IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No you’re boring because you come on here wanting to talk properly about your shower of shit when nobodies interested. ITS A PISS TAKE THREAD  

I don't come on here like "alrite imma go on otib and talks aboot how greet the gazheds r nd r cloob is so masif." I talked about the possibility that he would be there for that reason. A city fan switched it onto the topic of Darrell's tenure at Rovers. So essentially even if someone tries to talk rationally about Rovers to me, I'm not allowed to say anything, because it's a "piss take thread?" 

1 minute ago, bodin said:

I don't come on here like "alrite imma go on otib and talks aboot how greet the gazheds r nd r cloob is so masif." I talked about the possibility that he would be there for that reason. A city fan switched it onto the topic of Darrell's tenure at Rovers. So essentially even if someone tries to talk rationally about Rovers to me, I'm not allowed to say anything, because it's a "piss take thread?" 

?????????????? It’s just white noise 

Edited by steviestevieneville

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, a year or 2 previously. Before he was shite..! 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

?????????????? It’s just white noise 

Did score consistently at the time for Peterborough though, albeit in much more games, but he was scoring more at a higher level, and was still 23. 

"Oi lads, here's a proper pisstake. I'll post a bunch of sleeping emojis to a fan whose making good points. Huh? Why? Because he's a Rovers fan! They're the enemy! Oh shit, that's not funny. Don't worry, I'll add in it's just white noise. What a comedian I am. Stephen Merchant eat your heart out. THERE'S ONLY ONE TEAM IN BRISTOLLLLLL."

21 minutes ago, bodin said:

But I didn't make this a discussion about Rovers at all. I claimed Darrell might have been there because him or Stewart might have been interested in a possible unknown upcoming vacancy on Johnson's management team. Rudolf Hucker discussed his campaign in League 1 which switched the topic onto that. 

It is the non stop quotes and multi quotes that you seem to want to make some sort of point about. This thread is a p1sstake, not some proper discussion about Rovers - that is over on Sagchat.

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

Everyone knows head coach and manager are interchangeable terms. Does it matter? I'm sure you don't correct City fans if they say "sack our manager." With "um actually he's the head coach not the manager so in this case it'd be `sack our head coach.'" 

No I was referring to Luke James. But Tom Nichols has never been and will never be Darrell's fault. He missed easy chances and didn't score for months despite the fact he scored 10 League 1 goals in the league that season.He was a great signing on paper. And AT THE TIME, City fans were advocating for him to sign for you. 

And I assume you're just playing devil's advocate? The success of his career as a manager has far outweighed the failures. Jurgen Klopp got relegated with Mainz (not comparing Clarke to Klopp obviously), but couldn't Liverpool fans have said the same thing? Why would we hire Klopp since he got relegated with Mainz, isn't that ignorant? Because obviously Klopp's success at Mainz and Dortmund far outweighed the bad patches (in Dortmund's case his last season). 

As is becoming all too often on this City forum, you draw out discussion to the point where most of us lose the will to read any more. However you do sometimes talk such bollocks that you can't be allowed to be unchallenged.

Head coach and manager are not interchangeable terms, except to the unenlightened. The focus of a head coach is the fitness, training, tactics and selection of the first team; he doesn't get involved in the transfer or contracts processes; he's not responsible for scouting. A head scout often works in conjunction with a DoF; we don't have a DoF. We do have Mark Ashton who performs or oversees many of the functions of that position. A head coach should be capable of replacement without change being necessary to all of the backroom staff; when Sam Allardyce takes up a new role, he brings with him an entourage encompassing most of the backroom roles. He's a manager NOT a coach. The terms are NOT interchangeable.

I have NEVER, EVER  heard of any City supporter who suggested we go for the highly prolific Nichols. You'll need to show proof of this or withdraw the assertion. It's far to easy to make a sweeping statement which has absolutely no substance in fact ( you're in good company because this is the preferred style or Donald Trump).

I'm certainly not playing devils advocate. Rather than answer the point I raised, you choose to conflate Darrell Clarke with Jürgen Klopp! That's rather a step change isn't it? The question was obviously too difficult. I asked how the Assistant Manager of a 'relegated out of the League' team - with zero experience of the Championship and a flaky record in League One - can be a suitable Assistant Manager for a top six Championship club? The question is moot and doesn't require a response, thanks. The answer is, he can't.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bodin said:

Is this not the case? 

I'll take this thread as an example:

"Isn't he the one everybody on here wanted us to sign a year or 2 ago..?" - Bar BS3

"Yeh I seem to remember people mentioning him. He had two good seasons in League Two with Exeter but didn't quite cut it in his first year with Peterborough in League One. Wouldn't surprise me if he did a job at Rovers though." - WRERE

"yep and I'm sure some couldn't believe peterborough beat us too him too" - Monkeh

"Fair to say The dog botherer is not a bad judge of a player" - Vincent Vega

"Not wishing to praise them at all, but Tom Nicholls will be a bloody decent signing for them. Must admit, I'm surprised." - Harry

"I hope for their sakes he doesn't turn out to be Dandy Nicholls!" - Swede

?? 

