IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

And it all falls down when 80k turn up at Wembley !

That is the worse thing about last night, Pompey & Sunderland is exactly what the sponsors wanted, neither team's fans really give a **** as they don't expect to be bothering with this competition in the very near future.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That is the worse thing about last night, Pompey & Sunderland is exactly what the sponsors wanted,

You mean the best thing, surely. Good for the sponsors, good for Wembley stadium, good for all the pubs and food outlets/sellers around Wembley, good for football neutrals, good for nine tenths of Bristol... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lenred said:

Just turned over for a laugh. Their ground really is an embarrassment now isn’t it. Seems to have got worse not better. And what on Earth is that ‘family stand’ and how the hell do the people next to it see over it?!  Pitiful. 

That’s the Bristol Energy Addams Family Stand,or to everyone else,a tent.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Is that the stand where confusion reigns as to whether their sisters are their mothers and their uncles are their brothers?

No confusion Red7,the answer is yes.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Yes, the only downside is losing out on the extra income, which, as you know, would have come in useful, given our circumstances. I couldn't bring myself to actually hope for us to lose tonight, but I'm glad that we'll be playing the scheduled league fixture against Luton that weekend - avoiding relegation is the priority.

I'm a boycotter, but, to be honest, at the end of the day money will talk.  If the Premiership dangle a large enough carrot to get their B teams into the league, too many lower league clubs are in financial straights to be able to vote against it.  The revival of the Bristol Derby could be closer than we think! ?

I can't wait for the day when we enter a U21 side in this competition and come up against you. Our U21s beating your first team would almost be as funny as when you became the only Bristol football team to relegated out of the league, especially as you were 3 points clear and you held a survival party before the game.

Que sera sera

Whatever will be, will be

They're going to Westerleigh.

Que sera sera.

What a pathetic bunch of losers. Last night showed the world what a dump of a ground they have, and a team of tramps led by a Dumpty of a manager.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Comic Relief trying to raise money for the poor, "disadvantaged" fools. They're much more needy than all those other deserving causes around the world.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Not sure if anyone else has posted on this but wtf was all that Elton John concert shit with the fag lighters in their gurt hard end ?

I turned it on near the end and saw that. I assumed it was to help Nicholls locate the goal posts - their take on this classic:

image.png.8f7f75e2663ca3b2a458b0df4ad4e688.png

Edited by MC26
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MC26 said:

I turned it on near the end and saw this. I assumed it was to help Nicholls locate the goal posts - their take on this classic:

image.png.8f7f75e2663ca3b2a458b0df4ad4e688.png

That's quite clearly not the Sags ground is it - no tents and far too many seats!!

At least try to make it believable ;)

Rovers have turned into one of those shit lower league clubs that take those terrible generic chants that are just about acceptable at the bigger clubs the originated at and put their own lyrics into them... "if you don't ******* bounce then you're a red", "allez allez allez" and "we support the Rovers" (Palace song) were all heard last night.

They also all turned their phone lights on and were singing "lights on, if you hate the shit".... cringey as ****, I don't think I could sit through 90 minutes of that shit.

18 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Rovers have turned into one of those shit lower league clubs that take those terrible generic chants that are just about acceptable at the bigger clubs the originated at and put their own lyrics into them... "if you don't ******* bounce then you're a red", "allez allez allez" and "we support the Rovers" (Palace song) were all heard last night.

They also all turned their phone lights on and were singing "lights on, if you hate the shit".... cringey as ****, I don't think I could sit through 90 minutes of that shit.

Please, tell me you’re joking

1 minute ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Did they produce this team sheet because they wanted to scare the opposition (bearing in mind that the list of players wouldn't frighten anybody) ... or are they still getting sponsored by The Big Issue?

D06lh8yWsAYN2ac.jpg

There appears to be , unbeknown to the tramp , two squirrels having sex on his face . 

• Haha 1