IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

The old Glos Cup pre season between City and Rovers was far better for us than present set up

I used to enjoy those games, personally, but there is simply no need to risk bringing them back in. 

If Rovers really want to play is again, then they need to pull their finger out. If they can’t get themselves up & out of league one, then they at least need to start getting through to the same round of the FA Cup as we enter the competition. 

#mindthegap

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't care that Rovers aren't there, but I think Pompey v Sunderland is the worst thing for football. Many City fans have had a great time watching this competition and I suspect/hope that most of them remember that rather than think '**** it, not our problem anymore'

I do have some sympathy with you Miah; I actually have a slightly different viewpoint. Going all the way to the semi final should have brought increased interest the longer your club went in the competition. Unfortunately the Checkatrade trophy has been ruined by the influx of U23 sides. The sponsors have lost their way in what the competition is all about which is a cup competition for lower league sides who have the opportunity to win a trophy played at Wembley stadium.

Try asking the thousands of Walsall fans the last time we were there what it meant to them going to Wembley for the first time in their proud history.

Therefore your fans have been deprived of that added excitement and your club of the revenue that was felt when you played Doncaster [I think] in a previous final.

I think the powers that run the competition have been very patronising to the lower league clubs, and by "devaluing" the competition they have also cost those clubs any welcome additional revenue they would have enjoyed using the old format.

I hope it changes for next season but sadly, I have my doubts.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

I do have some sympathy with you Miah; I actually have a slightly different viewpoint. Going all the way to the semi final should have brought increased interest the longer your club went in the competition. Unfortunately the Checkatrade trophy has been ruined by the influx of U23 sides. The sponsors have lost their way in what the competition is all about which is a cup competition for lower league sides who have the opportunity to win a trophy played at Wembley stadium.

Try asking the thousands of Walsall fans the last time we were there what it meant to them going to Wembley for the first time in their proud history.

Therefore your fans have been deprived of that added excitement and your club of the revenue that was felt when you played Doncaster [I think] in a previous final.

I think the powers that run the competition have been very patronising to the lower league clubs, and by "devaluing" the competition they have also cost those clubs any welcome additional revenue they would have enjoyed using the old format.

I hope it changes for next season but sadly, I have my doubts.

What is needed to really screw over the Checkatrade Trophy is a final involving Stoke and Swansea under 21s

I see they're off again....

Build and 7,500 seater in the car park (Main stand). Moved the ground over build a 6,000 all seater on the West side. A 5,000 at the Thatchers end; 1,600 at the South end. Max 21,500. Not big enough.

Not only is this methane loser deluded, as usual, thinking a 21,500 stadium isn't big enough for a club that average around 7,500 (I guess) but he / she / it is shit at maths and basic English as well. 

One thing all but the most intelligent saggies are missing is the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUILD THEIR NEW METHANARIUM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Build and 7,500 seater in the car park (Main stand). Moved the ground over build a 6,000 all seater on the West side. A 5,000 at the Thatchers end; 1,600 at the South end. Max 21,500. Not big enough.

Not only is this methane loser deluded, as usual, thinking a 21,500 stadium isn't big enough for a club that average around 7,500 (I guess) but he / she / it is shit at maths and basic English as well. 

One thing all but the most intelligent saggies are missing is the fact that they DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO BUILD THEIR NEW METHANARIUM. 

What really bothers them is even if that fantasy came true it would still be smaller than our place!

• Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, Icelandic Clap said:

Wasn't that shown live on the Beeb if memory serves and Mark Bright bemoaned how crap 'Irene' was? Not to mention the sag who gave the anchor wave at a passing camera, causing the commentator to profusely apologise. Good old family club strikes again :D

Wally bumped off the guy who received the other £9.7 million that came in for Taylor.....Mystery solved. 

When Rovers played Forest Green in the rain during their glory days of Non League football the game was shown live in BT Sport and Clem said “Bristol Rovers fans singing their anthem ‘Come on Eileen’”. It really was a joy to witness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hmmm...so 7.5k + 6k + 5k +1.6k = 21.5k? Oh dear. Already inflating their (pretend) max capacity by 1.4k, or 6.96%. Going forward, maybe this should be known as the 'locked out' ratio....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Hmmm...so 7.5k + 6k + 5k +1.6k = 21.5k? Oh dear. Already inflating their (pretend) max capacity by 1.4k, or 6.96%. Going forward, maybe this should be known as the 'locked out' ratio....?

