IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

• Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Do you know just how many packets of o-o-d crisps and beakers of watered-down Fanta they'll have to sell to pay that fine? They'll be bankrupt in no time with business practices such as this.

Keep schtum and carry on.

47 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/face-to-face-marcus-stewart-1569291

City fan as a kid. 

Ambition is (was) to play for Bristol City. 

About covers it I think. 

You could see from his reaction to scoring his first goal for us at AG (against Torquay iirc) how much it meant to him.

Pretty sure he’s got a City tattoo as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MC26 said:

They're far more concerned about their big screen TV finally being installed for Saturday's game it would seem. 

They were far more concerned about the hiding we were going to get from West Brom, but just as they were after the Sheff Utd and Boro matches they’ve gone very quiet about that for some reason.

Never mind, we’ve got Villa on Saturday so they’ll all be glued to that instead of the relegation battle going on in front of them (those that can actually be bothered to attend the Mem of course, which isn’t many).

39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were far more concerned about the hiding we were going to get from West Brom, but just as they were after the Sheff Utd and Boro matches they’ve gone very quiet about that for some reason.

Never mind, we’ve got Villa on Saturday so they’ll all be glued to that instead of the relegation battle going on in front of them (those that can actually be bothered to attend the Mem of course, which isn’t many).

Never felt more like....bollocks...shut up....ssh....ssh....they don’t exist....82.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've checked upon the late filing fees and they are disappointingly low for a private limited company as these companies are.  They are doubled if it's the second year of late filing in a row so there will be a minor incentive to file them early next year.

However just to tot them up:

• Not more than 1 month £150
  • More than 1 month but not more than 3 months £375
  • More than 3 months but not more than 6 months £750
  • More than 6 months £1,500

So that's currently 5 x 150 + 1 x 375 = £1,125.  No big deal.

Leave them for a year and it's only £9k.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

What is more telling is the attitude of the owners which smacks of Robert Maxwell's football club ownership.  No communication with minority shareholders, no epxlanantion, no AGM.  Even leaving filing to the last minute is bad enough - why do you need to do this? - and possibly that "don't care" attitude has just bitten them because there is now a material post balance sheet event (?sale negotiations) which would not have been the case had they filed them in good time.

Though thinking of Robert Maxwell with his attempt to merge Reading and Oxford into Thames Valley Royals maybe that's what happening?

Could we be about to see the birth of Swindon Rovers?  The quartered robins.

And here's a sneak preview of their new shirt design:

article-2273993-1755C126000005DC-985_634

Ideal for boob cricket?

Harbourside marquee in the Lloyds Amphitheatre is for the Gas Players' Awards tonight. Cue everyone's best jokes.

I told the Gas official there it looked far too big and he snottily replied "we're got 500 coming". Cue more jokes.

BTW they're sharing the cost with another function tomorrow...

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yep, good man.

It was a huge disappointment all round when his move to us didn't work out; but must have been absolutely gutting for him as a lifelong fan.

I remember that signing and thinking this is too good to be true for him to play for us ... it should have worked out for both him and us . 

Ive no idea why it didn’t ?

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't there a rumour he was at Ashton Gate a few weeks after Rovers sacked him, before the end of the year? Stewart's obviously a City fan but I wouldn't be shocked if LJ wanted him or Stewart as part of the management team, highly unlikely though of course, but he is a better than Holden, I think most City fans could agree with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 2

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't there a rumour he was at Ashton Gate a few weeks after Rovers sacked him, before the end of the year? Stewart's obviously a City fan but I wouldn't be shocked if LJ wanted him or Stewart as part of the management team, highly unlikely though of course, but he is a better than Holden, I think most City fans could agree with that. 

no thanks don't want that ***** anywhere near our club  ,woof.

Edited by Jim Davey
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

You obviously know all about dean holdens coaching credentials then do you ? Please enlighten us. I wouldn’t want Stewart here. What’s he ever done 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, edada said:

It’s their end of season awards tonight...and they’re in a tent!

