IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

You've made that up surely? 

Even the most deluded sag can't write that rubbish? 

A club that has spent more seasons since the turn of the century either in League 2 or out of the football league altogether than they have in league 1 and has had one relegation season in the Championship during that period and rattles around in a stadium that would embarrass many National League outfits should be pushing top half of the Championship.......Gaslogic at it’s finest?

14 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Ok, so we haven't progressed at all have we, so I must be dreaming  that the pitch and sprinkler sytsem is better than it used to be, the club shop is bigger and more accessible than it used to be, the club house is far better than it used to be, the Former Players Association and the Ability Groups must be a figment of my imagination. I could go on with quite a number of other areas we have progressed with but can't be arsed. Just because we don't have a new stadium or training ground doesn't mean we haven't progressed. Ok, I accept that things haven't improved as some of our fans would like them to but unless someone else comes along to invest a substantial amount of money, and that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon we have to accept that our current owners continue to fund £20,000 losses every week and continue to pay the bills to maintain us where we are. If you don't like it, lets see the colour of your money to progress things how you would like it FTG !

more Gas magic taken from their forum, the sprinkler system is what it is all about folks.

Sounds like a Ted on a wind up.

No I think you will find he is right and we took over 40,000 to Wembley against Shrewsbury, we have got a massive fan base but all the sh** we have had to put up with stop a lot from going like a sh** ground for one, if the Uwe would have happened I think we would be getting crowds of 15,000 more if we were in the playoffs

Another classic. So moving to a new ground would multiply their attendances by 2? Gas logic at its finest. 

Let's be honest though, we'll never find out what a new stadium would do to their attendances as they're never getting one... 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

No I think you will find he is right and we took over 40,000 to Wembley against Shrewsbury, we have got a massive fan base but all the sh** we have had to put up with stop a lot from going like a sh** ground for one, if the Uwe would have happened I think we would be getting crowds of 15,000 more if we were in the playoffs

Another classic. So moving to a new ground would multiply their attendances by 2? Gas logic at its finest. 

Let's be honest though, we'll never find out what a new stadium would do to their attendances as they're never getting one... 

Ha, they haven’t had crowds of 15k+ since the 60s.

But hang on...I thought they were ‘proper fans’? Real supporters, not ‘plastic’ like wot us ‘teds’ is?

This is another Saghead suggesting that they won’t turn up and support their team in decent numbers unless they’ve got a nice comfy seat to sit in?

If they play on the street we’ll watch from the pavement” ?

Full of shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

And they call our fans plastic as well!  30,000 odd fans don’t attend games because the ground is rubbish, but will gladly go to Wembley, surely that’s the definition of a plastic fan?

Gotta say, I noticed this belter on the Sunderland forum when we played them last season. One of these proper anti City “Gas is my second team” weirdos that crop up and talk shit from time to time....just like BristolPr1ck on the Stoke forum.

Probably got a ‘thing’ for Pirates and undoubtedly needs his hard drive checked urgently by the Police. 

Gasheads will ‘hammer’ you if you disrespect them apparently ?

Oh yeah, double hard they are...but only if you’re a minibus, lone female or a dad with his kids inside the Inn on the Green pub.

058D312F-CEEB-4D5A-8287-526D636CC00D.jpeg

• Haha 2

Tin hat for this poster ..

Was chatting to a few of their mob in the Sportsman after the game. Cracking lads. I asked them if they preferred us to the 82ers and they all agreed. They thought our support at their place was brilliant and they could see that we are as passionate about our club as they are about theirs. They had seen the shitheads and Swansea the other week and commented on how amazingly friendly our fans were in comparison. They were surprised when I told them that Rovers have taken 40,000 to Wembley in the past. They though we should be pushing top half Championship at least with such a massive fan base. Hopefully they won’t go up because I’d love another weekend in Newcastle £2.60 a pint! FTG.

No offence but are you sure they weren't taking the piss or worried they would get a shoeing if they said they preferred City ? It would be a stupid thing to say otherwise in the Sportsman wouldn't it.

Take a look at the top end of the Championship and consider the size of the clubs there Gurensey FC is getting over 20,000 nowadays and they are just average in terms of attendances - Sunderland fans would know that.

