IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

According to 'The Cock'.." it's all about the the final turd ". 

He's quite correct, yet he still sticks with Tom Nicholls, who happens to be the biggest cock in the final turd. But hey, why stop a losing formula.

Carry on the good work.

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

And it all falls down when 80k turn up at Wembley !

Yes but, Sunderland and Portsmouth fans aren't true supporters:whistle2:. I expect the pair of them are relishing a good day out to rekindle lost glory's

I hope the reality is that, the sponsors have lost out big time in all previous rounds. As seen by tonight's attendance, you would have expected around 10k in normal circumstances, had the format not changed.

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Netty you must be quite happy that your fans don't have to wrestle with their conscience at the end of March , genuine question ?

Every sag I know has boycotted the competition thus far, but they all said they would go if da gas made it to Wembley - so making a mockery of all the previous boycotts...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few observations.

One. When did Turbo Island start developing players? There was one character on the pitch with a big beard who looked like a wino.

Two. Why have digital advertising that obscures the advertising boards of companies who probably shell out coins year on year? Hardly inviting repeat custom.

Three. Both sides were dire.

Four. England have just gone 3 up in the She cup!

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

Hang on does that mean no open top tour, :(

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

No, they`ll have one for getting knocked out in a semi final for sure.

It`s what they do.

They had one for finishing second in the conference.....for the kids of course (or the Neanderthal over 50 Tote Enders).

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Netty you must be quite happy that your fans don't have to wrestle with their conscience at the end of March , genuine question ?

Yes, the only downside is losing out on the extra income, which, as you know, would have come in useful, given our circumstances. I couldn't bring myself to actually hope for us to lose tonight, but I'm glad that we'll be playing the scheduled league fixture against Luton that weekend - avoiding relegation is the priority.

I'm a boycotter, but, to be honest, at the end of the day money will talk.  If the Premiership dangle a large enough carrot to get their B teams into the league, too many lower league clubs are in financial straights to be able to vote against it.  The revival of the Bristol Derby could be closer than we think! ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yes, the only downside is losing out on the extra income, which, as you know, would have come in useful, given our circumstances. I couldn't bring myself to actually hope for us to lose tonight, but I'm glad that we'll be playing the scheduled league fixture against Luton that weekend - avoiding relegation is the priority.

I'm a boycotter, but, to be honest, at the end of the day money will talk.  If the Premiership dangle a large enough carrot to get their B teams into the league, too many lower league clubs are in financial straights to be able to vote against it.  The revival of the Bristol Derby could be closer than we think! ?

Sorry, don't get that, further away, surely ?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

A few observations.

One. When did Turbo Island start developing players? There was one character on the pitch with a big beard who looked like a wino.

Two. Why have digital advertising that obscures the advertising boards of companies who probably shell out coins year on year? Hardly inviting repeat custom.

Three. Both sides were dire.

Four. England have just gone 3 up in the She cup!

Agree with 1 through 3

4  don't give a toss .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Yes, the only downside is losing out on the extra income, which, as you know, would have come in useful, given our circumstances. 

***The revival of the Bristol Derby could be closer than we think! ?

*** sharing a stadium with bike and dog racers may have worked many years ago at Eastville but that old place was much bigger than The Mem.

Theres no way you'll be able to host horse racing at The Mem... Ha, Bristol Derby my arse!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Every sag I know has boycotted the competition thus far, but they all said they would go if da gas made it to Wembley - so making a mockery of all the previous boycotts...

A Gas "mate" of mine has been boycotting them since the non league play off but of course he was off to Wembley in March or seemed quite sure he was !!