IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Nice to see they've got money to spend on comfy seats for Wally and his cronies, while the away fans still stand out in the p!ssing rain :gasmask:

seats.JPG

Also.... they should have perhaps told their seat installer to use one of these?

Image result for spirit level

either that or there is some weird optical illusion to do with the level of the seat backs in the picture?

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Let's be honest, if you were a rovers fan you'd be trying to hide it as well as you could... 

Old joke...

Teacher asks the class what their dads do at the weekend. 

Little Tommy says “my dad likes to dress as a woman and go up to the Downs, offering blokes heading for the public toilets a bj for £20”

After class, the teacher calls Tommy back. “Tommy, is that true about your dad?”

Tommy looks around to check nobody else is around and says “no miss, he goes to watch Rovers, but I was too embarrassed to say that” 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Then you must be in disguise! The last time I saw or heard anything from them, was a couple of pissed up middle aged blokes in The Swan down Conham.

I like most of your posts, but your not “bigging” up your support again? Next time I am out for a pint, I will check outside, to see how many have been locked out!?

The occasional gashead in and around the Maypole (if it's still open?) and the Jolly Sailor back in the day but on my trips back (rare these days), it's City mostly everywhere.

13 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The occasional gashead in and around the Maypole (if it's still open?) and the Jolly Sailor back in the day but on my trips back (rare these days), it's City mostly everywhere.

I live in Barrs court BR. Even here, the majority of the gas we see and hear are up around their 50's now apart from small groups. Pretty much all the young 'uns are reds even if their parents are gas. Chatting to a few gas tonight about this, and they're gutted but they don't blame the youngsters. Back in the day, we rarely saw a red shirt on this side of town, now they're everywhere.

The old gas think this will revert to type IF they get a stadium but they are also very realistic that they can't afford one and are losing a whole generation to us. IMHO, that will take some recovering from their side, all good for us though. Lose a generation, you generally lose the next one as well. Whether it's them being so bad or us having the facilities / higher level of football / potential, the younger generation are definitely changing sides and it's great to see. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I live in Barrs court BR. Even here, the majority of the gas we see and hear are up around their 50's now apart from small groups. Pretty much all the young 'uns are reds even if their parents are gas. Chatting to a few gas tonight about this, and they're gutted but they don't blame the youngsters. Back in the day, we rarely saw a red shirt on this side of town, now they're everywhere.

The old gas think this will revert to type IF they get a stadium but they are also very realistic that they can't afford one and are losing a whole generation to us. IMHO, that will take some recovering from their side, all good for us though. Lose a generation, you generally lose the next one as well. Whether it's them being so bad or us having the facilities / higher level of football / potential, the younger generation are definitely changing sides and it's great to see. 

Awww, I think that's so sad.

Ha, not I don't, Just kidding.  :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Then you must be in disguise! The last time I saw or heard anything from them, was a couple of pissed up middle aged blokes in The Swan down Conham.

I like most of your posts, but your not “bigging” up your support again? Next time I am out for a pint, I will check outside, to see how many have been locked out!?

Not really, just saying there are plenty of Rovers fans in Hanham (and City fans) . I wasn't brought up round here, but I think it's always been fairly evenly split but now with City gaining numbers (for obvious reasons)

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Many a happy Fri & Sat night in the Barrs Court, late 80's, 50/50 split back then, could get a bit fractious at times, pub with an edge! Generally proper banter. How it should be. Today, it would just be ridicule and piss taking on a one-way basis!!

13 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Many a happy Fri & Sat night in the Barrs Court, late 80's, 50/50 split back then, could get a bit fractious at times, pub with an edge! Generally proper banter. How it should be. Today, it would just be ridicule and piss taking on a one-way basis!!

Maybe if they dressed up as pirates when they went out instead of the "famous quarters", then people might take them slightly more seriously?

home-pirate-cutout@2x.png

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

And what with the gas hive, The Lamb in Banjo under threat.... it’s almost like someone has called South Glos pest control.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

STill get a lot of city in the maypole but it’s mixed really . Think the landlords gas 

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

It's a curry house nowadays BR. I pop in there for a beer now and again but it's a pale shadow of the raucous place it used to be. If there are 10 people having a drink that's a busy night. :(

As for the lamb, their last bastion of blue I think, only been in there once. 

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

STill get a lot of city in the maypole but it’s mixed really . Think the landlords gas 

The landlady (Karen) isn't anything as far as I know but her fella is G*s but I dont think he watches them much (similar to the rest of that lot tbf). Always a few proper old school City in there (Russ, Neil etc) and a couple of fewers but for some strange reason it seems mostly Spurs, Everton and Man U.

Decent boozer though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

The landlady (Karen) isn't anything as far as I know but her fella is G*s but I dont think he watches them much (similar to the rest of that lot tbf). Always a few proper old school City in there (Russ, Neil etc) and a couple of fewers but for some strange reason it seems mostly Spurs, Everton and Man U.

Decent boozer though.

Karens brother Tony (RIP) was a big Rovers fan and a proper top man, whenever I went to see him it was generally a mix in there. 

I went along Muller rd for the first time in ages on Friday, I think I have figured out where the (massive) sag home crowd have vanished to. They are mistaking the allotments for the minimal. It is an easy mistake to make after all, better facilities and a better pitch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoke giiford red said:

Anyone want some Saturday night laughter?? (I know it's not original but it is funny!!)

Just as an aside, I believe the actor who played Hitler in this died today. Must have been odd knowing you were most famous for this clip, used 1000s of times.

Edited by cityexile