IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I remember being told “You’re up mate, you’re going up ffs....don’t talk about it”, even though I wasn’t talking about it at the time and yet I still said that I wasn’t so sure because Hull had been on a tremendous run.

Never seen so many nervous Sags ready to completely throw their Teddies out of the pram until “Deano” scored. They breathed a massive sigh of relief initially at the final whistle and then  started Singing The Blues and Goodnight Irene as if they had won something. Then the “never in doubt” shouts came out from them.

Given our last 2 massive results, I’d hazard a guess that they will be starting to shit their pants right about now as the possibility of us having another shot at going up gets ever closer, whilst they are in a relegation battle no doubt they’ll be focusing more on us in the hope that we fail, after all even if they do go down aslong as we don’t go up that’ll be a good season for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 77 punk said:

if we fail to make or win the play offs can you ever see bristol rovers finishing in the top six in the championship ?

Maybe if they rename the conference? 

IF we were to win the play offs, they would be hilariously pissed off. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

57 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Given our last 2 massive results, I’d hazard a guess that they will be starting to shit their pants right about now as the possibility of us having another shot at going up gets ever closer, whilst they are in a relegation battle no doubt they’ll be focusing more on us in the hope that we fail, after all even if they do go down aslong as we don’t go up that’ll be a good season for them.

And if we do fail, another Rovers club legend will be born.

58 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Could we enter our U21's in the JPT or whatever it's called nowadays? That would be great wind up material. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riaz said:

Personally i think this Colin Daniel thing is embarassing.

It was embarassing when rovers fans said dean windass was a legend even tho he never played for them

and its embarassing that some of our fans say Colin Daniel is a legend. Its so tinpot and we dont need to have such a tinpot mentality. Leave that to rovers.

Nah - laughing at your rivals is part and parcel of being a football fan....we are both lucky and unlucky to be in a two-team City - but laughing at the gas keeps me young, the more immature the reason the better! You can think it’s embarrassing if you like, I think it’s funny....rivalry runs deep in this national game of ours....Man Yoo still chant about hating Leeds even though they are in a different stratosphere - it ain’t tinpot - it’s part of being a fan....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Could we enter our U21's in the JPT or whatever it's called nowadays? That would be great wind up material. 

In a way I hope we couldn’t as I don’t agree with them being allowed to enter, I know how hard it must be for them but until these lower league clubs vote no instead of being persuaded by the £££  and it’ll be better for them in the long run, then they’ll only have themselves to blame when these u21/23 sides get entered into the EFL which imo they will eventually. So in an ideal world we’ll hopefully get the chance very soon to be able to enter our u21’s on just the 1 occasion before they see sense and vote against it, we get drawn against them and do them over, apart for Colin Daniel Day this would be the ultimate embarrassment/pisstake.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The poster of the 50,000th post wins a place on the R*Vers "surviving relegation" open top bus tour  :gasmask:

wonder if more people will come out and watch that one then their 3rd place finish one or conference runners up one

I was having a quick look at Companies House to see if they have filed their accounts yet.

They haven't shown up though they're not necessarily overdue despite the 31 March 2019 filing deadline (nine months after the end of their accounting year 30 June 2018) as there can be a lag in CH posting them meaning that they're not actually overdue until CH flags them as being overdue on the Overview page.

Accounts haven't been filed for any of the other group companies which also have a 31 March deadline so the same applies.

They haven't however been filed for this dormant sub, Filton Avenue Guarantee Co, which has a 31 May year end and 28 Feb deadline so they are marked as overdue.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935

As it's dormant with no assets, liabilities or income the accounts are one page and identical to the previous year.  They also don't require audit.

Maybe their accountant has left?

The fines are trivial for short term late filing but it is pretty unusual for decent sized companies to muck up this basic function.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah - laughing at your rivals is part and parcel of being a football fan....we are both lucky and unlucky to be in a two-team City - but laughing at the gas keeps me young, the more immature the reason the better! You can think it’s embarrassing if you like, I think it’s funny....rivalry runs deep in this national game of ours....Man Yoo still chant about hating Leeds even though they are in a different stratosphere - it ain’t tinpot - it’s part of being a fan....

I dont disagree. I take the piss out of the gas constantly. Its just the colin daniel being a legend bit, which i cant get on board with. He's never played for city... he gets more love than Lee Johnson did as a player. And we almost got to the promised land with LJ as a regular :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I dont disagree. I take the piss out of the gas constantly. Its just the colin daniel being a legend bit, which i cant get on board with. He's never played for city... he gets more love than Lee Johnson did as a player. And we almost got to the promised land with LJ as a regular :laugh:

But by not playing for us, Colin Daniel managed to take Rovers to their promised land.

???????????? Nearly 1000 pages of ?????.

I’ve been thinking ? maybe of producing a book for Christmas based upon some absolute gems from this legendary thread.

Title choice could be interesting....

”Tinpot Bristol Rovers - The gift that keeps on giving”

or

”NOT the 6th richest club in England”

or

”BR15FC - From Ragass to Ratshit”

or

”Ted’s In The Away End”

or

”There’s only one Colin Daniel”

or

”Dissolution not Evolution”