IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently we are 'crying' over their promotion video that shows our ground... 

Crying with laughter would be more accurate... 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14085/82ers-crying

It's rather hilarious actually, the post have, as per usual, made a story out of nothing and they've completely lapped it up, thinking that the fact that they've used the suspension bridge in their season ticket video has angered us ??

The strangest, most deluded set of supporters in world football by a country mile that lot, weirdos the lot of them. Why on earth would them producing a video ‘get our backs up?’ I found it made them look even more stupid than they already do if that was even possible, I’d be fuming if BCFC used a video promoting our season tickets featuring that shithole that they call home, but no the fewers actually think it was done as some sort of wind up towards BCFC!! I’d love to know how this is supposed to wind anyone up??

Then there’s those on Sagchat, banging on about the usual 82 digs that really do get to me. Not! :facepalm: and how we have no history ? now I was born after 82 so as far as I’m concerned, since we were so say ‘formed’ we’ve won more since then than they have in a 100 odd years, I’d say the jokes you Saggies, can drop your hilarious ‘franchise’ dig too as you may want to look up what a franchise actually is, when you do you’ll realise that, there’s only 1 club in this City of ours that’s packed up and pissed off elsewhere and it ain’t us. One last thing, I’ve never heard anyone let alone a BCFC supporter claim the suspension bridge ??? you absolute morons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

With Hollowhead dancing in front of the enclosure, at the final whistle of one game at AG (the Gary Smart game, at a guess). 

A very, very low point in my life !

Didn’t see him doing that in 96 though did we ? think he shit himself more than the police horses that day!

’I thought I was going to die’ Monday’s Evening Post headline ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It's rather hilarious actually, the post have, as per usual, made a story out of nothing and they've completely lapped it up, thinking that the fact that they've used the suspension bridge in their season ticket video has angered us ??

Steady on with that sort of terminology, "their promotion video". The sad deluded support base will think they're playing in the championship next season.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

Steady on with that sort of terminology, "their promotion video". The sad deluded support base will think they're playing in the championship next season.

Oh, I wish they were. The teams that get promoted on merit (including ourselves) find it a massive step up. God knows how it would feel to play at Championship level when your squad is contending for the 4th Division.

• Like 1

Oooh, 82ers! My we are really bothered about that one from the 15ers mind! ? ? They are even talking about ‘Ted Logic’ FFS! They are so unoriginal. Shows they read this thread then, even though they refuse to admit it. Stick a baby in a Rovers baby grow before it has time to think for itself. That just about sums them up. It’s the only way they will get any future supporters. This is what they do. I’ve seen plenty of Sags ram their 3 day old in a Rovers kit and plaster it all over Facebook. The mother in the video is probably his sister anyway. Why would he run from Southmead to the Rovers shop via Clifton anyway unless he was ******* obsessed with Ted’s? Absolute belters. The gift have just giveth again! 

Another absolute weapon 

There have been artists I really liked until they played down there and then never felt the same about their music afterwards.

How sad must his life be to go off a musician because they've played at our ground? 

They can’t have been very dedicated Ronan Keating fans in the first place..! 

The fewers really believe that this is a genuine attempt from their media department to wind up BCFC, what’s worse is they actually find it funny, and how it’s got to us etc and how we as a club have tried to ‘claim’ the Suspension Bridge!! I do wonder where these morons come from sometimes and why they have to make up such utter bollox to make themselves feel better :facepalm: then again i’m sure there mammoth 5k season ticket holders are prowed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

As their anthem goes “Sometimes I have a great notion, to jump in the river and drown”.......

I’m gonna hazard a guess that most of that lot wouldn’t even know that themselves! All I hear from them is that god awful chorus about someone called Eileen?

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Another absolute weapon 

There have been artists I really liked until they played down there and then never felt the same about their music afterwards.

How sad must his life be to go off a musician because they've played at our ground? 

