IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah but we aren’t as unique as them are we, just listen to this moron.......

For me it just epitomises everything I hate about City. It’s a copy and paste job from Brentford or Walsall’s badge and just lacks any trace of originality. There are plenty of teams called City, plenty that wear red with a white trim and even a fair few that share the “robin” mascot. It’s all so artificial and boring. For all our faults, we are incredibly unique, there aren’t that many Rovers around, only one other team in the entire football league play in quarters, we have a quirky and original club anthem in Goodnight Irene and no other team is nicknamed either the pirates or the gas. I’d never trade that to be in the position that City are in, it's part of why I love the club so much.

Dear oh dear, that is embarrassing I actually feel sorry for the person that wrote that, a quirky club anthem !!! I've heard it called a few things but not quirky, "2 nicknames" one that we gave them in a detrimental way, a club badge with Captain Pugwash on, the famous quarters and the saggie wouldn't swop any of that" to be in the position City are in" !

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Posted by a fewer.....

Look, we have to stop this silly 1982 stuff and we should not be calling them the 82ers.

That stuff is old history and it is time to let it go.

The Bristol Sport franchise was formed in 2012 so we really should respect that.

They are the 2012ers.

Yet they wonder why this thread is so long ?

So a few years before Dwane Sport took over the fewer then.

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

For me it just epitomises everything I hate about City. It’s a copy and paste job from Brentford or Walsall’s badge and just lacks any trace of originality. There are plenty of teams called City, plenty that wear red with a white trim and even a fair few that share the “robin” mascot. It’s all so artificial and boring. For all our faults, we are incredibly unique, there aren’t that many Rovers around, only one other team in the entire football league play in quarters, we have a quirky and original club anthem in Goodnight Irene and no other team is nicknamed either the pirates or the gas. I’d never trade that to be in the position that City are in, it's part of why I love the club so much.

1)?.....Let’s get that out of the way first....

2) ???? What an absolute pillock!

3) There aren’t that many Rovers around when you think one of them is called “United” you absolute belter! Aside from that you have Blackburn and a little club from Nailsworth who aren’t a million miles away from leaving you lot in their shadow too!

4) And if you had your way by crying like babies to the FA there would have been one team playing in quarters. In 2015 there was only one team playing in quarters in the football league and it wasn’t the Sags as they were playing in a park league against the likes of Alfreton whilst being sponsored by a pub.

5) Goodnight Irene, a song about someone whose total success lasted a week, lives in the past, moves their place of residence regularly from the actual town to somewhere else and then back again and considers suicide on a regular basis because they can’t come to terms with the fact that the good old few days are gone forever. He is far too deluded to get over it and accept fact and as a result, remains in an eternal state of depression and misery.

Yep, that pretty much sums Rovers to a tee! The song is so ‘unique’ that the Sags have actually  played the whole thing out on the pitch and in the stands! ? Mazen!!!

The other song they like to belt out is “Never Felt More Like Singing The Blues”, but they never sing the other verses......

”I never felt more like crying all night, cuz everything’s wrong and nothing ain’t right....”

and

” I never felt more like RUNNING AWAY...”

6) No other team are called the pirates and gas because no other club is a bunch of gypsy, squatting thieving ***** who are totally full of guff!

7) You would never trade all of that to be in City’s position? Ok, well good luck with all that then. Don’t forget to turn the lights out the next time you drop out of the Football League. 18 years. Mind The Gap!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

And who gave them their ‘ Gas ‘ nickname ?

The poster doesn’t quite grasp the concept of unique bless him. 

" I’d never trade that to be in the position that City are in"

If this bit is true why did they rush every media outlet they could find to boast about how they were "considerably richer than da shit" and how they were going to "overtake us in 5 years"? Methinks thou do protest too much....

• Like 1

Wonder if they'll ever question why everything is so 'unique' there? I guess nobody has been able to break into the locked Gashchat to tell them that unique is not necessarily a good thing. Certainly not in their case. 

