IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It has just been announced on the Burton Albion web site that the FA have given permission for Colin Daniel to go on emergency loan to Barnsley which means he will be available to play for them at the Mem on the 4th May for the last game of the season....

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/latestnews/colin-daniel-loan-barnsley

If it came to pass that he relegated them twice he should be given the Freedom of Bristol, a Life Peerage and a lifetime's supply of cider.

• Haha 3

On 30/03/2019 at 22:58, Miah Dennehy said:

I nearly went to it!  Ended up going to the Isle of Arran for the day though, I must be getting old.

@Miah Dennehy For pure cabaret, you could have headed to Campbeltown on Kintyre.  Saturdays are the weekly sessions where old feuds are resurrected and settled again and again!  When I was working up there for a year, I had many a cheery "Yer no frae roond here, then" conversation openers before the first haymaker came whooshing my way!  Happy days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Looks like their accounts are overdue

If Mr H Al Qadi has NOT confirmed his "intention to maintain support for a period of at least twelve months from the signing of these accounts" perhaps Grant Thornton are cautious about what to put in their auditor's report ? 

21 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

@Miah Dennehy For pure cabaret, you could have headed to Campbeltown on Kintyre.  Saturdays are the weekly sessions where old feuds are resurrected and settled again and again!  When I was working up there for a year, I had many a cheery "Yer no frae roond here, then" conversation openers before the first haymaker came whooshing my way!  Happy days!

Is it a local place, for local people ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swede said:

Yes, yes their accounts are overdue. That won't go well with anybody they owe money to as their credit score will go down.

The list of who they owed money to, up until 2 months ago was growing, ordered to hold off paying contractors etc...

36 minutes ago, bert tann said:

If Mr H Al Qadi has NOT confirmed his "intention to maintain support for a period of at least twelve months from the signing of these accounts" perhaps Grant Thornton are cautious about what to put in their auditor's report ? 

Took persuading to sign it last year too.

21 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Today’s gift?

A typical day in the life of a Fewer from Slagchat.....

I cracked open a beer in the garden earlier as I'm celebrating the 50th birthday of the one and only Sir Dean Windass.... 

He's one of our own.....

Their adopted “legend” scored a goal that stopped us reaching the premier league. 

Our adopted “legend” scored a goal that knocked Rovers out of the entire football league. 

#mindthegap

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Their adopted “legend” scored a goal that stopped us reaching the premier league. 

Our adopted “legend” scored a goal that knocked Rovers out of the entire football league. 

#mindthegap

This says everything anyone ever needs to know about the difference between us and them. Everything.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

#mindthegap

6 hours ago, milo1111 said:

This says everything anyone ever needs to know about the difference between us and them. Everything.

I remember being told “You’re up mate, you’re going up ffs....don’t talk about it”, even though I wasn’t talking about it at the time and yet I still said that I wasn’t so sure because Hull had been on a tremendous run.

Never seen so many nervous Sags ready to completely throw their Teddies out of the pram until “Deano” scored. They breathed a massive sigh of relief initially at the final whistle and then  started Singing The Blues and Goodnight Irene as if they had won something. Then the “never in doubt” shouts came out from them.

I remember thinking “You really are a pathetic bunch of jealous *****”.

Roll on to 2014 and karma paid back big time. Oh, but they didn’t like it then did they? “Ted’s in the away end”, “City fans waiting for us outside”, victims victims victims victims.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

"... has attracted interest from various Championship clubs, including Reading and Preston as well as Hull City" without which their gates would have been even lower.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

£10m. Minimum. 

Given the player was a reserve at Coventry and they wanted him off the books, it wouldn't surprise me if the Fewers paid him handsomely on a short term deal to give him chance to prove himself.

Does he have anymore than a season left on his deal?

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Today’s gift?

A typical day in the life of a Fewer from Slagchat.....

I cracked open a beer in the garden earlier as I'm celebrating the 50th birthday of the one and only Sir Dean Windass.... 

He's one of our own.....

Shows the gulf between the clubs.

They toast a guy who prevented us from reaching the top flight.

We toast to Colin Daniel, who relegated the sags to non-league.

1 minute ago, Undy English said:

Yeh but don't forget. 

Windass scoring at Wembley 'ruined us' whereas Colin Daniels goal was 'the best thing that ever happened' to them... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given the player was a reserve at Coventry and they wanted him off the books, it wouldn't surprise me if the Fewers paid him handsomely on a short term deal to give him chance to prove himself.

Does he have anymore than a season left on his deal?

Don’t do it Steve.... put your cheque book away and stop smirking..!

4 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Another thing to highlight the gulf/chasm/Gap between us, is  that if we win tonight, we’ll be higher placed than they have EVER finished a season, at any point in their entire history. 

#mindthegap

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Unan said:

Bit weird they didn’t announce how long their new strikers contract was, 6 month rolling hopefully.

In other news, their second striker is on track to have scored ONE goal in TWO seasons ?

Hasn't Snake scored about a dozen times for us, even though he is used more as a last 20 minute sub?