19F9688D-B809-498F-B7A4-2147FFC48DEF.jpeg

That tent will go missing later and be at the Mem by the weekend, to get in a few of the ones that are always locked out.

1 minute ago, bodin said:

Really? Just because he managed Rovers? I could swear having seen a lot of City fans mocking Rovers fans for not wanting Cotterill when Darrell was sacked, genuine question. 

just don't think hes good enough to be are manager and I think steve Cotterill is far to good for that shower of sh1te up the road.

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You obviously know all about dean holdens coaching credentials then do you ? Please enlighten us. I wouldn’t want Stewart here. What’s he ever done 

Sorry bit of confusion, when I said that I meant Darrell is better than Holden, based solely on Holden's awful performance with Oldham. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

just don't think hes good enough to be are manager and I think steve Cotterill is far to good for that shower of sh1te up the road.

Darrell for assistant manager is what I meant. And really? I think he's always been take a mid-table league 1 team to the championship get sacked kinda manager. League 1 manager definitely, and surprised he's still unemployed. 

Edited by bodin
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Isn't it a little early for end of season awards? Are they already certain of the division in which they'll play in next season? 

(Never ask a question unless you already know the answer!)

It is, last year they were on May 1st.  But then again you could say it's better to have them now just in case we go down. 

Edited by bodin

1 minute ago, bodin said:

Sorry bit of confusion, when I said that I meant Darrell is better than Holden, based solely on Holden's awful performance with Oldham. 

Clarke's experience in the Championship is what, exactly? Clarke's experience of successfully managing in League One is what, exactly? How therefore is he likely to improve us?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Clarke's experience in the Championship is what, exactly? Clarke's experience of successfully managing in League One is what, exactly? How therefore is he likely to improve us?

Dean Holden's experience of management is what exactly? Clarke managed a 10th place finish despite losing his best player mid-season and having a striker who scored 0 goals up front with the core of a Conference team. He's a better manager than Dean Holden obviously. 

Edited by bodin

7 minutes ago, bodin said:

Dean Holden's experience of management is what exactly? Clarke managed a 10th place finish despite losing his best player mid-season and having a striker who scored 0 goals up front with the core of a Conference team. 

dean holdens not are manager 

2 minutes ago, bodin said:

I'm not advocating Darrell to be your manager, I'm saying he could be assistant manager to Johnson. 

Bollocks to that, I've just got a puppy! ?

We've got 2 assistants anyway in Dean Holden and Jamie Mac. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

27 minutes ago, bodin said:

Dean Holden's experience of management is what exactly? Clarke managed a 10th place finish despite losing his best player mid-season and having a striker who scored 0 goals up front with the core of a Conference team. He's a better manager than Dean Holden obviously. 

We don't have a manager; we have a Head Coach; he has assistants of which Holden in one (and a good one at that).

Now, about this 'no goal striker' of yours; would that be Nicholls to whom you refer? Who was the talent spotter at your club who decided to break the Bank of Jordan to bring him in? Thought so. The same man who was Assistant Manager to John Ward during the season that you ceased playing in the EFL to join what every self-repecting football supporter knows as League Five (yeah right).

So you believe that the Assistant Manager of a 'relegated out of the League' team can be a suitable Assistant Manager for a top six Championship club? Hmmm. Good try.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bodin said:

Means nothing if he’s a coach . You know nothing about him. As for that ***** Clark , I wouldn’t want that miserable arrogant knob anywhere near bs3 

1 hour ago, bodin said:

Really? Just because he managed Rovers? I could swear having seen a lot of City fans mocking Rovers fans for not wanting Cotterill when Darrell was sacked, genuine question. 

Cotterill succeeded, dramatically, at the level you are competing at. 

Darrell Clarke can only dream of being at Chsmpionship level. Unless there is a league table for dog bothering. 

57 minutes ago, bodin said:

Which player was that, out of interest...?! ???