One of them has actually taken the time to draw a cock on our badge. They're a bit weird aren't they? 

image.png.9533f6c8639edbffa780486eb75f8352.png

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MC26 said:

Wonder if they'll ever question why everything is so 'unique' there? I guess nobody has been able to break into the locked Gashchat to tell them that unique is not necessarily a good thing. Certainly not in their case. 

One of them has actually taken the time to draw a cock on our badge. They're a bit weird aren't they? 

image.png.9533f6c8639edbffa780486eb75f8352.png

...is that a genuine W a n k s y ?  

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And who gave them their ‘ Gas ‘ nickname ?

The poster doesn’t quite grasp the concept of unique bless him. 

Their anthem = stolen (from Plymouth)

Their ground/campsite = Stolen (From Bristol Rugby)

Their colours = probably copied from us, as we used to play in Blue, before they did. 

Their nickname (Gas) = Stolen/adopted from a previous slur. Unique because nobody else would be moronic enough to embrace such a stupid nickname. 

Thier official nickname = see comment on Club Badge. 

Their kit = unique(ish) (nobody else apart from some Spanish lower league team would be seen fldead in that monstrosity.

Their support = Bang average/poor, considering the size of the City they are based in*

*currently based in, now that they are back from Bath, but until they move out to South Gloucestershire. 

Their club badge = Unique, because no other club would attach themselves proudly to “pirates” who are infamous for Rape & Pillage. Kind of appropriate for them though, given their recent history. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

" I’d never trade that to be in the position that City are in"

If this bit is true why did they rush to every media outlet they could find to boast about how they were "considerably richer than da shit" and how they were going to "overtake us in 5 years"? Methinks thou do protest too much....

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Rovers owner is Dwayne Sports PLC, a bunch of foreign chancers with no affiliation to the club who only bought it on the off chance of relocating it to South Gloucestershire, but now regret their decision and are desperate to get rid of them like a turd that won't flush.

I'm hearing that turd will be sold on Friday to a consortium headed up by the chap who owns the fruit market ?

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

So we're the franchise. And they are the quirky, historical club full of identity.

Alright, hold my beer lads.

We are playing in our spiritual home ground, where we've played for nearly 120 years.

Rovers traditional home is now stocked with flat pack furniture, whilst the team have scrounged around rugby grounds, and venues in ANOTHER CITY ENTIRELY.

Our owner is Steve Landsdown, a local businessman who loves the club, has owned us for nearly 20 years and will pass his legacy onto his son.

Rovers owner is Dwayne Sports PLC, a bunch of foreign chancers with no affiliation to the club who only bought it on the off chance of relocating it to South Gloucestershire, but now regret their decision and are desperate to get rid of them like a turd that won't flush.

Our club anthem(s) were written by a local band who are supporters of the club.

Goodnight Irene has absolutely nothing to do with Bristol Rovers and was in fact stolen from Plymouth Argyle after they sang it as a piss take.

Our nickname the Robins is indeed shared by two other football league clubs, but I do believe we've been around as the Robins for longer than either of them (I stand to be corrected on that one).

Rovers nickname of "the gas" was in fact invented by us as an insult so you can thank your artificial and boring neighbours for your quirky and unique nickname. As for the Pirates? Yeah OK, granted. But the pirate on your badge looks like a cross dressing fanny. So there.

Ashton Alf, the Bristol Babes, John Atyeo, Norman Hunter bites your legs, the Ashton Gate Eight, Super Bob Taylor, the team of 1976, super Jacki from another planet, Tom Thumb, Fatty Wedlock, Drink up ye Cider,  the Walshie shuffle, Bounce around the ground, East End agro,  118 years in the football league. Bristol City FC is a football club oozing with history and tradition. Sure, we've had to modernise to keep up with the rest of the footballing world but we're still BCFC, we still play at Ashton Gate in red and white, we are still the Robins and we have the same supporters.

