 1996....and why couldn’t the fan be in their late 60s now?! Plenty of old ‘uns use immature language - and there’s nothing in the post to say the Chelsea fan is male - you’ve assumed that as well.

Having said all that, the post was on a gas forum, so it’s undoubtedly bullcrap.....

Anything’s possible given the imagination of your average gashead, but did you or anyone else ever refer to the Auto Windsceen Shield as “a cup”?  Plus the timeline doesn’t fit and he/she talked about the “volume of fans”.  Surely not even the most deluded Sag is going to claim they travelled in numbers to a AWS match?

Yes I did assume he was he.  The syntax is very masculine “grabbed a pint”, “my mates team”,  but its entirely possible he is a she, or even he is a he transitioning to be a she.  Who knows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Didn’t Ellington score a hat trick at Derby ?

I think he did. Their game at Derby was a few days before playing us in the JPT (or whatever it was called at the time?). We won 2-0.

Obviously it goes without saying that had the Derby FA Cup match been at the Mem instead of Pride Park the Gas would’ve found some way to get it called off with a game against us coming up.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah. Semis aren’t regionalised andvtheyve done away with the 2 legged regional final. So they’ve got the one off semi final, with winners going to Wembley. 

I believe the draw for the Semis is on Friday.

I shouldn't be arsed but I can't bear their bullshit if they do get a trip to Wembley and the over inflated expected attendance.

29 minutes ago, Swede said:

Expect the sags to get Bury at the bog with Bury playing with the obligatory 10 men as they seem to need a helping hand nowadays to win a match.

Cue Micky Naynard.

If that happened I think he could reinstate himself with some of our supporters and maybe get his old name back..... :) 

20 hours ago, Malago said:

Indeed Nogbad.  The only time the sags have won in the cup at Fulham was in Nov 1970, 2-1, which means our bullshitting sag must be late 60s at least.  Do men in their late 60s use the infantile expression lady garden?

Incidentally we did play Brighton in 1987.  We won 5-2 at Ashton Gate, 28 Dec..

I know it's too much to ask of their pea sized brains, but if they're going to make up ridiculous stories they could at least get the timelines and historical facts correct.

I’ve got a video clip of the Fulham v Rovers game which is about 2 seconds long. Commentator Brian Moore says “Fulham against Bristol Rovers, thousands were locked out”.

I’ve also got Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday saying “And it is all over for Bristol Rovers, Mind the Gap” when Rovers were relegated out of the football league.

Edited by Cheesleysmate

If they get beat in the semi we will all hear "glad we didn't win anyway and I wouldn't have went". 

If they get through and take 25k we will hear "imagine what we would have taken if three quarters still didn't boycott it", and "proves we are a lot bigger than da sh1t as they wouldn't have the same following as the mighty gas"

***Next home game straight after will be around 7k though...

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course it does. 

Sunderland V Pompey final would see Wembley almost full. 

I don’t think that would be the case with Rovers V Bury..! 

As much as it pains me to say this, as long as Bury are not there, Wembley will be full

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DeLoitte have announced their list of the World's wealthiest football clubs today. 1 - Real Madrid, 2 - Barcelona, 3 - Man U. There are six English Prem clubs in the top 20, but for some reason they have omitted Rovers.

How can this be; they've assured us they are the sixth wealthiest club in Britain.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

DeLoitte have announced their list of the World's wealthiest football clubs today. 1 - Real Madrid, 2 - Barcelona, 3 - Man U. There are six English Prem clubs in the top 20, but for some reason they have omitted Rovers.

How can this be; they've assured us they are the sixth wealthiest club in Britain.

Must be a mistake. 

That can be the only explanation.

12 minutes ago, 22A said:

Value has crashed coz of Brexit innit