IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

@bodin 

You don't even need that good of a scouting network, invite a few players down to trial, hell the Nike Academy and V9 have spit out a lot of good players recently.

Really !! This is what I mean about your delusion as a fan base. Our infrastructure has taken years to build and millions to build it. Our scouting network has grown massively over the last few years but it’s taken the infrastructure in place to achieve it.  You think you can just invite a few players ! ?? yeah it’s that easy ain’t it . 

Youre not playing a computer game mate. 

As regards mcgeedy. What I’m trying to get across is you saw him as a really good player to playing at league one level . The step up to championship is that big though that he’s below average to say the least. No disrespect but we do watch championship football regularly so we have a true reflection of how good he really is. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

If statistics actually worked with football results, I would win the pools every week. Unfortunately for me and you they don't.

The majority of the time a team is odd-on to win, they win, and they're odds-on because of stats. Hence they do work.

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I’ve seen enough to know how obsessed with City your fans are. Outside of this I have heard your fans more concerned about how “da shit” are getting on rather than care about how their own team is getting on.

I think it probably was born out of your clubs original “City relegation party” threads / Facebook groups. 

This thread has gone on for so long because you belters keep serving us up with gifts aplenty.

I’ll list a few....

Celebrating staying up at Wycombe and going out of the football league the following week.

Being sent down by a guy wearing a Rovers away shirt.

Barrow, Bath, Chesham, Barnet

Horse punching

Thousands locked out

6th richest club in England 

Boob cricket 

Punching Braintree players in the back of the net

Santa’s Grotto

Condemned Pasty Shack

Championship ready sprinklers

Hello! Unlucky the shit.

Watertight Sainsbury’s contract

Evolution not Revolution (These things take time)

Two divorces 

The family club with a horrendous record of banning orders 

Tents 

The colony (Game changer)

White plastic chairs

The pipe dream stadium

Always the victim 

Dean Windass worship

Doncaster United

£10 Million Snake

The list is endless.....

Tinpot bunch of belters. ?

We're an obsessed fanbase and yet you proceed to mention every single embarrassing thing that's happened to Rovers, on a forum called "one team in Bristol" on a thread that's 3 and a half years long (a lot of the stuff you named was before) about a rival fanbase that's apparently "obsessed with our team." Can't remember the last time I saw a City related thread on Gas Chat, hell, the only thing I've seen City related in weeks was that post about your U23 team, which was shot down by every single Rovers fan who commented. Also, quick question, how is worshipping Dean Windass embarrassing, but making multiple banners about Colin Daniel not?

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

So you’ve seen the contract or negotiated it?

Why would any club, selling or buying, agree a clause that was optional? The buying club would just always choose not to pay it, why would they? It makes 0 sense.

2 hours ago, City exile 79 said:

Newcastle 

I missed share a city, a team with as big a quality gap as Rovers and City have that shares a city with their rivals. Minus London of course because of their 8.1 million population.

2 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Good grief bodin get a life. Your teams shit, you will be shit for a few years, no one will ever take your club seriously, 

Okay Ron, take care.

2 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Safe travels to the 97* going to the Gills tonight, I wish you a shit deflating journey home.

*yep I counted them from the pic of the same match last season (AND that was a Saturday)

Our away crowds have been awful since Sunderland tbh

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Portsmouth 

That share a city

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

@bodin 

You don't even need that good of a scouting network, invite a few players down to trial, hell the Nike Academy and V9 have spit out a lot of good players recently.

Really !! This is what I mean about your delusion as a fan base. Our infrastructure has taken years to build and millions to build it. Our scouting network has grown massively over the last few years but it’s taken the infrastructure in place to achieve it.  You think you can just invite a few players ! ?? yeah it’s that easy ain’t it . 

Youre not playing a computer game mate. 

As regards mcgeedy. What I’m trying to get across is you saw him as a really good player to playing at league one level . The step up to championship is that big though that he’s below average to say the least. No disrespect but we do watch championship football regularly so we have a true reflection of how good he really is. 

The difference is your scouting network spots players from all over Europe. That's why you've got Swedish players and I think at some point an Icelandic player or two. You even have a history of buying strikers from France. Rovers don't need that. If fans like pirate on gaschat (he's got a thread on young non-league players Rovers should target, very educated on the subject) can see a player Rovers should sign from non-league, I can't believe a random guy in his spare time could do a better scouting job than what Rovers are doing. Of course it's not that easy, but trials for non-league players could be a very effective way of trying to find young talent. I just don't see an attacking player whose scored 15 goals in the league over 2 seasons as below average. Ellis Harrison is below average for the Championship. Yes you do watch the Championship, but you're not a Preston/Sunderland fan so besides games against them how well could you really know?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

7k is about your average .

