IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Bury v Portsmouth

Rovers v Sunderland

As many would have predicted. The competition doesn’t want a Rovers v Bury final. They will be gutted that Rovers are the home team. They fancied a second cup final outing in Sunderland this year, and remember it’s the only club that could have housed Rovers super massive away following. You could argue that Portsmouth could have, but Gas Logic would have you think that Portsmouth are smaller than Rovers, considering the yard stick is Sheffield Wednesday. Just think of all those Teds in the away end? How can you distinguish one as they will all be decked out in red and white? Oh well, it won’t matter because Gasheads will be boycotting the match anyway I suspect?

Edited by Cheesleysmate

9 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As many would have predicted. The competition doesn’t want a Rovers v Bury final. They will be gutted that Rovers are the home team. They fancied a second cup final outing in Sunderland this year, and remember it’s the only club that could have housed Rovers super massive away following. You could argue that Portsmouth could have, but Gas Logic would have you think that Portsmouth are smaller than Rovers, considering the yard stick is Sheffield Wednesday. Just think of all those Teds in the away end? How can you distinguish one as they will all be decked out in red and white? Oh well, it won’t matter because Gasheads will be boycotting the match anyway I suspect?

I guess they're hoping for larger attendances, having the smaller clubs at home - will make the figures look better for Harvey's spin. Can't see many Sunderland fans travelling down, when they've already been here on the Saturday.

I'm still boycotting.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Would be interesting to see how many they take to Wembley if they get there? What with the 'boycott' they always bang on about 

A fair few I would imagine.

Only those who care about football are aware of the boycott, for a lot of people it'll be a day out, and with final appearances not exactly weekly, a lot of people will probably take their kids, mates and have a day out.

Can't blame them either.

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I guess they're hoping for larger attendances, having the smaller clubs at home - will make the figures look better for Harvey's spin. Can't see many Sunderland fans travelling down, when they've already been here on the Saturday.

I'm still boycotting.

I know a few Gasheads that will still boycott the Sunderland game as they already believe that drawing Sunderland would probably mean game over for them in this competition anyway.

The competition has been seriously devalued by the inclusion of under 21’s teams to benefit the elite Premier League clubs. If it was City in the same position I would boycott it myself, so fair play to the Gasheads who stay true to their word on that one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13738/sunderland-bury-portsmouth-semi-final?page=7

Sunderland home We might get 4,000 for this one :)

Then at the foot of page 8 -  Can't see anywhere near 25,000 going. We only took 26,000 in 2015 for a far bigger game. I still think plenty would boycott actually.

Fair play if they do boycott. It’s probably the one time I wouldn’t take the piss out of the Gas for a low turnout.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Would be interesting to see how many they take to Wembley if they get there? What with the 'boycott' they always bang on about 

That’ll be the boycott that’s all of a sudden Vanished, because the only reason they we’re boycotting was due to u21 teams being allowed to enter the competition, now they have all been knocked out it’s ok to attend ? mention it to them and they get all defensive and quite angry, same people were telling me how shit and what a complete farce of a competition it was about 2months ago ???

Some clown on their forum thinks both games against Sunderland will sell out, the first probably will due to large away support but the second game not a chance even though the boycott has apparently been lifted by a few of them jokers. Those Sunderland fans will realise how far their fall from grace has been when they turn up at that dump after a 5 hour journey and have to drink fake fanta and eat out of date crisps and pasties, I feel sorry for them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Some clown on their forum thinks both games against Sunderland will sell out, the first probably will due to large away support but the second game not a chance even though the boycott has apparently been lifted by a few of them jokers. Those Sunderland fans will realise how far their fall from grace has been when they turn up at that dump after a 5 hour journey and have to drink fake fanta and eat out of date crisps and pasties, I feel sorry for them.

Edited by Gillies Downs Leeds

14 minutes ago, weepywall said:

This shows exactly how much ‘interest’ those morons have shown towards this trophy, it’s only 1 leg for a start! Then as previously pointed out, Sunderland play at the dump on the Saturday before so can’t see them bringing many down a few days later.

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

It won’t be a sellout at the Mem just because the away section is full, it needs the home fans to fill their sections too and that never happens at Roverzzzz home games...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It won’t be a sellout at the Mem just because the away section is full, it needs the home fans to fill their sections too and that never happens at Roverzzzz home games...

Now that’s a boycott that they always stay faithful to.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That was Braintree Town away when the ‘family club’ fans assaulted the home team’s keeper - they lost and the home fans were taunting them with “We know what we are, a pub team from Essex, we know what we are...” - and you are correct, loads of space on the tiny away terrace...more gas bullcrap about selling out every away allocation that season...look at the ‘packed away end’ below...

57F16586-6809-411A-8142-285DC873CABB.jpeg

Henbury gas there at the back so maybe where bullshit began 

• Haha 1

They will make up anything to make themselves feel better ???

oldgas Avatar
oldgas
Club Legend
5 minutes ago
twertonboy said:

The only reason the Sh1t fans rate Taylor is because they stole the little rat off us. Any other player who scored so few goals would have been run out of the place ages ago. I see they've given him a contract extension. Not because he's any good but because the Duke can't be seen to lose face, so they'd rather pay the little Turd £15k per week than admit he's not good enough.

I hope he never gets a start for them and Lansdown is left paying him a fortune for the next 2 years. He does seem to be rather injury prone since he left us.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

They will make up anything to make themselves feel better ???

oldgas Avatar
oldgas
Club Legend
5 minutes ago
twertonboy said:

The only reason the Sh1t fans rate Taylor is because they stole the little rat off us. Any other player who scored so few goals would have been run out of the place ages ago. I see they've given him a contract extension. Not because he's any good but because the Duke can't be seen to lose face, so they'd rather pay the little Turd £15k per week than admit he's not good enough.

I hope he never gets a start for them and Lansdown is left paying him a fortune for the next 2 years. He does seem to be rather injury prone since he left us.

So few goals? How many has Nicholls scored for them?!

• Haha 4