IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Random idea and haven't fully thought this through. What if the FA and EFL scrapped the EFL trophy. But then scrapped Prem teams from the League Cup. Essentially blend the EFL Trophy and League Cup and then rebadge it as the "EFL Cup", only open to the 72 EFL teams. None of the Prem teams care about the LC anyway.

Interesting idea, and funnily enough some successful managers did/do take it seriously. Pep and Jose enjoyed winning it. Maybe allow Prem teams to apply to enter , but not make it compulsory , then you know if they're in it they want to be in it.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I certainly hope City are never in it again, but Pompey vs Sunderland is exactly what the sponsors would have wanted and it will be a big crowd at Wembley, completely undermining any boycotts made by other clubs during earlier rounds.

Boycotting the competition (despite boycotting every home league fixture anyway) was what the majority of the Sags were banging on about during the earlier rounds, then all of a sudden with Wembley within touching distance out of the window it went, ‘we never get to Wembley again’ and ‘the club need the money’ excuses come rolling out, didn’t matter anyway as Sunderland sorted that out. 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well come on. This has to be the next gift. 

Got to be a few piss takes with this. ?

30DFC59A-CF0F-4381-BDCB-468FCA47BF1B.png

I can just imagine it... An argument broke out about the quantity (lacking) of horse meat in the burgers. The perpetrator came back, dressed as skeletor, armed with a tent pole and attacked the vendor - who tried to defend himself with a barrel of Fanja Orange. Note the blood splatters on the weathered, off-white, plastic chairs. 

First on the scene was Robbored who took the victim to hospital in his minibus. The victim was announced dead on arrival. Rumours circulate a sheed done it, but BCFC deny any affiliation with the chair of the Ian Holloway fan club. 

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Random idea and haven't fully thought this through. What if the FA and EFL scrapped the EFL trophy. But then scrapped Prem teams from the League Cup. Essentially blend the EFL Trophy and League Cup and then rebadge it as the "EFL Cup", only open to the 72 EFL teams. None of the Prem teams care about the LC anyway.

Interesting idea - although there already is an ‘EFL Cup’ - as long as no U21 teams were involved it could work - I’m not sure I agree that ‘none of the prem teams care about the league cup’ though, but interesting thoughts EA...

23 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Given the triple trouncing this season I hear the Mackams have just turned Commodore:

"Thanks for the times that you've given us,
The memories are all in our mind.
And now that you've come
To the end of your rainbow,
There's something we must sing out loud!

Your once, twice
Three times a LOSER...."

Easy like Sunday League 

• Like 1

The thing I don't get about the Checkatrade is why none of the Premier under 23's seem to make the latter stages of the competition, are they told to leave the competition at a certain stage by losing ? Surely one of the under 23's would have made the semi finals by now or is it just pure luck or bad luck that they haven't ? Would the sponsors want Swansea u23,s v Bournemouth u23,s in the final at Wembley.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The thing I don't get about the Checkatrade is why none of the Premier under 23's seem to make the latter stages of the competition, are they told to leave the competition at a certain stage by losing ? Surely one of the under 23's would have made the semi finals by now or is it just pure luck or bad luck that they haven't ? Would the sponsors want Swansea u23,s v Bournemouth u23,s in the final at Wembley.

Good point.

I don't believe that any Div 3 club could beat a full strength Chelsea u23s, for example, so I think the big clubs are deliberately fielding weakened sides in the later stages so that you don't get the nightmare outcome you suggest.

It does look like it's paving the way for premiership reserve teams getting into the lower leagues.

Currently I think there's a Level 10 top limit. In the South West Peninsula League, level 10, there is a Plymouth Argyle u23 team who are always in the top two which is unsurprising given their professional back up and full time players being up against part timers getting changed in a hut.

The Freight Rover ingress of such teams looks to be part of an attempt to start creeping that level 10 upwards into the conference and ultimately the league.

11 hours ago, BobbyC said:

mine came ready loaded with kodi and mobdro and are fantastic for sport,films,atlantic etc.