8k is our average. But in a 12k capacity stadium. And if your argument was Rovers crowds are awful, and I asked you to name a bigger fanbase from the least-supported club of a two club city with as big a quality gap as Rovers and City, and you name a club who gets less than us. 

4 hours ago, bodin said:

Yep, was good in his first spell after he was appointed. Which he should have been given Cotterill was underperforming. In his second season you were in 11th place in gameweek 19. Albeit a bit earlier than the midway point. You then had a spell of 8 losses in a row, 8! Which put you in 20th in gameweek 27, you then collected 8/27 points from your next 9 games. You then picked your form up a lot, but you did have a humilating loss 5-0 to Preston and you finished 17th. And then you had last season

On 11/03/2019 at 18:19, 54-46 said:

So the same as your man then after an under performing Clarke? Can we at least have stats from a certain date each season please? I said from Feb as we you stated we are on our usual LJ second half season downturn - and up  until then we were wining every week (this season). Are you now quoting periods when it  seems to suits your own little agenda???

11 minutes ago, bodin said:

8k is our average. But in a 12k capacity stadium. And if your argument was Rovers crowds are awful, and I asked you to name a bigger fanbase from the least-supported club of a two club city with as big a quality gap as Rovers and City, and you name a club who gets less than us. 

Notts county didn't see Vincent Vega post 

Edited by h hills left shoe

2 minutes ago, bodin said:

What has the size of the ground got to do with it ? You and your sags use this a lot like a badge of honour, I don't understand it. You twist your poor attendance to fit your mythical huge following , but the fact is you're average at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

So the same as your man then after an under performing Clarke? Can we at least have stats from a certain date each season please? I said from Feb as we you stated we are on our usual LJ second half season downturn - and up  until then we were wining every week (this season). Are you now quoting periods when it  seems to suits your own little agenda???

A half season downturn occurs halfway through the season, when 23 games have been played. You want us to start from February, which is 29 games into the season. Hence not the halfway point. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

What has the size of the ground got to do with it ? You and your sags use this a lot like a badge of honour, I don't understand it. You twist your poor attendance to fit your mythical huge following , but the fact is you're average at best.

I haven't said any different, and the point is I think it's more embarrassing for a club to have a club with a larger amount of unsold tickets. This doesn't affect my argument and isn't even a point, but if your stadium capacity was 30k, compared to 12k (I know Notts County's is 20k it's just an example, before you say I'm twisting the numbers), wouldn't you prefer your 8k attendance to be in the 12k stadium? Genuine question. 

4 minutes ago, bodin said:

I haven't said any different, and the point is I think it's more embarrassing for a club to have a club with a larger amount of unsold tickets. This doesn't affect my argument and isn't even a point, but if your stadium capacity was 30k, compared to 12k (I know Notts County's is 20k it's just an example, before you say I'm twisting the numbers), wouldn't you prefer your 8k attendance to be in the 12k stadium? Genuine question. 

I would prefer 12k tickets sold in a 12k stadium like we did in 2014/15., only had the three stands. Using your logic what would be the point of you getting a new 20k stadium that was chased for years just for 8k of you to show up.

5 minutes ago, bodin said:

A half season downturn occurs halfway through the season, when 23 games have been played. You want us to start from February, which is 29 games into the season. Hence not the halfway point. 

So our season downturn stared after 23 games, thanks for pointing that out.

So after our 23 games this season at half way we have since then played 11 games in the Championship and won 7, drew 2 and lost 3 - therefore that is 23 points in 11 games = play off / promotion form.

8 minutes ago, bodin said:

No, 8k is 8k in no matter what size stadium it is. May as well sell the Mem for a quid and get a 5k stadium and shout from the rooftops that you sell it out - and have loads locked out!! What a belter

7 minutes ago, wood_red said:

February isn't halfway through the season mate, going off of the 2016-17 season, the halfway point is obviously when 23 league matches have been played. February begins on gameweek 29.

Yes Clarke was under-performing, he became frustrated that the team he had tried to build kept taking several hits. 