....yet they loved Steve Phillips after he left us to sign for them....he played more times at our ground than any band they now claim to despise....a very sad fanbase that lot....

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Stupid ******* bellends.

Their own kids are embarrassed by the Mem and their crappy tinpot club.

As for the 82 digs, when was the last time Bristol City Football Club weren’t part of the Football League?

....what about the Gas? ?

The sad fact is, they’ll flog the usual pathetic 5000 STs and then their thick fans will celebrate as if that’s an impressive figure. Meanwhile we’ll continue sell 3 times more STs and average higher crowds than them for the 54th year out of 55.

Mind the Gap.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

18 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

The very definition of anti football. Penrice, Hollowhead, Ian Alexander (just a thug), Mehew, Devon etc, etc.....jeez, the rubbish we had to play against. 

In fairness, Holloway & Penrice were 'tidy.......  

Also in fairness,Alexander was ott, and 'Boris had less pace than my 'nan.

As for 'Big Dev- The Queen Mary & "turning circles" come to mind!!

Edited by Robert the bruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

In fairness, Holloway & Penrice were 'tidy.......  

Also in fairness,Alexander was ott, and 'Boris had less pace than my 'nan.

As for 'Big Dev- The Queen Mary & "turning circles" come to mind!!

How ever bad they were they had the upper hand over us for a couple of years . It was like some sort of voodoo curse they had 

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:22, 1960maaan said:

There has been a Bristol City in Bristol since 1897 , and a R*vers since 1899.
Bristol City have been a League club since 1901 , they joined in 1920.
These are some of the facts I threw at a mate recently when he played the 1982 card, funny enough it ended there.

Did your mate not retort with the fact Rovers were founded in  1883 then?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:56, sglosbcfc said:

I think Danny Coles was/is a Gashead, Gary Penrice was a City supporter, Keith Curle was a Gashead, Alfie Biggs was a City fan. Colin Daniel has been pictured in a Rovers away shirt but is definitely a City supporter!

I'm pretty sure Penrice was Gas although I didn't know him well. Keith Curle was Gas until about the age of 10 when City signed on schoolboy forms or something like that, he came into school the next day and all references to Rovers on his haversack had been crossed out and replaced with City- the bastard! We do currently have a young pro on our books who follows City.

With their £250k a year London operation and advertising campaigns Rovers are certainly going for it in the swanky PR stakes.

Meanwhile the relegation threatened team plays in a ground that would embarrass a medium sized school whilst the training ground develops nothing other than weeds.

I'm not one hundred percent convinced that the owners have their priorities right.

23 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Made me laugh when you said looks like a stereotypical Gashead, that is spot on, Kingswood was full of Penrice lookalikes in the 80s. I heard on Radio Bristol a couple of years back a piece where they said Penrice was a City fans, had a trial at the club but was rejected for being too small. Was taken on by the Gas and unfortunately never stopped scoring.

I've also been told before now that Bill Holloway (Ian's dad) the former Longwell Green Chairman was a City supporter who used to take Ian to Ashton before he was taken over to the dark side!

I did know Bill and he certainly kept that dark secret to himself if it was true!

22 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm pretty sure Penrice was Gas although I didn't know him well. Keith Curle was Gas until about the age of 10 when City signed on schoolboy forms or something like that, he came into school the next day and all references to Rovers on his haversack had been crossed out and replaced with City- the bastard! We do currently have a young pro on our books who follows City.

Alfie ?????

41 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I did know Bill and he certainly kept that dark secret to himself if it was true!

Interesting, the person who told me, knew him and was convinced it is true, however, I've posted it before and nobody has colloborated it, at the same time nobody has said he was a Gashead either! 

19 minutes ago, Unan said:

We just do not stand a chance if competing with them..

I hope we can all agree that we are amazing in having not one, but TWO, unique nicknames.

Wait...they have two unique nicknames?

This changes everything.  Close the forum, sack the team and demolish Ashton gate, we just can't compete with a club that has two nicknames.

• Like 2