IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 28/02/2019 at 15:34, wendyredredrobin said:

I recommend an eyebath as well.

Not sure if cleansing the mind of the mamories is possible though.

I believe the German Alz Heimer has created that

but also I think a Spaniard Senor Dementia can do the trick. 

not sure about the mamories after googling it seems that all experiments have gone tits up.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2019 at 17:26, pride of the west said:

Ooh a relegation 6 pointer. No point trying to sing in the home end. You will drowned out by the 4000 gas turning up for such an important game. It's just what they do. 

Surely they'll have that many locked out?!  :D

On 28/02/2019 at 17:56, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Didn’t we beat Gillingham 4 times in a season the last time we were in the same division?

I’d probably prefer the Gas if I was them, especially when Rovers away support alone will keep that club in business for another year at least. Just look at the mammoth following they took last time they went there on a Saturday.

’Its just what they do...’

B8C3795C-381A-448C-8032-2666EA5B56D6.jpeg

Went there Dec 14 when we won 3-1. Freezing cold, December 28th match yet we took a lot, lot more than that sorry show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Surely they'll have that many locked out?!  :D

Went there Dec 14 when we won 3-1. Freezing cold, December 28th match yet we took a lot, lot more than that sorry show.

Went there boxing day 1987, a load of us in fancy dress. COLD? Bugger me it was lucky we were pissed! 

The days of away 'cages' in the bad old days.

A word of advice to the young 'uns, don't wear a toga to an away game on boxing day! :colder:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'Don't Woking realise we're massive and away fans locked out before kickoff'....thus the myth begins! :rofl2br:

Just let that sink in for a moment....Woking. Not quite selling out a 9000 allocation at the Etihad, is it?

Absolute belters.

Edited by BanburyRed

Gates open to the Massive Attack gig at 5pm. Traffic is expected to build up around Filton from 3pm. 14,000 attending the sell out event.

If a local cycling event can cause 15ers to stay at home because of perceived travel problems, this gig will surely make them stay at home in the warm a sub 8,000 turn out from the ever so loyal and true is my guess.

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

'Don't Woking realise we're massive and away fans locked out before kickoff'....thus the myth begins! :rofl2br:

Just let that sink in for a moment....Woking. Not quite selling out a 9000 allocation at the Etihad, is it?

Absolute belters.

To be fair, his posts are a bit tongue in cheek / lighthearted - so you probably took the Woking comment too seriously....

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair, his posts are a bit tongue in cheek / lighthearted - so you probably took the Woking comment too seriously....

I got the self deprecation in the tweets, refreshingly different look at their own struggles without mentioning UWE, Wael (v nice man apparently!), Sainsbury's, championship ready sprinklers, babestation, boob cricket, headbutting windows....the list goes on....

#unluckydashit

On 01/03/2019 at 10:59, Red-Robbo said:

The Stranglers died when Hugh Cornwell left.

Hugh's more of a cricket and rugby man, but I can reveal he has been to see City. He lives in Somerset.

The Stranglers are very much alive and kicking ( apart from dear old Jet Black rest his soul ) .

Hugh was great but, apparently,  wanted to lead the Meninblack down the pop music road which was one of the main points of dispute. 

They rock. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gazred said:

This sag has got it in one..

"I think they might be distracting in our craphole of a ground just because they’ll be the only modern thing in it."

They only have them until the end of the season.

Depends if they will actually make any money to justify the expense.

You have to wonder to The Bishopston Fryer have given full consideration to their digital marketing needs. How else will they be able to reach a few thousand people a fortnight.

40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The Stranglers are very much alive and kicking ( apart from dear old Jet Black rest his soul ) .

Hugh was great but, apparently,  wanted to lead the Meninblack down the pop music road which was one of the main points of dispute. 

They rock. 

The Stranglers are all alive including Jet who recently celebrated his 80th birthday but is now a non-playing member. 

Baz is a big Sunderland fan but he has banter in every town they play in re the local team. It’s only that he’s never heard of that lot in North Bristol that he picks on City when down here. He’s a top bloke as was/is Hugh. 

21 minutes ago, redapple said:

The Stranglers are all alive including Jet who recently celebrated his 80th birthday but is now a non-playing member. 

Baz is a big Sunderland fan but he has banter in every town they play in re the local team. It’s only that he’s never heard of that lot in North Bristol that he picks on City when down here. He’s a top bloke as was/is Hugh. 

Thanks for that re. Jet. I knew he was very ill but thought I`d missed some sad news and he had passed away but thankfully not

Stick in there big man!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Gates open to the Massive Attack gig at 5pm. Traffic is expected to build up around Filton from 3pm. 14,000 attending the sell out event.

If a local cycling event can cause 15ers to stay at home because of perceived travel problems, this gig will surely make them stay at home in the warm a sub 8,000 turn out from the ever so loyal and true is my guess.

8,496 (391 away). 8,105 15ers

15 hours ago, weepywall said:

Win 4-0 and still in the bottom four and some more bad news Plymouth took 2000 to Sunderland today so may be Sunderland fans have a new team that have "the best and loudest fans to visit the SOL" and obviously  Sunderland prefer Plymouth to us 

I bet they found Mackems who said Exeter fans were shit ! :cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2