It seems we're in dispute over the 2016/17 season, as you've agreed the 2017/18 was a downturn in form from the halfway point, and I've agreed that the 2015/16 season is a counterexample to that, albeit the form of a new manager with a lot of underperforming players. 

From gameweek 24, you played 23 games, a maximum of 69 points. You received 27 from my count. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I counted 7 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses.

That's not too poor to be honest, maybe i'll reevaluate my theory, that City always have a long-lasting patch under Johnson of awful form every season. 

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I would prefer 12k tickets sold in a 12k stadium like we did in 2014/15., only had the three stands. Using your logic what would be the point of you getting a new 20k stadium that was chased for years just for 8k of you to show up.

A nicer stadium for the possibility of attracting more fans, because let's be honest the Mem is a ******* shithole. 

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

No, 8k is 8k in no matter what size stadium it is. May as well sell the Mem for a quid and get a 5k stadium and shout from the rooftops that you sell it out - and have loads locked out!! What a belter

I know I'd much rather see a stadium that was near-full than a stadium half empty. Of course the 5k stadium thing is too far but maybe i'd care less about the Mem if 1. it wasn't a shit stadium and 2. we had an owner who backed us. 

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

A nicer stadium for the possibility of attracting more fans, because let's be honest the Mem is a ******* shithole. 

But their genuinely is no evidence that this would be the case, history shows anytime your club has had anything of value you sell it. You will sell the Mem to survive administration and history will repeat itself.

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I'M OUT. Make it up as you go along to suit whatever you want by the post.

Not at all, I even admitted I was wrong but can you not say Johnson's not had sustained periods of horrific form in the seasons 16/17 and 17/18 and it looks like it's happening again atm

32 minutes ago, bodin said:

A city the size of Bristol ffs it’s not hard to work out. Although you haven’t been on the same level as us in 18 years , you haven’t averaged over 10,000 since the 1970’s . Therefore your fanbase has been historically poor 

1 hour ago, bodin said:

We're an obsessed fanbase and yet you proceed to mention every single embarrassing thing that's happened to Rovers, on a forum called "one team in Bristol" on a thread that's 3 and a half years long (a lot of the stuff you named was before) about a rival fanbase that's apparently "obsessed with our team." Can't remember the last time I saw a City related thread on Gas Chat, hell, the only thing I've seen City related in weeks was that post about your U23 team, which was shot down by every single Rovers fan who commented. Also, quick question, how is worshipping Dean Windass embarrassing, but making multiple banners about Colin Daniel not?

Oh don’t worry, there is plenty more gifts that I missed off. As I said, the list is endless.

You’re not allowed to discuss Teds on Sagchat as you pretend we don’t exist....well you did until we bought old Snakey from you....then you had a total meltdown.

Dean Windass - 2008

Colin Daniel - 2014

Again, only mocking what you lot started.

That’s the difference. We can dish it out and take it. Your mob can’t even bear to mention ‘The Shit’ without throwing your teddies out of the pram and start acting like victims begging other clubs to love you.

Long may you continue to give it the biggun to they gert sheeds, before delivering more belting gifts that enable us to mock you back ten fold.

Tick tock. You’re coming for us.....

F93DBC6D-187D-4E1E-8584-1E51A8BE1605.png

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bodin said:

Not at all, I even admitted I was wrong but can you not say Johnson's not had sustained periods of horrific form in the seasons 16/17 and 17/18 and it looks like it's happening again atm

It's understandable that you haven't gone to Gillingham to support your shambles of a club, but you'd rather be on here instead of concentrating on your own match. Yep, A1 belter.

18 minutes ago, bodin said:

But you lot are so loyal and true apparently. If you played in the street you watch from the pavement apparently . Prefer terracing compared to a soulless bowl the UWE was going to be apparently. 

So what you’re saying is . You only turn up in numbers if you had nice comfortable seats to sit in. 

It doesn’t matter how big your ground is, you still only get 8,000 . Loyal and true ? load of bollocks  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bodin said:

Stoke and Port Vale

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Stoke and Port Vale

Average home attendance of Port Vale is 4,271, and they only look to be going down with their owner, have a mate who's a Port Vale fan and their owner's a lot worse than our's.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But you lot are so loyal and true apparently. If you played in the street you watch from the pavement apparently . Prefer terracing compared to a soulless bowl the UWE was going to be apparently. 

So what you’re saying is . You only turn up in numbers if you had nice comfortable seats to sit in. 

