IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So what will the crowd be at the Mem for their League encounter with Sunderland on Saturday 23rd February, and what will be the Fewer's contribution to that figure?

Sunderland have been allocated 1,408 tickets for this game appear to have sold out (and 1,918 for their Checktrade Trophy semi-final on Tuesday 5th March).

I'm going for 9870 in total, 8462 Fewers. All only to see the Sunderland.

21 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So what will the crowd be at the Mem for their League encounter with Sunderland on Saturday 23rd February, and what will be the Fewer's contribution to that figure?

Sunderland have been allocated 1,408 tickets for this game appear to have sold out (and 1,918 for their Checktrade Trophy semi-final on Tuesday 5th March).

It’s sold

out I heard as is the checkatrade

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They’ll have near to 10k (include Sunderland fans obviously).

Afterwards they’ll be all over Social Media claiming that this (once in a season) bumper crowd proves they’ve outgrown the Mem and have huge, loyal support that we can only dream of.

Then it’ll be back to 7.5k tops for games against the teams they play most seasons.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If Rovers do make it to Wembley, sorry "Wembly", 

Image result for small away football crowds

Image result for small away football crowds

Edited by 22A

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Guys im sure some here will remeber the chant if you all love devons neighbour clap your hands?

I heard a unsavoury rumour he was giving carl saunders wife one, Hes old bill now btw.

Anyone else hear this?

Clarification required on both counts methinks - who, Big Dev or The Neighbour?

The only White chant I recall was 'the teabag' - whole different meaning these days......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ah, the old USP delusion, we haven't had that one for a while.

What are they?

They're crap, play in a crap ground, unique kit (apart from Wycombe and Sabadell who also wear stupid quarters), old supporters, standing up (I'll give them that one even though it's not through choice), tents, falling support so there's plenty of room, minibus head butting, boob cricket, attacking players and their hospital transport, deluded fans, crap pasties, charging for water, Irene (stolen), gert pirate (St Pauli), international ownership, a manager who talks like Louis Walsh, hate them bloody 'teds, 'coming for you', erm, any more?

Don't forget horse punching

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Theres one more hartcliffer with qpr connections.

People in mid 40s may recall the goalie nicky johns.

Also played for tampa bay rowdies and hartcliffe boys club.

He went to Bemmy Down Boys club, he came back to the club a couple of times as guests of honour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Buying players has nothing to do with Bristol sport. No disrespect but it’s bad enough trying to educate the 15ers about this. For a city fan not to know how Bristol sport operate is pretty poor. 

I’m aware of that, my post was mocking what the Rovers chap posted on their forum.

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Guys im sure some here will remeber the chant if you all love devons neighbour clap your hands?

I heard a unsavoury rumour he was giving carl saunders wife one, Hes old bill now btw.

Anyone else hear this?

Yep I remember the chant, it used to be bellowed out from the away end at Trumpton....I think it was because of an altercation with his next door neighbour which involved a knife being wielded? 

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I remember the chant, it used to be bellowed out from the away end at Trumpton....I think it was because of an altercation with his next door neighbour which involved a knife being wielded? 

There was two if I remember rightly... 

"Devon White is full of holes, Devon White is full of holes, he's full of holes,  holes and more holes, Devon White is full of holes..." 

"We love Devon neighbor, we love Devon neibour..."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Anyone else hear this?

Would make a change from them blaming a ‘Ted for being in the AWAY end!

Just in case you need to start your day with a smile ...

"Quite often think how I would spend say, £100M from a big euromillions jackpot.

I wouldn’t want to run the club, because i could quite easy squander everything and as a fan I’d probably be dumb with the money.

I’d basically clear the debt, and build a ground. I’d name one stand, the safe standing one, after me. Or perhaps the ground would be the “Gregory Stevens stadium”. I’d like to be remembered for what I’d done for the club, but not really into running it.

Ideally I’d clear debt and build ground and ensure the ground is held in a trust for the club alone, and I’d also have a cheeky 5% stadium profits. Never going to pay me back but I least my relatives will benefit when I’m gone. And they’d have some kind of say in it too, having an interest.

I’d like to build it on the mem site. NCP could build a multi story to save space.

Some other things I would inisist on:

- smokers and vapers catered for with a proper covered area. Its no bother, and nice to treat fans like human beings.

- family stand miled from where the boisterous fans. So we can all have what we want at a game

- Family tickets to lower the cost for people with kids

- an urn filled with the ashes of our arsoned stand with a mural saying “Fire doesn’t stop gas” and a range of photos of city pitch invasions, vandalism and aggression so younger fans know about the past and don’t believe the Bristol sport “family club” posters.

- statues and pictures of key rovers legends on the way in. No nick higgs

- free entrance for disabled war veterans and holders of military honours

- a large safe standing terrace to lead the way in ground reform, and increase capacity

- an app based bar with rapid pint pulling. Limited options - 1 lager, 1 cider, coke and poss one real ale. Just order and pick up from a dude rapidly pulling pints. No cash.

- 2 types of steward. One “heavy mob” for sorting out trouble and ejecting people. One other type trained in customer service and there to help fans, sell tickets and improve the match day experience.

Just a few ideas. Any other rovers fantasies worth a chuckle about?"

• Haha 2