IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, PhilC said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13838/crowds-good-considering .....

"I don’t think this seasons crowds have been helped by the changes the club made at the start of the season.The scrapping of the early bird discounted admission price & for the first time people not being able to use cash at the turnstiles."

???

They must own the biggest book of excuses ever written.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PhilC said:

"I don’t think this seasons crowds have been helped by the changes the club made at the start of the season.The scrapping of the early bird discounted admission price & for the first time people not being able to use cash at the turnstiles."

???

We haven’t been able to use cash at the turnstiles for around 10 years now (sure you use to be able to in the old east end on the odd game)

yet our crowds continue to grow

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

The scrapping of the early bird discounted admission price & for the first time people not being able to use cash at the turnstiles."

???

You mock, but do you have any concept of how difficult it is to get hold of pre-decimal coinage these days? Changing those turnstiles costs a pretty penny......(decimal or otherwise...)

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

???

Cash still taken on the disabled exit gate thank you very much   ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

???

Also, we can only use our tickets once now, so everyone has to pay to get in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A term used to describe something that is either of low quality, has a poor reputation or is unknown altogether, has an insignificant history or any combination of the aforementioned. The term is often used to describe English football (that's soccer to our Yankee & Aussie friends) clubs that occupy the lower reaches of the English footballing pyramid. These clubs are characterised by;

a) Terrible quality of football, often of amateur and semi-professional standards and occassionally even pub side quality, 
b) Very small fanbases resulting in low attendance figures and small travelling crowds (away support in football parlance), 
c) Diminutive and often run-down stadiums with poor amenities (portable toilets in place of functioning bathrooms), minimal seating and cover, often resulting in spectators being exposed to the harsh conditions of the English weather, 
d) A baren trophy cabinet, or if they are lucky, a handful of local cups on a shelf that nobody outside of the club has heard of, 
e) A shocking bank balance as the clubs just about manage to pay the bills. However, in recent years more often than not the clubs end up in administration, 
f) Having to go back to 1927 to find an occassion or person that would be deemed to be notweorthy in the world of English football. Often, upon coming across a fan of a more reputable club, they will eagerly tell said fan of their grand days of the 1927/28 season in an attempt to make their club seem relevant,

''Last Tuesday night we was away to tinpot Bristol Rovers and as usual we was confined to the open terraces of the East Stand, exposed to the pissing rain and lashing winds. It was grim as ****, made only worse by the excuse of a football game we witnessed along with 3,000 other miserable fans.'' - said the fan of equally tinpot Southend United to his mate.”
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

If that belongs to Rovers, with any luck there's a pile of s**t heading towards it, either in relation to their finances or as they go down again this season

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I’d be shocked if they own anything anymore.

I`m sure the hire company will be along to repossess the thing just before the shit hits it.

Huge game for that lot today against one of the only sides that are somehow worse than them at the moment. 

Thought I'd have a nose over on their forum and nearly spat out my coffee in laughter to see that the top thread was them still going on about the 'big screen TV' that seems to be on a crazy journey. It's got to the stage where they're making jokes at their own expense now.

I remember the great journey when we got the big screen up next to the Atyeo. Turned up one day, looked over and it was there - end of story. 

3 hours ago, MC26 said:

Huge game for that lot today against one of the only sides that are somehow worse than them at the moment. 

Thought I'd have a nose over on their forum and nearly spat out my coffee in laughter to see that the top thread was them still going on about the 'big screen TV' that seems to be on a crazy journey. It's got to the stage where they're making jokes at their own expense now.

I remember the great journey when we got the big screen up next to the Atyeo. Turned up one day, looked over and it was there - end of story. 

It`s obvious what`s going on here. They`re stringing out the saga until the end of March and can then say it`s stuck in a 200 mile long lorry jam at Calais.

The truth is more likely that the supplier won`t deliver it until they`ve paid for it. Given their track record (allegedly) with paying bills it`s only what any sensible business would do.