IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I'm undecided whether to watch what will undoubtedly be an enthralling game at the Westfalenstadion as Dortmund try to overcome a three goal deficit, or watch a stadium full* of disappointed 15ers as their dreams of Wembley turn to dust...

*Well, part from the closed stand and other unsold tickets.

Interestingly, the Guardian don't even recognise tonight's game (and they even list Scottish League 2!).fix.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They need to slag off our under 23's as our kids are much closer to their level, so it's easier for them to compare with.

TBH, if we put out our full u23 team, I think they would probably beat the Sags first team anyway.

The gates to watch our U23's are probably more comparable to their home gates too. 

Possibly the source of their over inflated view of themselves as fans if they compare themselves to our U23 team? ?

8 minutes ago, cityal said:

The gates to watch our U23's are probably more comparable to their home gates too. 

Possibly the source of their over inflated view of themselves as fans if they compare themselves to our U23 team? ?

I don’t think they were directly comparing themselves to us or our under 23’s. 

How could they possibly contemplate a modern day fixture against Nottingham Forest, at any level. 

Maybe they just saw “Forest” and automatically presumed that it was referring to Forest Green, who should be well & truly on their radar..!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

They started booking to coaches yet? Never forget Northampton in the playoffs back in the day!

If Rovers do win tonight, is the final of this joke competition (current format) played in the morning, before a proper first team final, or Spurs home match, or do they actually give it its own date in the diary..? 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If Rovers do win tonight, is the final of this joke competition (current format) played in the morning, before a proper first team final, or Spurs home match, or do they actually give it its own date in the diary..? 

Whilst they’re there they could compare how each respective clubs stadium developments are coming along

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

You just know they will win tonight and then it will start, boycott of competition over, 45000 going to final, biggest following ever, unlucky de shit, coming for us, gas are coming back, won't be enough tickets, you just know !!!

I’ve got to pull you up there,it’s never less 50,000,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They need to slag off our under 23's as our kids are much closer to their level, so it's easier for them to compare with.

TBH, if we put out our full u23 team, I think they would probably beat the Sags first team anyway.

The OP on that thread was put down pretty well and from a number of sources to be fair, and they do have some very realistic posters amongst all the lickers.

I had the misfortune to be near the minimal stadium 5.30 - 6.15 ish. Not many Rovers fans (well it is raining) but plenty from Sunderland who all seemed to be heading for the Wellington. Obviously going there to tell the few  Rovers fans they meet how wonderful they are and how they hate those awful Teds. 

• Haha 1

I really couldn't give a rat's arse if they win tonight. In all honesty, if a sag hadn't asked me, over the weekend, if I would go to Wembley with them (obviously, the answer was **** off!), I would have had no idea they were that close.

As for our U23's, do they even have any youth teams any more and, if so, when was the last time their academy (if they've got one at all) produced a player sold for £10M, one for £6M and another youngster one of the biggest clubs in the land wants to buy but were turned down (£2M was it)?

Stuff the cave dwellers and their jealousy!

OTIB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

At halftime of a spurs home match there will be a shootout, that’s it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

The OP on that thread was put down pretty well and from a number of sources to be fair, and they do have some very realistic posters amongst all the lickers.

The OP is still banging on.

Apparently his point was that we’ve spent countless millions on players who can’t even beat Nottingham Forests under 23 side.

Sigh.

Incorrect, bonehead...we’ve spent millions on players WHO BEAT THE FOREST FIRST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Its like they’re deliberately trying to look stupid.

Whilst we’re talking about spending ‘millions’, Forest themselves spent FAR more than us this season.