IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“Ow did them lot down the road get on?

....appy days”

I barked at him a few times to try and get his attention, then when he looked round I whimpered like Lassie. It was just like his on pitch performance 3rd May 2014....Whimper Whimper. Mind The Gap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Show some humanity! Darrell & Marcus are in the early stages of their recovery, last night was their first outing back in the real world. Imagine working in that swamp with those 3 eyed, 6 fingered  clowns grunting & slobering over you wearing ridiculous looking shirts, wouldn’t you have suffered long term mental trauma.

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Could you imagine LJ, JM and the rest of the management team watching a game at the gas. I can't picture it in the slightest but it would increase the attendance figure by 100%.

It would only happen if Lee wanted some new patio furniture and wanted to "spec" some of the range available.

9 hours ago, Pezo said:

Could you imagine LJ, JM and the rest of the management team watching a game at the gas. I can't picture it in the slightest but it would increase the attendance figure by 100%.

It would be great if it happened though as their fans and management would be like headless chickens for weeks wondering which of their players we would be about to nab for an absolute steal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phantom said:

@bodin It is indeed, talk about a real rogues gallery there, the guy to the right (as we look at it) of Stewart is familiar too, but his name escapes me

I'm intrigued what they were all looking at

The big TV screen showing a photo of Matty Taylor about to come on accompanied by the chant about how much he hates Rovers. Welcome to Bristol Darrell.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Enough of this hilarity and back to more serious business, is there any more news on their overdue accounts yet or are the administrators still giving them the once over?

They're far more concerned about their big screen TV finally being installed for Saturday's game it would seem. 

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

• Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

And here's a sneak preview of their new shirt design:

article-2273993-1755C126000005DC-985_634

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

• Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

Nah, the merger of Rovers and Forest Green to become Forest Green Rovers perhaps?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1