Your "identity" however, just consists of being a rag bag bunch of tramps who scrape by day to day by doing everything on the cheap. And whilst you might think that makes you cool and unique, it really doesn't. It just makes you stand out like a sore thumb as being an absolute failure of a football club, on life support, desperately trying to cling on to the tail coats of your bigger and better city rivals.

So shove that in your pipe and smoke it, you bunch of ****s!!

"The bloody good life"indeed.......chocolate button heads??

A highly 'articulate outburst indeed Sir- 'take a bow!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I'm hearing that turd will be sold on Friday to a consortium headed up by the chap who owns the fruit market ?

Cue shouts like

"hey, we're getting a new stadium built on the site of the fruit market"

"unlucky da shit"

#biggestclubinbristol

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Any truth that they'll now be playing this classic album over the PA at home games?

image.png.5a183197e618c8c1e60c74c550bb9419.png

Or as my cut-price Italy purchased knock-off tape titled it:

"Fesh" Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

I liked it a lot until somebody pointed out that, with the exception of California Uber Alles all the tracks sounded absolutely identical.

The next time I listened to it I had to agree that he was spot on; which spoilt it somewhat.

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

So we're the franchise. And they are the quirky, historical club full of identity.

We are playing in our spiritual home ground, where we've played for nearly 120 years.

Rovers traditional home is now stocked with flat pack furniture, whilst the team have scrounged around rugby grounds, and venues in ANOTHER CITY ENTIRELY.

Our owner is Steve Landsdown, a local businessman who loves the club, has owned us for nearly 20 years and will pass his legacy onto his son.

Goodnight Irene has absolutely nothing to do with Bristol Rovers and was in fact stolen from Plymouth Argyle after they sang it as a piss take.

Our nickname the Robins is indeed shared by two other football league clubs, but I do believe we've been around as the Robins for longer than either of them (I stand to be corrected on that one).

Rovers nickname of "the gas" was in fact invented by us as an insult so you can thank your artificial and boring neighbours for your quirky and unique nickname. As for the Pirates? Yeah OK, granted. But the pirate on your badge looks like a cross dressing fanny. So there.

Ashton Alf, the Bristol Babes, John Atyeo, Norman Hunter bites your legs, the Ashton Gate Eight, Super Bob Taylor, the team of 1976, super Jacki from another planet, Tom Thumb, Fatty Wedlock, Drink up ye Cider,  the Walshie shuffle, Bounce around the ground, East End agro,  118 years in the football league. Bristol City FC is a football club oozing with history and tradition. Sure, we've had to modernise to keep up with the rest of the footballing world but we're still BCFC, we still play at Ashton Gate in red and white, we are still the Robins and we have the same supporters.

Your "identity" however, just consists of being a rag bag bunch of tramps who scrape by day to day by doing everything on the cheap. And whilst you might think that makes you cool and unique, it really doesn't. It just makes you stand out like a sore thumb as being an absolute failure of a football club, on life support, desperately trying to cling on to the tail coats of your bigger and better city rivals.

That’ll be a crack pipe..........

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Or as my cut-price Italy purchased knock-off tape titled it:

"Fesh" Fruit for Rotting Vegetables.

I liked it a lot until somebody pointed out that, with the exception of California Uber Alles all the tracks sounded absolutely identical.

The next time I listened to it I had to agree that he was spot on; which spoilt it somewhat.

That's because you purchased an Italian knock off version. All the tracks probably were identical!  :laughcont:

I made the same mistake buying REM's Green on CD at an Egyptian market once.  Started off as Green, but the last 4 tracks are Michael Bolton :shocking: followed by a repeat of Pop Song 89 which cuts off after 2 minutes. :dunno:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Wow! Bottled water!

https://www.playwithalegend.com/bristol-rovers-2019

ps who is Aaron Lescott?

He’s a gas legend. Apparently..!

I hope the “Play with a legend” organisers are providing the inclusive water & energy drinks. Otherwise they are very likely to be out of date. 

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

You need to get off the fence.....