I have not tried these as mine was already loaded

https://www.firesticktricks.com/install-kodi-on-fire-stick.html

https://www.firesticktricks.com/mobdro-firestick.html

Cheers mate, I accidentally deleted Kodi etc from my Firestick, been looking for a way to get it back

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

I most clubs have their better under 23’s players out on loan, just as we do. 

I don’t think the standard of remaining youngsters is that high, and for those that are very young, but with potential, they are just getting them ready to go out on loan in the coming seasons. 

“Reserve” teams are nothing like they used to be in the past, with most clubs now preferring that their players go out on loan, (usually for big fees) rather than just knock around the club playing reserve games. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Good point.

I don't believe that any Div 3 club could beat a full strength Chelsea u23s, for example, so I think the big clubs are deliberately fielding weakened sides in the later stages so that you don't get the nightmare outcome you suggest.

It does look like it's paving the way for premiership reserve teams getting into the lower leagues.

Currently I think there's a Level 10 top limit. In the South West Peninsula League, level 10, there is a Plymouth Argyle u23 team who are always in the top two which is unsurprising given their professional back up and full time players being up against part timers getting changed in a hut.

The Freight Rover ingress of such teams looks to be part of an attempt to start creeping that level 10 upwards into the conference and ultimately the league.

Back in the 60s, City youths used to play in the Western league.

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

No offence to Sunderland but their performance was nowhere near Championship standard and the Mackems probably know that. Far too good for the scum certainly but, with all possible respect to them, not a 'Championship performance' as described by the methane snorters. FFS, like the cave dwellers would know what a Championship performance looked like! 

IF Sunderland came back up, I've no doubt they would strengthen and compete at Championship level but they wouldn't be naive enough to call their performance a 'Championship' one. 

Of course they would, their most important game of the week is us.

12 hours ago, BobbyC said:

mine came ready loaded with kodi and mobdro and are fantastic for sport,films,atlantic etc.

I have not tried these as mine was already loaded

https://www.firesticktricks.com/install-kodi-on-fire-stick.html

https://www.firesticktricks.com/mobdro-firestick.html

Just go on youtube and look for "install kodi" and then "latest kodi build". Or just get IPTV for around £60 for a year subscription which is in a different league to Kodi. Get all the City matches and iFollow games on there as well

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Gas fan sucking Sunderland’s ass on Twitter & the Mackem replies thanking Bristol City ? OTIB

That is an absolute beaut of a reply from the Sunderland fan! 

Especially as the only reason the dim gastard even posted it was to get something like “cheers mate. We’ve all always preferred your club to “da shit”. You are the best supporters in the world ever” 

OTIB! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, TomF said:

They harped on about WBA not being all that in the Champ when we got beat by them waaaay back in 2008. Kept saying the champ wasn’t much better than L1.

Then they got battered 5-0 at the swamp in FA cup by them.  Ishmael Miller tore them a new one - remember him?

They never learn.

Wasn't that shown live on the Beeb if memory serves and Mark Bright bemoaned how crap 'Irene' was? Not to mention the sag who gave the anchor wave at a passing camera, causing the commentator to profusely apologise. Good old family club strikes again :D

15 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well come on. This has to be the next gift. 

Got to be a few piss takes with this. ?

30DFC59A-CF0F-4381-BDCB-468FCA47BF1B.png

Wally bumped off the guy who received the other £9.7 million that came in for Taylor.....Mystery solved. 

16 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Wasn't that shown live on the Beeb if memory serves and Mark Bright bemoaned how crap 'Irene' was? Not to mention the sag who gave the anchor wave at a passing camera, causing the commentator to profusely apologise. Good old family club strikes again :D

On a related note (it may be an urban myth) but it’s my understanding that in the BBC Radio commentary of the Tinnion>Liverpool game Alan Green commented on the lines of...

”Bristol Rovers of course played here in the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago. What was it they were singing...Come On Eileen?”

Even their anthem is forgettable dirge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2