What are you trying to prove here? That some thought Nichols is/was a decent player?

How wrong were they? Cost you more than we paid for the Snake aswell ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

?? 

What are you trying to prove here? That some thought Nichols is/was a decent player?

How wrong were they? Cost you more than we paid for the Snake aswell ?

That City fans were advocating him to sign for you. Which is what I said. 

EDIT: Actually, it's not what I said, it's what your fans said. 

Edited by bodin

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

As is becoming all too often on this City forum, you draw out discussion to the point where most of us lose the will to read any more. However you do sometimes talk such bollocks that you can't be allowed to be unchallenged.

Head coach and manager are not interchangeable terms, except to the unenlightened. The focus of a head coach is the fitness, training, tactics and selection of the first team; he doesn't get involved in the transfer or contracts processes; he's not responsible for scouting. A head scout often works in conjunction with a DoF; we don't have a DoF. We do have Mark Ashton who performs or oversees many of the functions of that position. A head coach should be capable of replacement without change being necessary to all of the backroom staff; when Sam Allardyce takes up a new role, he brings with him an entourage encompassing most of the backroom roles. He's a manager NOT a coach. The terms are NOT interchangeable.

I have NEVER, EVER  heard of any City supporter who suggested we go for the highly prolific Nichols. You'll need to show proof of this or withdraw the assertion. It's far to easy to make a sweeping statement which has absolutely no substance in fact ( you're in good company because this is the preferred style or Donald Trump).

I'm certainly not playing devils advocate. Rather than answer the point I raised, you choose to conflate Darrell Clarke with Jürgen Klopp! That's rather a step change isn't it? The question was obviously too difficult. I asked how the Assistant Manager of a 'relegated out of the League' team - with zero experience of the Championship and a flaky record in League One - can be a suitable Assistant Manager for a top six Championship club? The question is moot and doesn't require a response, thanks. The answer is, he can't.

They're used interchangeably, head coaches have less focus on transfers than managers. But would you correct a City fan who said that Johnson was your best manager in years by saying "actually he's a head coach." Or is it just because i'm a Rovers fan that you're trying to correct me? 

I provided evidence of this in the quotes.

The whole point was, failure at a level doesn't determine future success. When Liverpool hired Klopp they did so because of his success at Dortmund, they didn't care about whether he was poor in his last few seasons at Mainz and got them relegated. They focused on the positives and not the negatives. Similarly with Clarke, if they wanted to hire him, they'd focus on the positives. Appleton was hired as Leicester assistant manager from Oxford despite only doing slightly better than Clarke. 

Where is any evidence that DC is being tipped for a job at the Gate? Non existent. We're doing v nicely with our current management/coaching set up at present. The only job for DC is sweeping the stadium clean.

As for putting DC in same sentence as Klopp, delusion. Whether you're making a point or not.

6 minutes ago, bodin said:

"You're lying City fans didn't want Nichols!"

*Shows proof a lot of City fans wanted Nichols*

"Do you think anyone cares? You're a loser. Go to your own forum."

People telling you that you shouldn’t bother to post on here because we really couldn’t care that a few fans said we should look at Tom nicholls 2 years ago...

5 minutes ago, bodin said:

Exactly! So how can City fans criticise Clarke's judge of character, when just a season before your fans were begging Johnson to sign Nichols, because you thought he was a good player. 

About 7 of our fans said we should look at him...

Hardly begging or is it any percentage of our fan base...

1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

Where is any evidence that DC is being tipped for a job at the Gate? Non existent. We're doing v nicely with our current management/coaching set up at present. The only job for DC is sweeping the stadium clean.

As for putting DC in same sentence as Klopp, delusion. Whether you're making a point or not.

It was simply a possibility, a conjecture if you will. The far more likely situation is he was a bit bored and Stewart's a city fan so went with him to watch city. 

Okay, I'll sure a far better example. Appleton. When Leicester hired him they wouldn't have cared about his failure at Portsmouth, Blackpool and Blackburn, all they cared about was his success at Oxford (tbh Klopp was just the first manager who springed to mind). 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

People telling you that you shouldn’t bother to post on here because we really couldn’t care that a few fans said we should look at Tom nicholls 2 years ago...

About 7 of our fans said we should look at him...

Hardly begging or is it any percentage of our fan base...

"Isn't he the one everybody on here wanted us to sign a year or 2 ago..?" - Bar BS3. It was 2 years ago because that was when Nichols signed for us which is the whole point. City fans can't go "Clarke was a bad judge of character with Nichols." If everybody on here (not my words remember) wanted him and were acting like he was too good for Rovers. 

