IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

51 minutes ago, Unan said:

The gas lot are saying that Sunderland performance would hold its own against any championship team ?? 

They really don’t know the gap, Sunderland looked very poor & would take a beating by almost all Championship teams.

Maybe not Ipswich , but you're right, they weren't great, but don't have to be to beat that lot . 

59 minutes ago, Unan said:

The gas lot are saying that Sunderland performance would hold its own against any championship team ?? 

They really don’t know the gap, Sunderland looked very poor & would take a beating by almost all Championship teams.

Sunderland looked poor last night. The fact that looking so poor, yet still head & shoulders above Rovers, should be really concerning to them. 

• Like 1

On the commentary last night was said "Rovers manager, Graham Coughlan says that Jonson Clarke-Harris is a Championship quality striker".

Didn't look much like one to me ... let's see, Tammy Abraham, Teemu Pukki, Neal Maupay, Billy Sharp, Dwight Gayle, Jonson Clarke-Harris. Nope. Sorry.

I know that he's played 57 Championship games for a poor Rotherham team between 2014-17 scoring 9 goals but that doesn't make him a "Championship quality striker" in my eyes, or I suspect most other watchers of the Championship. More bollocks from the 15ers.

(Clarke-Harris was an unused sub for Warnock's Rotherham team in the 1-1 draw at AG, the night that "Lazarus" Halford rose from the dead; so that's his pedigree)

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Que sera sera

Whatever will be, will be

They're going to Westerleigh.

Que sera sera.

What a pathetic bunch of losers. Last night showed the world what a dump of a ground they have, and a team of tramps led by a Dumpty of a manager.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Comic Relief trying to raise money for the poor, "disadvantaged" fools. They're much more needy than all those other deserving causes around the world.

Bristol Rovers,the club where every day is Red Nose Day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Especially if you're a horse.

I’ve now got a mental picture of a horse with a **** off red nose,with cotton wool shoved his nostrils to stop the bleeding.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On the commentary last night was said "Rovers manager, Graham Coughlan says that Jonson Clarke-Harris is a Championship quality striker".

Didn't look much like one to me ... let's see, Tammy Abraham, Teemu Pukki, Neal Maupay, Billy Sharp, Dwight Gayle, Jonson Clarke-Harris. Nope. Sorry.

I know that he's played 57 Championship games for a poor Rotherham team between 2014-17 scoring 9 goals but that doesn't make him a "Championship quality striker" in my eyes, or I suspect most other watchers of the Championship. More bollocks from the 15ers.

(Clarke-Harris was an unused sub for Warnock's Rotherham team in the 1-1 draw at AG, the night that "Lazarus" Halford rose from the dead; so that's his pedigree)

Must be why Coventry let him go :laugh:

2 hours ago, Unan said:

I dont think we're ones to comment about performances against Sunderland :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He didn't put a market value on him then?

25 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Lee Hendrie  was so far up their arse last night it was unbelievable.

Was that who was co-commentating on Sky? The myth has been perpetuated, amazing support, incredible atmosphere as always, they are known for it blah blah blah. Rover's aside, he was crap, bigging up play when nothing really happened etc. He would of probably passed out had he watched the Real v Ajax match.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Scott Wagstaff - a sparingly used midfield player for us managed a very similar return to their "star striker" - 2013–2016 Bristol City 72 apps- 8 Gls. V    2014–2018 Rotherham United 71 (9)

Edited by Port Said Red

28 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Was that who was co-commentating on Sky? The myth has been perpetuated, amazing support, incredible atmosphere as always, they are known for it blah blah blah. Rover's aside, he was crap, bigging up play when nothing really happened etc. He would of probably passed out had he watched the Real v Ajax match.

More like “banged one out”.

57 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He didn't put a market value on him then?

He didn't, though TransferMarkt suggest that the "undisclosed fee" paid to Cov by the 15ers totalled £250k which, as we know, is the going rate for a Championship quality striker. :noexp:

Since Rotherham broke their transfer record in 2014 to sign him from Oldham for £350K his value has gone shooting downwards.