It doesn’t matter how big your ground is, you still only get 8,000 . Loyal and true ? load of bollocks  

Did I say loyal and true? And probably long-term yes, the Mem is that bad. A shiny new stadium is bound to attract more fans than the tents.

9 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

It's understandable that you haven't gone to Gillingham to support your shambles of a club, but you'd rather be on here instead of concentrating on your own match. Yep, A1 belter.

I'm actually on the coach home from the match, Clarke-Harris scored a screamer. I went on this at halftime and i'm on it now. 

11 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Oh don’t worry, there is plenty more gifts that I missed off. As I said, the list is endless.

You’re not allowed to discuss Teds on Sagchat as you pretend we don’t exist....well you did until we bought old Snakey from you....then you had a total meltdown.

Dean Windass - 2008

Colin Daniel - 2014

Again, only mocking what you lot started.

That’s the difference. We can dish it out and take it. Your mob can’t even bear to mention ‘The Shit’ without throwing your teddies out of the pram and start acting like victims begging other clubs to love you.

Long may you continue to give it the biggun to they gert sheeds, before delivering more belting gifts that enable us to mock you back ten fold.

Tick tock. You’re coming for us.....

F93DBC6D-187D-4E1E-8584-1E51A8BE1605.png

The post seems to be light-hearted, although I could be wrong but I think you're taking it too literally. So we never talk about you on our forum, but yet we're obsessed? Just seems ridiculously hypocritical. 

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A city the size of Bristol ffs it’s not hard to work out. Although you haven’t been on the same level as us in 18 years , you haven’t averaged over 10,000 since the 1970’s . Therefore your fanbase has been historically poor 

Give an example of a city the size of Bristol  or bigger then, a two-club city, where the club on the lower-end have as big a quality gap as Rovers and City do, and they get a lot more fans than Rovers at games? Excluding London of course. Also couldn't you use the exact same argument for saying your crowds should be bigger than they are? Especially considering your investment and media spotlight? Again, not a dig, a genuine question. And in case you go "yes but our crowds are better than yours," I've never said City aren't miles ahead of Rovers. In fact i've said it repeatedly and yet a lot of the fans in this thread are still trying to paint the picture I think all the things that the most stupid of the Rovers fanbase believe. 

4 minutes ago, bodin said:

Average home attendance of Port Vale is 4,271, and they only look to be going down with their owner, have a mate who's a Port Vale fan and their owner's a lot worse than our's.

Did I say loyal and true? And probably long-term yes, the Mem is that bad. A shiny new stadium is bound to attract more fans than the tents.

I'm actually on the coach home from the match, Clarke-Harris scored a screamer. I went on this at halftime and i'm on it now. 

The post seems to be light-hearted, although I could be wrong but I think you're taking it too literally. So we never talk about you on our forum, but yet we're obsessed? Just seems ridiculously hypocritical. 

Give an example of a city the size of Bristol  or bigger then, a two-club city, where the club on the lower-end have as big a quality gap as Rovers and City do, and they get a lot more fans than Rovers at games? Excluding London of course. Also couldn't you use the exact same argument for saying your crowds should be bigger than they are? Especially considering your investment and media spotlight? Again, not a dig, a genuine question. And in case you go "yes but our crowds are better than yours," I've never said City aren't miles ahead of Rovers. In fact i've said it repeatedly and yet a lot of the fans in this thread are still trying to paint the picture I think all the things that the most stupid of the Rovers fanbase believe. 

On the coach, ha ha ha. Belter. Look at the times of your comments. You must have left 20 minutes before the end. Still what more should we expect, gas logic. Or where you one of the 10000 locked out. Wum, belter. Still fair play for the amount of time your prepared to spend giving us a laugh.

14 minutes ago, bodin said:

I'm actually on the coach home from the match, Clarke-Harris scored a screamer. 

Let me get this straight. 

You've travelled the width of the country on a Tuesday night to watch your side. You've seen your side win and yet you've spent time during the match posting on your rivals forum? 

Right... 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bodin said:

Get the **** off our forum you ******* bell-end. You're a ******* embarrassment to Bristol.

The sooner you go into Administration and disappear up your own shite pipe the better.

If it wasn't for my Mrs, she's 5ft 2 (I'm 6ft 2 and 17st of rage) and just about keeps my temper in check I'd be in a lot of trouble. Whenever I see one of you sad pathetic ******* in that puke up shirt I just want to rip your face off. Lucky for the **** in B&Q the other day as he nearly had some decking :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1