1 minute ago, bodin said:

"Isn't he the one everybody on here wanted us to sign a year or 2 ago..?" - Bar BS3. It was 2 years ago because that was when Nichols signed for us which is the whole point. City fans can't go "Clarke was a bad judge of character with Nichols." If everybody on here (not my words remember) wanted him and were acting like he was too good for Rovers. 

You literally quoted a handful of posts and have now claimed them to be the views of everyone on here. 

as good a poster as @Bar BS3 is, his views aren’t always shared by the other 20000 plus people to descend on Ashton gate every week...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

@bodin 

the reason for the ? is because you’re boring , honestly . I don’t care about your points , good , bad or indifferent. It’s boring. No ones interested. 

Please do not reply to me , I’m losing the will to live . 

I'm not boring. I'm just not a) an absolute clown who would become a meme on this page, like Henbury Gas is (I think that's his name) b) a City fan or c) a Rovers fan who absolutely hates Rovers and is constantly making fun of them (essentially a City fan). 

Got to say Stevie, you're doing a pretty shit job at taking the piss, this is a PISSTAKE thread. 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

You literally quoted a handful of posts and have now claimed them to be the views of everyone on here. 

as good a poster as @Bar BS3 is, his views aren’t always shared by the other 20000 plus people to descend on Ashton gate every week...

The handful of posts tell us more than a handful of opinions. As the man said himself "everybody on here" wanted to sign Nichols. Even if that wasn't true in regards to every single member of this forum, enough people were going on about City potentially signing Nichols that he generalised and said everybody. 

I'm not boring. I'm just not a) an absolute clown who would become a meme on this page, like Henbury Gas is (I think that's his name) b) a City fan or c) a Rovers fan who absolutely hates Rovers and is constantly making fun of them (essentially a City fan). 

Got to say Stevie, you're doing a pretty shit job at taking the piss, this is a PISSTAKE thread. 

I’m not taking the piss I’m being honest , you’re  boring . This tread Is dedicated to taking the piss out of your club . You come on here droning on and on and on about stuff nobody cares about. 

Now you can obviously read but didn’t take notice of my request . 

DO NOT REPLY  TO ME ANYMORE . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bodin said:

The handful of posts tell us more than a handful of opinions. As the man said himself "everybody on here" wanted to sign Nichols. Even if that wasn't true in regards to every single member of this forum, enough people were going on about City potentially signing Nichols that he generalised and said everybody. 

And now you’ve generalised it as well. 

Anyway, no idea why I’m having this discussion, nicholls is crap and suits you lot perfectly

They're used interchangeably, head coaches have less focus on transfers than managers. But would you correct a City fan who said that Johnson was your best manager in years by saying "actually he's a head coach." Or is it just because i'm a Rovers fan that you're trying to correct me? 

I provided evidence of this in the quotes.

The whole point was, failure at a level doesn't determine future success. When Liverpool hired Klopp they did so because of his success at Dortmund, they didn't care about whether he was poor in his last few seasons at Mainz and got them relegated. They focused on the positives and not the negatives. Similarly with Clarke, if they wanted to hire him, they'd focus on the positives. Appleton was hired as Leicester assistant manager from Oxford despite only doing slightly better than Clarke. 

To echo the recent posts of fellow posters, you need to know where to stop because you're boring now. You're a guest on this forum but are beginning to out stay your welcome, imho.

I have no need to challenge fellow, City supporting posters because we are all very used to the organizational roles of our coaching team. I can't remember LJ  being referred to as our manager in recent time although no doubt you'll correct me by trawling through OTIB history.

You have posted comments attributed to other posters; I'll leave them - especially @Monkeh - to put their comments into context but I see nothing to suggest any interest in the £500k+ ex-goalscoring striker you signed.

10 minutes ago, bodin said:

Exactly! So how can City fans criticise Clarke's judge of character, when just a season before your fans were begging Johnson to sign Nichols, because you thought he was a good player. 

? I’m sure they were. Looking at the dog botherers record when Wally actually got his wallet out (when a blue moon appeared) his signings have been absolute shite. So in your opinion because a handful of City fans said he was half decent that means Clarke’s judgement is fine? If his judgement was even the slightest bit any good then surely you wouldn’t be struggling at the bottom of a piss poor L1?

DC imo is massively overrated, ‘but he got 2 promotions blah blah blah’ yes from NON LEAGUE and L2 :facepalm: all I hear from your lot is how big a club and how great you are etc so surely it was the least you lot should of been expecting? The only reason you lot think is the messiah is because of his off the field antics, that embarrassing video of him down the pub slating Grimsby, and then ‘how did them lot get on down the road’

Blokes a complete fvcking tool mate

57 minutes ago, bodin said:

Did I mention Rovers being a bigger or better club anywhere? 

Yeah sorry. Gas Translate sometimes gets things a bit wrong like Google Translate. Glad to see that you don't deny making up a story though. 

Now why would you make up that story?

Edited by GreedyHarry
Editting quote to show relevant bit