IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Doubt it. For all his monetary restrictions, Wally does seem to be a football fan. Granted, a fan of Chelsea, but a fan all the same.

Can't imagine for one moment he would see the Fewers fail. If they are moving on, they might well end up taking a loss overall. I would be surprised if they walked away in profit.

Did Wally mortgage them up to the hilt if he walked what happens to their enormous debt.?

11 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Did Wally mortgage them up to the hilt if he walked what happens to their enormous debt.?

If it's secured against the stadium, then whoever is owed the money would have a claim against the Mem.

Assuming the family loaned them the money, then effectively they could walk away with the club in debts that are mounting  but without the stadium.

I would be very surprised if that did happen however, I think most people still remember Ron Nodes (sp?) I think it was, selling Palace without including the Stadium.

15 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

It's charged against the ground so the choice to the new buyer would be to take on the club with a ground and debt or to just buy the club and rent the ground until the Al Qs decide to sell it.

It seems unlikely that someone would be buying now tbh, people want to acquire clubs at the absolute lowest value so string out the negotiations until the club is in, or is about to go into, administration and then buy it cheaply.

The rationale fed to the fans for this brinkmanship is usually the less money they put into the purchase the more money there is to invest into the club. There doesn't tend to be much correlation between the two however.

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

I was told by a very good source (within R*vers) that this Friday 29/03/19, Wally would make his exit announcement :gasmask: ? 

Oh no!   Here we go again...

Wait for the over-excited retards to start shouting about the new owners being richer than ours blah blah blah… we're coming for you...

20 hours ago, weepywall said:

"Unique" I'll try a few

1-only club to be relegated to non league by a team playing in their own kit

2-only club to have billionaire owner that actually hasn't got any money

3-only club to fail to qualify for the league cup after being knocked out in the qualifying round

4-their ground is certainly unique

That's just off the top of my head, sure there are plenty of other examples of uniqueness

Most teams have had matches postponed due to heavy rain but, whilst at Eastville, Rovers managed to have a flooded pitch that was definitely unique 

3112841B-A257-40B6-89AF-BEE8FA4384BE.jpeg

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Most teams have had matches postponed due to heavy rain but, whilst at Eastville, Rovers managed to have a flooded pitch that was definitely unique 

*** Health and Safety alert ***

Don't smoke a pipe kids, it's bad for you

36 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Thankfully, their new “championship ready” sprinklers now have an “off” button. 

Unless they have a must win game coming up and want some rest, of course..! 

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Gazred said:

Hence the question. I reckon they would.

There's an argument to be made for the rehabilitation of people into society as he's served his time, and he may have served less had he not been a professional footballer. So I can kind of understand the argument for why to.

But there's many more reasons for why not. Football players are supposed to be role models, he's not one. The negative traction he would bring to the club would divide a club that has become together (so far) under Coughlan. And even from a footballing standpoint, he's been in prison for years, it'll take months for him to get back to full fitness, by which time it won't even be worth it. And frankly, wouldn't want someone who said whilst in prison he wished he'd have raped the girl ever to be a player I cheered on. 

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It cant be;

a) It`s not showing Babestation

b) It appears to have Sky Sports on and there`s no way the fewers could afford the subscription.

Ah correct you are, on both accounts. My mistake.

Thinking about it, it also looks too well stocked (and too big) to be their club shop. 

I've obviously had a mare :rolleyes:

Edited by Taz
Actually talking about having a mare around that lot, probably means something COMPLETELY different. In that case, I most certainly did not have a mare!!
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

Their new striker has 5 in 7 & they’re saying they should sell him for no less than 10m ? all because a clickbait BP article saying Championship clubs are looking at him.

They sold Matty and Bodin for less than £1m combined.....we off loaded Kodjia and Reid for £25m....they are so desperate to be relevant it’s almost gone past being amusing....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Not yet, due to be lodged by 31st March.

Although, not unusual to submit late and incur a fine, which is often done on purpose during negotiations, or if there financial irregularities and delaying disclosure!

Yeah, they are arranging for Diane Abbott to announce the figures to their fans, although she may turn the opportunity down as she doesn’t have any time for racists.

• Haha 1