IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

We’ve had goalkeepers with a goal ratio that rivals Tom Nichols’..! 

Even Bas Savage got one goal in 23 appearances for us. 

Fancy being mentioned in the same context as Bas Savage..... :laugh:

• Haha 1

Companies house shows 6 companies that have the pleasure of Mr W Aqadi as a director all of which appear to have failed to submit accounts which were due by 31 March 2019 and in one case due by 28 February 2019.

As Bristol Rovers Football Club Limited and Bristol Rovers (1883) Limited are audited accounts they are likely to have been submitted by post (they were last year) so they may have been submitted and are awaiting Companies House updating their records.

The other companies all appeared to be submitted online last year and if they had been this year they would be shown as submitted on Companies House by now.

32 minutes ago, Taz said:

Even Bas Savage got one goal in 23 appearances for us. 

Fancy being mentioned in the same context as Bas Savage..... :laugh:

Humiliating for anyone.... except Tom Nichols..! 

You can imagine Bas telling his kids...”I used to be a professional footballer! I even played for Bristol City”

”wow Daddy, that’s awesome” as they look him up on the interweb. 

“Oh Daddy, it’s says here that your record was about as bad as Tom Nichols. Can we tell our friends that you were in prison for pimping mummy out, so it’s not as embarrassing for us at school..?”

• Haha 2

Personally i think this Colin Daniel thing is embarassing.

It was embarassing when rovers fans said dean windass was a legend even tho he never played for them

and its embarassing that some of our fans say Colin Daniel is a legend. Its so tinpot and we dont need to have such a tinpot mentality. Leave that to rovers.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

It was embarassing when rovers fans said dean windass was a legend even tho he never played for them

and its embarassing that some of our fans say Colin Daniel is a legend. Its so tinpot and we dont need to have such a tinpot mentality. Leave that to rovers.

Yeah but **** it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Riaz said:

I couldn't really care if its tinpot. 

He gave me as more joy in 1 goal than city do on a regular basis... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Humiliating for anyone.... except Tom Nichols..! 

You can imagine Bas telling his kids...”I used to be a professional footballer! I even played for Bristol City”

”wow Daddy, that’s awesome” as they look him up on the interweb. 

“Oh Daddy, it’s says here that your record was about as bad as Tom Nichols. Can we tell our friends that you were in prison for pimping mummy out, so it’s not as embarrassing for us at school..?”

Oh dear, poor kid! :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Riaz said:

It's just fun, football is supposed to be enjoyable, and if you can't enjoy your rivals misery every now and then I feel sorry for you! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Rovers are so shit they need to make dean Windass a legend because they lack success. We have legends of our own. Who do more than score a goal against Bristol rovers at a extremely low level 

We can have more than one legend (and we do).

Edited by Unan

36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Oh dear, poor kid! :doh:

If I wasn't there to have seen it in person, I'd say it was some computer trickery trying to make him look bad.

Just remember the whole ground erupting in laughter. He has to be one of our worst signings of all time surely? Even Tony Dinning had a few better games for us (albeit on the loan spell...)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I enjoyed it as much as anyone. Yeah i ******* loved it. But he’s no Bristol City legend. That’s what I’m saying 

Let’s just call him,a footballing legend.

Just now, Taz said:

If I wasn't there to have seen it in person, I'd say it was some computer trickery trying to make him look bad.

Just remember the whole ground erupting in laughter. He has to be one of our worst signings of all time surely? Even Tony Dinning had a few better games for us (albeit on the loan spell...)

It was funny. Don’t think I’ve ever known a whole ground proper belly laugh like that, home and away fans ?

• Haha 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

It was funny. Don’t think I’ve ever known a whole ground proper belly laugh like that, home and away fans ?

That would of finished a lesser player than Baz?.

48 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I had one of the best nights of my life in the 3 Lions that night on the back of that Colin Daniel goal. ?

Legend

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Nah 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

You’ve got to remember that Colin Daniel is as much a Rovers legend as he is a City one. He even played for them remember?

Nice of him to wear black out of respect....as you do when you are at a burial!

49D9145C-EE0A-460A-BE06-834E8F078E2E.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Taz said:

It was extremely funny Taz, even my old dad was laughing. Did u notice Scott Murray appealing at the bottom of the frame? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Remember during the ground rebuild we had the Coin Daniel Stand behind the old East End 

Yer t’is.......

How fitting it is that as we approach 1000 pages we are talking about the legend who gave us the gift! 

E6894EBE-4396-44F9-AA44-16C7A2FE493D.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I’ll have to disagree with you one this one. 

If it wasn’t for Colin Daniel, this thread may never have started. 

The list of teams from places that I’d never heard of, who have competed at level pegging with Rovers, would be much shorter than it is now (although regularly added too, thanks to cup competitions! 

I’ve never, literally had a party based on another teams result before. We did that weekend!

Thanks to Sir Colin Daniel, the City well and truly became “ours” as they were banished from league football. Always remember that. They actually dropped out of the entire football league..! ???

Thank you Colin Daniel. Legend! 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ll have to disagree with you one this one. 

If it wasn’t for Colin Daniel, this thread may never have started. 

The list of teams from places that I’d never heard of, who have competed at level pegging with Rovers, would be much shorter than it is now (although regularly added too, thanks to cup competitions! 

I’ve never, literally had a party based on another teams result before. We did that weekend!

Thanks to Sir Colin Daniel, the City well and truly became “ours” as they were banished from league football. Always remember that. They actually dropped out of the entire football league..! ???

Thank you Colin Daniel. Legend! 

02A60929-5396-48E9-B9E5-03AE5EC5EA38.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

Rovers are so shit they need to make dean Windass a legend because they lack success. We have legends of our own. Who do more than score a goal against Bristol rovers at a extremely low level 

Mate the legend thing is tongue in cheek for everyone I know. Like was said earlier in this thread he gave me a saturday ill never forget

• Like 1

On 01/04/2019 at 16:23, JackofromSanJavier said:

@Miah Dennehy For pure cabaret, you could have headed to Campbeltown on Kintyre.  Saturdays are the weekly sessions where old feuds are resurrected and settled again and again!  When I was working up there for a year, I had many a cheery "Yer no frae roond here, then" conversation openers before the first haymaker came whooshing my way!  Happy days!

I spent some time up in Dallas many years ago, the Dallas that is just a short distance from Elgin in the far north of Scotland...only one pub back then, I got the usual ‘you’re not from round here you English barsteward’ stuff....then a Scottish guy jumped in to defend me, I got talking to him, he said he was Scottish, he’d lived in Dallas for over thirty years yet he was still called ‘the outsider’ in the pub and the village....interesting up there....

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I spent some time up in Dallas many years ago, the Dallas that is just a short distance from Elgin in the far north of Scotland...only one pub back then, I got the usual ‘you’re not from round here you English barsteward’ stuff....then a Scottish guy jumped in to defend me, I got talking to him, he said he was Scottish, he’d lived in Dallas for over thirty years yet he was still called ‘the outsider’ in the pub and the village....interesting up there....

Crikey, there's another place I got marooned in once for work!  Banjos in the distance!

• Like 1