IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

So Plymouth fans sang it in game against you and from then on you’ve sang it yourselves? Stolen then. Just because they only sang it for 45mins means nothing, weren’t you lot only in a relegation zone for 45mins before? 

You have to apply #Gaslogic. If you apply that to anything it automatically makes it OK. 

53 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh?! You’ve ‘liked’ a couple of posts recently on this thread saying we shouldn’t be ‘rude’ about roverzzz and ‘unwelcoming’ to our sag guests as it will ‘upset’ the sag visitors on here....now you’re being ‘rude’ to them by suggesting they have ‘no history, no friends, no class and a shat badge’ .... interesting.....and you’ve also ‘liked’ other recent posts saying things like calling them ‘a bunch of *****s’ - how rude is that?! You seem confused.....

Are you really trying to keep up your imaginary feud with me? 

At least you haven't gone onto my profile to eggplant react to my posts, so that's a step forward... 

I'm here to laugh at our neighbours, I really couldn't care less about you tbh... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Are you really trying to keep up your imaginary feud with me? 

At least you haven't gone onto my profile to eggplant react to my posts, so that's a step forward... 

I'm here to laugh at our neighbours, I really couldn't care less about you tbh... 

.....you don’t like people being ‘rude’ to gasheads on here....yet you are also ‘rude’ to gasheads on here....there’s no ‘feud’ - let alone an ‘imaginary’ one....just an observation, knew you’d bite....carry on being confused....(wasn’t that a film title?!) ......this must be your song....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....you don’t like people being ‘rude’ to gasheads on here....yet you are also ‘rude’ to gasheads on here....there’s no ‘feud’ - let alone an ‘imaginary’ one....just an observation, knew you’d bite....carry on being confused....(wasn’t that a film title?!)

Knew I'd 'bite'? Ah so you are fishing? 

Got to be honest I expected better.... 

Point out when I've been 'rude' to anyone (bar quoting a post on their forum, that doesn't really count) 

I'm all for laughing at them, just never quite understood why you started a load of verbal abuse at bodin when he first came on here, at the time he was actually an alright poster (that soon changed) and verbally abusing him reminded me of Gaschat, we don't want to fall to their level surely? 

Anyway, I'd rather we didn't ruin this quality thread through a minor disagreement, so unless you have anything constructive to add let's leave it there

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Knew I'd 'bite'? Ah so you are fishing? 

Got to be honest I expected better.... 

Point out when I've been 'rude' to anyone (bar quoting a post on their forum, that doesn't really count) 

I'm all for laughing at them, just never quite understood why you started a load of verbal abuse at bodin when he first came on here, at the time he was actually an alright poster (that soon changed) and verbally abusing him reminded me of Gaschat, we don't want to fall to their level surely? 

Anyway, I'd rather we didn't ruin this quality thread through a minor disagreement, so unless you have anything constructive to add let's leave it there

I appreciate your reasonable reply. You make some good points. And I agree, no point in de-railing this thread - but you do seem to ‘like’ any post that is critical of me, and ‘eggplant’ lots of my posts...too often to be coincidence...dunno what I’ve done to make you do this really...

Anyway, on this thread the vast majority of posts are critical of, and rude about, da gas....I really can’t understand how posters like yourself and @29AR seem to want to protect them....and Bodin came on here chucking insults about and ridiculing people to start with....he or she has calmed down now, but reactions to Bodin’s initial posts were fully justified in my opinion...anyway, cheers for the response, no need to fall out...have a good evening...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

They seem to think they are buildiing a new stadium at the fruit market all the busineses from autochoice all down the road including ed wares scrapyard have been sold and student accomadation being built and stadium at the fruit market please dont shoot the messanger source comes from someone inside club just thought id share

This being the main stumbling block for them, when has anyone from that club ever spoke an ounce of truth?

Even if this takeover did happen this is just a rumour either put out by those taking over as they know it’ll keep them quiet for another 6months or made up by one of the fewers themselves to make them feel better whilst videoing themselves in their one bedroom flat above bargain booze with that unique gay pirate plastered all over the wall singing ‘unlucky the shit’ and nobbing each other off on gaschat on how great they are about to become and overtaking over that franchise down the road.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t work out why Plymouth, or Rovers, fans would want to sing some dirge about an American Prostitute. Maybe Plymouth realised how bad it was and happily let you lay claim to it. You can have that one..!

I’ve not heard heard anything about Hudson-Odoi ever being linked with us. When was that supposed to be..? It can’t have been recent, if he’s now in the England team, surely..?

