IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They have done nothing as a club apart from rub each other off for years

This being a club (in their deluded world) that is only 30 odd years old, who’ve  happen to have had much greater success than ‘Bristol’s oldest club’ who were founded well over 100 years ago, makes them look rather shit you’d of thought? Of course not gaslogic says they are the older club and that’s what really matters ??

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

I don't know which station they have on the radio at work (I do know its older music) but I absolutely pissed myself today when an advert came on encouraging people to go to the dump for one of the last home games,and to call or visit their SUPERSTORE for tickets :laugh:. I just saw an image in my mind of the portacabin surrounded by rubbish and muddy puddles.

the closest they've been to a superstore was a deal with Sainsburys but even they turned their dump down

Sam FM mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

It may well get through to these thick morons one day (highly doubtful) why this thread really does exist, there is a thread on Sagchat currently crying about how we are treating one of the loyal and true, bodin being the name in question of course and how we have treated him, now if bodin contributed in this thread in which it was intended instead of providing us with running commentary of their game and trying to defend his shower despite being told numerous times that we didn’t want to know, he carried on and on and on, now people like @Miah Dennehy and @In the Net know exactly what this is intended for and join in to laugh about themselves, but apparently we are more interested about them instead of our promotion push :facepalm: did this Sag below forget that when these low crowds he mentions 9/10k is clearly bullshit but the 11/12/13k attendances were actually sold out? Ground development was taking place you Belter. Have never understood why these idiots bring up attendances all the time when they can’t even muster a paltry 10k average for 45 YEARS!!! Yet we don’t have a much bigger fan base! Then goes onto say about the plastic supporters we have ? yet this is coming from a club who took 42k to Wembley don’t you know? Wonder where all they are at home games?

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON THIS THREAD IS HERE, because of d1ckheads like you spouting your delusional shite like this ???

They dont have a far bigger fan base then us tho.They think they do but they dont.

Its bigger right now granted, and they have tapped into more of there potential then we have ours given the Ashton gate rebuild and the money Pantdowns has spent over the past few years.But they forget that pre the championship days of Johnson snr that they were getting 9k,10k,11k each week for years in L1 apart for big games in a ground that even at the time was miles better than the mem and our 3 tents!.

They have done nothing as a club apart from rub each other off for years that they have been above us and the gap.The gap has only been there due to our failings rather than there clubs growth until 2015/16 when they started to move on as a club.Which is fair play to them.

If and when BCFC get into the premiership it will be the most annoying thing ever to happen to Bristol.Not for the loyal City fans that have followed them for years and should be rewarded and enjoy that success, but rather the Glory seeking plastics that will claim there loved to City and everthing bs3.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14190/rovers-fan-on-otib

Some prime #Gaslogic right there, and something they come out with all the time but fail to see how they’re contradicting themselves....call us ‘plastic’ yet at the same time moan about the fact they haven’t got a nice comfy seat to sit in when they watch the Sags and how their ground keeps ‘loyal’ fans away ?

What was it they said after the UWE fell through? “if they play on the street we’ll watch from the pavement”....yeah right, they use every excuse under the Sun not to go and watch their team.

We’ve had higher average attendances than them for 53 of the last 54 years which, if this Sag is right and the 2 clubs support is similar, suggests our fans are more prepared to actually come along and support our club, paying our hard earned money to watch City. Most of those 54 years have been without ‘Lansdowns cash’.

They only make an effort when there’s a trip to Wembley or a big Prem/ex Prem club to visit in the cup. They haven’t even averaged over 10k at home for 4 decades. In a City the size of Bristol that’s appalling. 

We aren’t the ‘plastics’, never have been.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 8

It’s a bit rich from them moaning about how we treat one of THEIR fans on OUR forum when we can’t even get approval to post on theirs if they suspect any hint of red!

We welcome fans from other clubs on the whole, even the GAS. As we know have a couple of theirs who have posted on here with no trouble for years.

If you go on a rival ( and I say that loosely here) team’s forum you got to expect some back, and if you don’t like it then bloody well ‘Get off our Land’ 

Edit: To be clear this is my personal view, not necessarily the view as a mod.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

But they forget that pre the championship days of Johnson snr that they were getting 9k,10k,11k each week for years in L1 apart for big games in a ground that even at the time was miles better than the mem and our 3 tents!.

The irony of that comment (apart from the fact that we were averaging 11/12k around that time, certainly not as low as 9k), is that they would love to average anywhere near that level of attendance. In fact, they haven't even averaged over 10k since 1975 :laugh:

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I got grief from a Rovers supporting family member the other day, and the insult was ‘enjoy waving tin foil in your rugby stadium’, the irony!

Was he referring to that time, against Man City, in the semi finals of a major domestic cup competition..?! ???

58 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I got grief from a Rovers supporting family member the other day, and the insult was ‘enjoy waving tin foil in your rugby stadium’, the irony!

Jealousy is a terrible thing - not having tin foil for their matchday catering.

18 hours ago, TomF said:

I give up with these thick ***ts. They would have a 2000 page topic if they merged all the posts about us. But they don’t. 

Stupid thick tw*tbadgers 

I don't think they'd get anywhere near 2000 pages as they don't have the fanbase for it.  200 pages on a topic would be an impressive number for the Fewers.

34 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I don't think they'd get anywhere near 2000 pages as they don't have the fanbase for it.  200 pages on a topic would be an impressive number for the Fewers.

They seem to be missing this critical point as they number crunch our obsession with them by reference to this thread.

As a snapshot comparison we have had 18 threads posted in on this forum in the last hour; in contrast gaschat has had posts on two threads in the last two hours.

There just aren't that many of them and the claim that they have a similar level of residual support, which to be fair probably was true in 1960, is now a clear delusion.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Red 90 said:

With all this we could incorporate it into a song like below..

Starting off with..

They've got 3 thousands fans, locked outside

Rovers are a tinpot club

I'll not put the video as once is more than enough, but if a gash put that on their forum of them singing songs about us we would be taking the piss for months.

Embarrassing would be the word.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:22, Boring Sag said:

Is this not the case? 

I'll take this thread as an example:

"Isn't he the one everybody on here wanted us to sign a year or 2 ago..?" - Bar BS3

"Yeh I seem to remember people mentioning him. He had two good seasons in League Two with Exeter but didn't quite cut it in his first year with Peterborough in League One. Wouldn't surprise me if he did a job at Rovers though." - WRERE

"yep and I'm sure some couldn't believe peterborough beat us too him too" - Monkeh

"Fair to say The dog botherer is not a bad judge of a player" - Vincent Vega

"Not wishing to praise them at all, but Tom Nicholls will be a bloody decent signing for them. Must admit, I'm surprised." - Harry

"I hope for their sakes he doesn't turn out to be Dandy Nicholls!" - Swede

I was right; he has.

When your local’s The Lamb

And you lose to Chesham

That’s the Rovers

When you can’t have a laugh

And you’ve squatted in Bath

That’s the Rovers

When your old England shirt

On the back says “Lambert”

That’s the Rovers

When you take more away

And all bum Holloway 

That’s The Rovers 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I was going to make a joke about them smoking crack ,but id better not .