For some reason, that made me properly laugh out loud! 

Bravo BR. :clap:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

First build a 7500 seater stand in the car park,second,leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

So tomorrow's question;

Who will be the **** in S****thorpe?

I know they exaggerate their away followings, but surely there’s going to be more than just one of them. 

It’s bound to be a case of who will be the **n*s in S****thorpe. Plural..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't help but think of the old joke (?) , if typhoon put the tea in Britain , who put the **** in Scunthorpe . One for the kids there.

in the old days that word was filtered out. I assume that back in the day it was because Jeremy was a c you next Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Found this on page 2 with no post for 21 hours! Is it because we're coming for you again?

Haha fair one, not happened much this season but you winning and us losing, enjoy it.

I honestly don't mind if you stayed up, looking on the outside your club is going absolutely nowhere, no new stadium plans, rookie manager, an owner who Is so skint he can't even pay for full time coaches.. ??

Can see you struggling for a while.. 

5 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Haha fair one, not happened much this season but you winning and us losing, enjoy it.

I honestly don't mind if you stayed up, looking on the outside your club is going absolutely nowhere, no new stadium plans, rookie manager, an owner who Is so skint he can't even pay for full time coaches.. ??

Can see you struggling for a while.. 

We were saying this today. Even if they scab their way to survival this season the next one will just be more of the same with no investment in the club or players and the mem continuing to fall apart.

Admin is just a matter of time so we just have to keep our powder dry until the inevitable happens.

For me, as a Rovers fan, I have to admit that your club and fanbase is much bigger than Rovers. But to claim Rovers are going absolutely nowhere is ridiculous. If you take the league table since Coughlan took over we're in a playoff spot. Clarke-Harris has 5 goals in 6 games. Holmes-Dennis looks to be a player that we could sell in the future for a massive profit. The fact is our problems this season came from Clarke's favourites and a lack of a strikeforce and finishing ability. In terms of expected goals we're much better than the teams around us and are on the same level as a team like Fleetwood in that respect. With a few additions, preferably a RB, a winger or two and a striker to replace Jakubiak (assuming we don't sign Bonham), we could easily be top half of league 1. I just think your fans are laughably optimistic about the lack of quality at Rovers just because we lost to a team which is too big for the Championship, let alone League 1 a couple of times. Plus City are on awful form as Johnson always does in the second half of the season. I'd be shocked if you got a playoff place, and if Johnson leaves then what then? Obviously i'm not denying that in terms of owners and funds and stadiums we're miles behind, but you don't need high attendances to be a successful team. Brentford only get 9k on average. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bodin said:

For me, as a Rovers fan, I have to admit that your club and fanbase is much bigger than Rovers. But to claim Rovers are going absolutely nowhere is ridiculous. If you take the league table since Coughlan took over we're in a playoff spot. Clarke-Harris has 5 goals in 6 games. Holmes-Dennis looks to be a player that we could sell in the future for a massive profit. The fact is our problems this season came from Clarke's favourites and a lack of a strikeforce and finishing ability. In terms of expected goals we're much better than the teams around us and are on the same level as a team like Fleetwood in that respect. With a few additions, preferably a RB, a winger or two and a striker to replace Jakubiak (assuming we don't sign Bonham), we could easily be top half of league 1. I just think your fans are laughably optimistic about the lack of quality at Rovers just because we lost to a team which is too big for the Championship, let alone League 1 a couple of times. Plus City are on awful form as Johnson always does in the second half of the season. I'd be shocked if you got a playoff place, and if Johnson leaves then what then? Obviously i'm not denying that in terms of owners and funds and stadiums we're miles behind, but you don't need high attendances to be a successful team. Brentford only get 9k on average. 

?

4 hours ago, bodin said:

Think you need to look up the definition of going nowhere, thats the best you can hope for this season.

Rovers could only dream of Brentford's infrastructure. If you ever fluked it to the Champ as L1 is such a poor league, it'd kill your club for years. See Yeovil.

5 hours ago, bodin said:

May of well just wrote about your players in Chinese as I’ve never even heard of them. Without a new stadium I’m sorry but you really aren’t going anywhere, no investments, no decent income, shit attendances = shit club, shit fans, going nowhere.

• Like 3