Does seem like the kind of player that we’d have enquired about at some point though, so may well have tried. Obviously no chance in hell now though..! 

I think the story is they played each other in 1950 and Plymouth went 1-0 up and as that was a popular song at the time they started to sing it as it was, or was close to, number 1 at the time following its release by the Weavers. Rovers equalised in the second half and sang the same song but replaced "Irene" with "Argyle." And was just a thing from there. In terms of song content I've never understood why we continued to sing it, but we do have a history of picking up large parts of our fan culture from rivals mocking us, like our own nickname. But is it THAT rare? I know Spurs do it with Yid army, which is perhaps even stranger.And in regards to Hudson-Odoi, I actually think it was Johnson who said it. Said at the beginning of the season was very close to a loan move until Sarri decided to keep him last minute. Having watched him in all honesty think he would have been leagues ahead of any other player in the Championship, and it amazes me Chelsea even considered loaning him to City, especially with very public interest of a loan from Redbull Leipzig in Germany. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

So Plymouth fans sang it in game against you and from then on you’ve sang it yourselves? Stolen then. Just because they only sang it for 45mins means nothing, weren’t you lot only in a relegation zone for 45mins before? 

But they didn't sing it for any other reason than it was a chart hit at the time. They had no relation to the song and sang it in no other game. Especially since Plymouth didn't ever sing it again after the Rovers game. Just my opinion though. And can see your point. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I appreciate your reasonable reply. You make some good points. And I agree, no point in de-railing this thread - but you do seem to ‘like’ any post that is critical of me, and ‘eggplant’ lots of my posts...too often to be coincidence...dunno what I’ve done to make you do this really...

Anyway, on this thread the vast majority of posts are critical of, and rude about, da gas....I really can’t understand how posters like yourself and @29AR seem to want to protect them....and Bodin came on here chucking insults about and ridiculing people to start with....he or she has calmed down now, but reactions to Bodin’s initial posts were fully justified in my opinion...anyway, cheers for the response, no need to fall out...have a good evening...

I've never chucked one insult, and the only person i've ridiculed has been the 6 foot 4 of pure rage who said they wanted to fight anyone with a Rovers shirt on. And I would've done it regardless of the fanbase, because people like that don't belong in football. 

11 hours ago, 22A said:

everton_1884-1885-g.gif Everton 1884- 1886 (over 130 years ago) http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton.htm

shrewsbury_town_1907-1908-k.gifShrewsbury 1907-1910 (over 100 years ago) http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Shrewsbury_Town/Shrewsbury_Town.htm

If they want real unique, go back to 1895-1896 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_Rovers/Bristol_Rovers.htm

Sheffield Wednesday also had blue and white quarters before Rovers did.

6 hours ago, bodin said:

But they didn't sing it for any other reason than it was a chart hit at the time. They had no relation to the song and sang it in no other game. Especially since Plymouth didn't ever sing it again after the Rovers game. Just my opinion though. And can see your point. 

Plymouth actually sang goodnight argyle,goodnight,argyle goodnight..........I’ll see you in my dreams.

Edited by NOTBLUE

11 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Responding to another sag who suggested they should look at a 30,000+ stadium, another one suggested... 

"We could if we were ever run correctly and had someone to invest in our potential.Anything less than a 20-25k arena seems pointless building for a club like us." 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

”a club like us”

Havent averaged over 10k at home for 40+ years and currently only manage to shift around 5k STs a season.

Yeah, they REALLY need 20-25k stadium...

Deluded idiots.

Must be terrible to have so little ammo take the piss out of your rivals that you quickly rack up 5 pages of bollocks, all cracking the same ‘jokes’ about a badge change and supposed lack of history.

Over a century of League football and a stadium we’ve occupied for the entire time. That’s more history than they can ever dream of. Bristol Rovers....no real home, a kit, ground and anthem stolen from others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Can I just say, your new badge is shite.

Just wanted to get that off my chest :)

Can I just say,I think our new badge is the dogs bollocks.             Just wanted to get that off my chest.?

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You are entitled to your opinion. 

Its just a strange opinion, coming from someone who supports a club with a camp sailor on their badge. 

I'll take that as a compliment. 

Your badge is quite unique, I'll admit. But not sure I'd want a character who steals from others adorning the club kit. 

Oh hang on.... 

Edited by CotswoldRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it’s rather strange to comment about another club’s badge when your own club’s biggest change in recent years is to install Championship ready sprinklers and a new tent. 

• Like 1