IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In the absence of the 2018 I thought I'd take a stroll back to their 2017 accounts to see what financial position we're expecting.

At 30 June 2017 the debt to Dwane Sports secured over the ground was £8.6m.

The ground is valued at £11.1m but is recorded at £2.4m so stated net assets of -£9.9m should be revised to real net assets of -£1.2m.

2017 headline loss was £3.0m but includes a £1.0m of write-offs and depreciation so in cash terms £2.0m.

Roll that forward without making any assumptions about interest on the debt or whether the London office was included in the year to 30 June 2017 and the expectations are:

30 June 2018 (the one currently due) - £2m loss

Debt £10.6m, net assets -£3.2m

30 June 2019  - £2m loss

Debt £12.6m, net assets -£5.2m

The debt facility has a cap of £15m.

If that's the case for June 2018 and there's nothing unexpected in the accounts then it isn't a particular story; nor would be similar for the current year which won't be published for another year.  With a £15m debt cap no breach looks likely in the next twelve months so there shouldn't be a problem in giving the directors' guarantee of support.

The likeliest reason for the late publication is going to be poor admin IMO.  Though with Bert's news, or more directly the decline in the share price of the bank and therefore dividend, which wasn't looking too healthy to the end of 2017 prior to the big decline in the share price, there may be a concern about advancing that debt finance up to the £15m limit advised when the going was good.  Or that may be small potatoes and it's either poor administration by the club's back office or Companies House just not uploading them yet after the quarter end rush.  They're not marked as overdue yet despite the filing date having passed.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/stocks/arab_jordan_investment_bank/financials

It's anyway something to look at whilst waiting for Saturday's game.

You've forgotten the £10m they got for the Snake, Eddie. ?

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

I understand solicitors for Mr Wael Al Qadi have written to Tottenham Hotspur alleging copyright infringement over their use of the slogan “this is my club, my one and only club”.

….he just wants his putter back, which is fair enough really.

If ever a bloke needed another club in his bag, Wally's the man.  

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Companies House just not uploading them yet after the quarter end rush.  They're not marked as overdue yet despite the filing date having passed.

They are still processing paper accounts that were submitted last Friday at the moment http://resources.companieshouse.gov.uk/dashboard/paper-processing-dates.shtml

As you say not marked as overdue so it seems most likely they are just in the backlog.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Today, I found an old Evening Post dating from Monday 14 November 1983. I’m attaching the match reports on the Bristol Rovers v Burnley match, which was played at Eastville. Observe the attendance and the comments of the “Fan of the Week”; note how, even back then, they were being awarded dubious penalties. Read also the report about the abuse meted out to the Burnley manager, John Bond. 

Nothing much has changed in almost 36 years - apart from the emergence of the Gap. Back then, they were in Division Three, finishing 5th that season; we were in Division Four and were eventually promoted in 4th place. 

I think that I only kept the paper because  my mates and I drove up to Darlington to watch our 1-0 win.32CEA28F-D49B-4025-B889-0735A15AF824.thumb.jpeg.f5605641262ca5af8f506cbca5d797f3.jpeg18293F91-E68F-4765-BFA2-07E3A3365B42.thumb.jpeg.6efaa70f64939585213a33380564993a.jpeg

.....and three weeks after that we dicked ‘em in the FA Cup at Eastville.... “one nil down, two-one up...” - happy days....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BS3City said:

Great move! Claim the Sag season ticket and pass it through the fence. Just think of all the new "friends" you could make...?

Look at all the benefits that your prize brings you .... including unlimited bets with shirt sponsor MintBet (just a shame they went out of business after getting involved with the Sags)

52449793fd1eeb8da1134b4154bcb22f.jpg

30 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Look at all the benefits that your prize brings you .... including unlimited bets with shirt sponsor MintBet (just a shame they went out of business after getting involved with the Sags)

Thinking about it the benefits of NOT buying a Sag season ticket far outweigh the benefits of buying one!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

So planning to give away the residual stock of pies from this season at the first home match of the next?

Here's a tip, Fewers: don't eat the green bits; you're not Forest Green; that ain't spinach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Terms & Conditions apply for the free pie!! I wonder if that is "Must be from last season, and no fresh stock allowed"

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Priority for play off fixtures..?! Have they already accepted defeat in their relegation battle, or have they struck a deal with other clubs..?!

Cup FIXTURE, surely..?!

18 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Terms & Conditions apply for the free pie!! I wonder if that is "Must be from last season, and no fresh stock available"

Corrected for you. 

Also, it’s prudent to have terms and conditions on this offer, with Lee Tomlin still connected to the local area. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, wood_red said:

Terms & Conditions apply for the free pie!! I wonder if that is "Must be from last season, and no fresh stock allowed"

Did I imagine it, or when they did this earlier this season didn't they run out of pies?

Or was that another game?