Interestingly, Clarke-Harris was the first ever permanent acquisition of Lee Johnson's managerial career when he signed him for Oldham from Peterborough for £45k. He sold him to Rotherham 18 months later for £350k.

http://oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/80312/young-striker’s-‘fresh-start’

JONSON Clarke-Harris first persuaded his new manager of his talents in one of the biggest games of Athletic’s season - while playing for Bury. 

The powerful 18-year-old striker was causing problems for Athletic in a must-win game at Gigg Lane a month ago. 

While on loan from Peterborough, Clarke-Harris smashed in four goals for the relegated Shakers in 12 appearances — eight of them as a sub. 

That goal tally would gave been five if a goal against Latics hadn’t been disallowed - allowing Athletic to gain a crucial 1-0 victory. 

Johnson had the player watched in the remainder of Bury’s matches and received good reports. 

The task for the strapping forward — Coventry City’s youngest-ever debutant, at 16 years and 21 days — is to develop his career under Johnson's tutelage. 

“He is young, big, strong and quick,” Johnson said. “And those sorts of players are very difficult to come by at this level. 

“He has a lot to do - but the ingredients are there for him to be anything he wants to be in the game.” 

The 12-month, one-year-option deal makes him the first permanent acquisition of Johnson's reign as manager. 

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

5 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Rovers have turned into one of those shit lower league clubs that take those terrible generic chants that are just about acceptable at the bigger clubs the originated at and put their own lyrics into them... "if you don't ******* bounce then you're a red", "allez allez allez" and "we support the Rovers" (Palace song) were all heard last night.

They also all turned their phone lights on and were singing "lights on, if you hate the shit".... cringey as ****, I don't think I could sit through 90 minutes of that shit.

The lights are on but nobody’s home - story of their season with their pathetic attendances.

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Did they produce this team sheet because they wanted to scare the opposition (bearing in mind that the list of players wouldn't frighten anybody) ... or are they still getting sponsored by The Big Issue?

D06lh8yWsAYN2ac.jpg

There was a time, many moons ago, when you'd know Rovers starting 11 by name and sight. Nowadays I don't have a clue who any of this lot are, that's just how insignificant they've become :D  

• Like 2

It’s ok Gasheads, I know you’re all disappointed this morning after your dreams of taking 60k to Wembley to roar on ‘da Gaaaz’ were dashed last night but just remember.....

Citys under 23s lost against Forest under 23s this week ?

There you go...doesn’t that feel better?

(Obviously we won the actual League fixture which is what really matters but don’t worry about that.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

There was a time, many moons ago, when you'd know Rovers starting 11 by name and sight. Nowadays I don't have a clue who any of this lot are, that's just how insignificant they've become :D  

Surely you've heard of Tom Nicholls, the ready made replacement for matty Taylor... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Did they produce this team sheet because they wanted to scare the opposition (bearing in mind that the list of players wouldn't frighten anybody) ... or are they still getting sponsored by The Big Issue?

D06lh8yWsAYN2ac.jpg

If I was a sag and that was a list of our players,it would frighten the **** out of me.

Next 5 fixtures;

Saturday 9th March     Scunthorpe United15:00Bristol Rovers

•  

Tuesday 12th March     Gillingham19:45Bristol Rovers

•  

Saturday 16th March     Bristol Rovers15:00Charlton Athletic

•  

Saturday 23rd March     Plymouth Argyle15:00Bristol Rovers

•  

Tuesday 26th March      Doncaster Rovers19:45Bristol Rovers

They'll do well to get 5 points out of that  :shocking:

•  

9 hours ago, Red7 said:

You mean the best thing, surely. Good for the sponsors, good for Wembley stadium, good for all the pubs and food outlets/sellers around Wembley, good for football neutrals, good for nine tenths of Bristol... 

I don't care that Rovers aren't there, but I think Pompey v Sunderland is the worst thing for football. Many City fans have had a great time watching this competition and I suspect/hope that most of them remember that rather than think '**** it, not our problem anymore'

• Like 5