Fact is, taking perhaps 40,000 to Wembley on a one off jolly with loads of non fans is the same as the sh** doing the same. We haven't averaged over five figures in decades so our fan base isn't massive at all.

How the **** does anyone establish a fanbase anyway ? Do you tick a box when you return your council tax form ?

A big club coming to town and patting us on the head and we are grateful for it.... pathetic.

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

If this isn't the finest football photograph of the season I'm a Dutchman. @lightaperture on Twitter - brilliant.

IMG_20190225_102621.jpg

The fourth 'box' from the left looks empty save for a steward or similar taking an opportunity to rest his feet. Surprised that it wasn't sold when it was such a big and important game.

Capacity of the ground is 11,900-12,300 depending on which source you choose yet there were just 10,009 there, 1,408 of which were Mackems meaning just 8,601 15ers were in attendance. Perhaps the rest were 'watching from the movement's ... in Broadmead.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Tin hat for this poster ..

Was chatting to a few of their mob in the Sportsman after the game. Cracking lads. I asked them if they preferred us to the 82ers and they all agreed. They thought our support at their place was brilliant and they could see that we are as passionate about our club as they are about theirs. They had seen the shitheads and Swansea the other week and commented on how amazingly friendly our fans were in comparison. They were surprised when I told them that Rovers have taken 40,000 to Wembley in the past. They though we should be pushing top half Championship at least with such a massive fan base. Hopefully they won’t go up because I’d love another weekend in Newcastle £2.60 a pint! FTG.

No offence but are you sure they weren't taking the piss or worried they would get a shoeing if they said they preferred City ? It would be a stupid thing to say otherwise in the Sportsman wouldn't it.

Take a look at the top end of the Championship and consider the size of the clubs there Gurensey FC is getting over 20,000 nowadays and they are just average in terms of attendances - Sunderland fans would know that.

Fact is, taking perhaps 40,000 to Wembley on a one off jolly with loads of non fans is the same as the sh** doing the same. We haven't averaged over five figures in decades so our fan base isn't massive at all.

How the **** does anyone establish a fanbase anyway ? Do you tick a box when you return your council tax form ?

A big club coming to town and patting us on the head and we are grateful for it.... pathetic.

He's a Ted obviously. Can you imagine the abuse he's going to get now for simply stating the truth? 

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The fourth 'box' from the left looks empty save for a steward or similar taking an opportunity to rest his feet. Surprised that it wasn't sold when it was such a big and important game.

Capacity of the ground is 11,900-12,300 depending on which source you choose yet there were just 10,009 there, 1,408 of which were Mackems meaning just 8,601 15ers were in attendance. Perhaps the rest were 'watching from the movement's ... in Broadmead.

I think you mean Broadmoor, Rudolf! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I actually think they like the fact that they aren't getting a new stadium. It gives them free reign to continue spouting this sort of nonsense. 

• Like 1

Oh hang on, that post says 15k MORE than what they currently get?! I thought they were talking rubbish at expecting just 15k! 

Edited by MC26

If, the sag's favourite word

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, they haven’t had crowds of 15k+ since the 60s.

But hang on...I thought they were ‘proper fans’? Real supporters, not ‘plastic’ like wot us ‘teds’ is?

This is another Saghead suggesting that they won’t turn up and support their team in decent numbers unless they’ve got a nice comfy seat to sit in?

If they play on the street we’ll watch from the pavement” ?

Full of shit.

Yeah but you forget that about 18 months ago when they were ”gert coming for da Shit” they were selling out their 12k stadium every week with literally thousands of them watching on the big screen in the car park...............weren’t they?

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Atmospheric ( the sky, not the "stadium")  just looking for the four horsemen, though they'd probably get punched !

I couldn't work out if the photographer used an atmospheric filter as an allegory for impending dark days ahead, else a storm a'brewin'. I did note the lights weren't on, 50ps run out?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Quite a few Sunderland fans made note of that as well, they guessed it was the fewers saving money.

Else, How many Gasheads does it take to change a lightbulb? To which I guess they'd answer: " None -  that nasty Mr Lansdown has bought all the bulbs in the West to further heap embarrassment upon us..."

• Haha 3