IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Even they couldn’t manage to get relegated from their current position..!

Remind me again how long they were in the relegation zone last time they went down.... 

They certainly won't want to be needing anything against Barnsley last game 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Remind me again how long they were in the relegation zone last time they went down.... 

Oh I know all that. There are just too many other shite teams below them this time around. 

Even if they lose both, they’ll be safe this season. 

Fcck you Clarke-Harris..! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Think there are to many teams below them playing each other for them to go down although they have history of really f---ing up ??? they were 300/1 to go down with paddy power if anyone fancies it !!

Just now, BanburyRed said:

Twenty beautiful minutes....

I have to admit, it took until today to have a real belly laugh about that statistic. I was chatting to a lad over a cup of tea, who happens to support Rovers. He's under no illusions and refers to them as crap and going nowhere. It just came out about how long they were in the relegation places that season and I cracked up. He took it well, fair play, I'd have lamped him if it'd been the other way round.

He then went on to tell me about a lad he knows that goes regularly, who had the audacity to shout about the team playing rubbish. He was pushed, sworn at and thumped several times from behind. That's why they are where they are, long may it continue.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Think there are to many teams below them playing each other for them to go down although they have history of really f---ing up ??? they were 300/1 to go down with paddy power if anyone fancies it !!

It unfortunately isn't going to happen this season.

The Muff are up against the Scunthorpe on the last day, make of that what you will, but it means there simply aren't enough points available to send them down.

Spawny gits.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..?! I started laughing in 2014 & have hardly stopped since..! 

I've laughed many times but, this time it was a deep rooted belly laugh that actually hurt and brought a few happy tears with it. I will cherish that moment for ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, freezer said:

The Muff are up against the Scunthorpe on the last day, make of that what you will, but it means there simply aren't enough points available to send them down.

Isn't there a still a chance (please!) of that shower of she-ite going down if they lose their last two games and then Wimbledon and Scunny each win their last two games? Southend would then need 4 points, and Wycombe and Shrews would need a point each. Unlikely, but would be funny as…

I so 'kin hope so.

Edited by Red7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Isn't there a still a chance (please!) of that shower of she-ite going down if they lose their last two games and then Wimbledon and Scunny each win their last two games? Southend would then need 4 points, and Wycombe and Shrews would need a point each. Unlikely, but would be funny as…

I so 'kin hope so.

Yeah was just looking at this and is highly unlikely I think! 

The sags would have to lose both games for a start. Wimbledon would have to win both games (Bradford and Wycombe) and Southend take at least 4 points from their two games. The only problem is their last two games are Rochdale away and Sunderland home.

Wycombe and Shrewsbury also have to get a point from their last two games.....so yeah......I've had a boring evening....

31 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I so 'kin hope so.

If Scunny win their last two games to overtake the gash, that means Muff can't overtake them as they're playing Scunny on the last day. So the gash stay up either way.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

If Scunny win their last two games to overtake the gash, that means Muff can't overtake them as they're playing Scunny on the last day. So the gash stay up either way.

Yes, but only one of Scunny/Plymouth would need to overtake them. For example, Scunny could lose both their remaining games and finish 22nd, but that 21st place is still up for grabs. I just did a league table predictor by putting in the scores of the remaining games. This was the result.

It's still entirely possible, albeit it would require a couple of unlikely away wins from Southend and Wimbledon.

Screenshot_2019-04-24-07-01-46-450_com.android.browser.png

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

I so 'kin hope so.

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah was just looking at this and is highly unlikely I think! 

The sags would have to lose both games for a start. Wimbledon would have to win both games (Bradford and Wycombe) and Southend take at least 4 points from their two games. The only problem is their last two games are Rochdale away and Sunderland home.

Wycombe and Shrewsbury also have to get a point from their last two games.....so yeah......I've had a boring evening....

47 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Yes, but only one of Scunny/Plymouth would need to overtake them. For example, Scunny could lose both their remaining games and finish 22nd, but that 21st place is still up for grabs. I just did a league table predictor by putting in the scores of the remaining games. This was the result.

It's still entirely possible, albeit it would require a couple of unlikely away wins from Southend and Wimbledon.

The fact that they “could” still be relegated out of a division, with 2 games to go, that we won at a canter just a few seasons back, says it all. 

Now we’ve got idiots telling us that our play off hopes are dead because we are 2 points off the play offs, with a game in hand! I don’t think we will get promoted to the premier league, this season , but we most certainly “could”!

#mindthegap

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Didn’t they become NLBR with 50 points?

I think we will stay up. I said before the Rochdale game that we are more than capable of losing all three, but even then we should stay up and I still think that is the case. I can't say I'm brimming with confidence for next season though!

Unbelievably we are still 150/1 to go down with some bookies- well worth a fiver!

Anyway, hope the rest of the season goes horribly wrong for you all and it rains all summer in Bedminster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

57 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think we will stay up. I said before the Rochdale game that we are more than capable of losing all three, but even then we should stay up and I still think that is the case. I can't say I'm brimming with confidence for next season though!

Unbelievably we are still 150/1 to go down with some bookies- well worth a fiver!

Anyway, hope the rest of the season goes horribly wrong for you all and it rains all summer in Bedminster.

Which bookies..?!

Never mind a fiver. That’s worth putting a couple of grand on..! 

EDIT: ah sorry, I thought you meant some were offering 150/1 on next season..!

Sadly, this season, I think it would be a waste of a fiver..! 

Edited by Bar BS3

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You on it? Pay for your season ticket for next season.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This is all very weird, I could have sworn I heard some of them talking about a top 10 finish when they won a couple of games recently? Have they had a rethink?

They were also discussing the possibility of a play-off run a few weeks before the end of the 2013/14 season...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, adamski said:

Interesting to note that their “massive away support” has enabled the gas to reach the heady heights of 17th in the average away match attendance table, behind The likes of Fleetwood, Walsall and Wycombe!

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Link please. I wanna see this!

The only thing I can find that backs this up, is a list of average overall attendances for each team's away games. So this shows that the 15ers are not exactly an attractive proposition for home fans deciding which game to attend, but doesn't necessarily show they have poor away support... 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances/away

attendances.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Wow, didn't spot that scenario. 

Thanks for educating me. 

It can't really happen though, can it?! 

It would be such a tragedy ?

The ongoing accounts saga has a new development today, the Filton Avenue Guarantee Company (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06912935) one of Waels six companies with overdue accounts is now in the process of being struck off.

That means that they failed to deliver accounts at the end of February and then ignored two warning letters from companies house.

In practice not a big issue, they probably no longer want that company anyway as I imagine it was intended for the sale of the Mem while they move to UWE. This way they can let the company be wound up without needing to do any paperwork, but it is pretty bad form.

• Like 1