IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Whoever made the video for their new ladies football team has got one hell of a sense of humour .... apart from the opening shot at Ashton Gate ....

ikea.jpg.3f9927212c308f4cca91e7484c0516e1.jpg

Carrying a bit of timber there should have been filmed outside of Wickes...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The whole thing is bizarre, like an "anti advert". Most adverts or things of this nature might show a player coming out of the slums to hit the big time, this video shows the complete reverse. They start at a state of the art stadium, go to some of Bristols great attractions, then suddenly move to outside a run down club, an abandoned pub and then finish in the mem. :facepalm:

What are they trying to say about themselves? 

Oh and as aside, who the hell is funding this lot, certainly not Wael of Fortune surely?

That is really bizarre . Why would you have anything outside our place. I bet they turned up in a dodgy motor and said quick quick before they catch us . She’s trying her keepy upies 1 2 3 bollocks 1 2 shit 

hurry up hurry up , that’ll do , leg it. 

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I hope they've arranged the full gas experience for the lad:

10am Drinks

11am Boob cricket

12pm More drinks

1pm Horse punching

2pm More drinks

2.45pm Go to the Mem, he asks "Is the ground behind this training pitch?" Told that this actually is the ground.

3pm Start singing songs about Da Shit for a couple of hours; pausing at appropriate moments to boo the Rovers' players

5pm Leave ground disappointed; get mugged by pikeys

6pm More drinks

To be fair, apart from the bit 2.45-4.45, that sounds like a pretty decent day out..! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

What’s their obsession with Ashton gate in their marketing videos? Very strange. 

Have we ever used the Mem in any of our marketing videos?

Dont think so, don’t think we need to.

Needy Gas stalkers, I wonder what they’re going to use our stadium as advertising for next? ?

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Have we ever used the Mem in any of our marketing videos?

Dont think so, don’t think we need to.

Needy Gas stalkers, I wonder what they’re going to use our stadium as advertising for next? ?

Last time they used the mem in a video they filmed it and didn't even bother to sweep the tents out so showed rubbish all over the floor.

I am unsure why they are using Ashton Gate in their videos though as it just makes them look terrible, I do not understand how it is somehow having a dig at us either when they end up at that sh1te tip? Very bizarre imo.

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wonder what they’re going to use our stadium as advertising for next? ?

They used it quite recently to persuade some Argentina nerd to drop his Nintendo controller and come to Bristol to see “our ground”. “Here’s a view of it at night from the Clifton Suspension Bridge  ... and here are some ladies from our  wannabe team outside of it”. 

Had he caught sight of the real thing he’d have stayed at home in his bedroom managing Feyenoord

49 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Last time they used the mem in a video they filmed it and didn't even bother to sweep the tents out so showed rubbish all over the floor.

I am unsure why they are using Ashton Gate in their videos though as it just makes them look terrible, I do not understand how it is somehow having a dig at us either when they end up at that sh1te tip? Very bizarre imo.

That''s why I interpreted the video as a journey.  Extracts from wiki.

Bristol Rovers WFC was formed in 1998 as a following a merger between the Bristol Rovers girls' teams and Welsh side Cable-Tel L.F.C.

The name of the club was changed to Bristol Academy at the beginning of the 2005–06 season to reflect the increased involvement of the Bristol Academy of Sport with the club. The team continued to play in the blue and white quarters of Bristol Rovers however, and also retained the nickname The Gas Girls, an acknowledgement of Rovers' unofficial nickname of The Gas.[4] Bristol Rovers, now in the bottom division of The Football League, found themselves unable to continue financing a women's team in 2006 and withdrew funding.

Bristol Academy of Sport agreed to bankroll the team for 12 months, but there were serious doubts during the 2006–07 season that the club would survive beyond the summer.[5]

In 2013 the club signed a sponsorship agreement with Bristol City FC and changed their home kit from blue to red,[8] and three years later the club was renamed Bristol City Women's Football Club.[9]

So the team starts as partly a Rovers team, goes independent, and then becomes a City team.

The video is showing the path back for a new team from Ashton Gate to the Memorial Ground via several Bristol landmarks, some Rovers related and some not.

As I said I think it's very good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_City_W.F.C.

37 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

So the team starts as partly a Rovers team, goes independent, and then becomes a City team.

The video is showing the path back for a new team from Ashton Gate to the Memorial Ground via several Bristol landmarks, some Rovers related and some not.

Yes I can see that, but what I don't understand is why they choose to show themselves down through the social scale along the way, why would they choose to revel in being in a dump in comparison to where they started? 

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes I can see that, but what I don't understand is why they choose to show themselves down through the social scale along the way, why would they choose to revel in being in a dump in comparison to where they started? 

It's the good old riches to rags story!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

On that basis, Eddie they should make a similar video for their first team. No keepy-uppies, just some nomark in a jester costume kicking a ball “have it” style over various Bristol landmarks while guys in masks and striped jerseys try to steal Ashton Gate; the jester being refused permission to kick the ball at both UWE and Sainsbury’s whilst all the time, a small crack appears on the pavement which widens until it becomes the Avon Gorge and so on. 

I’m sure that my co-producers on here can come up with more imagery. 

• Like 3

Interesting thoughts from the numptys.. At least we have the opportunity. What they wont get is we will turnover in a season what they have probably turned over in their entire existence. How close are they to playing in Europe and this franchised nonsense proves they don't even know the meaning of the word.

Hope they do go up. And SL has to throw shedloads of money at them to keep them up. But they still go tits up. This time for good.
blueblood1883 Avatar
blueblood1883
Reserve Team
19 hours ago

Let the wooden heads dream for a few days longer... 

Another years delay to European dominance won't hurt our heavily franchised friends I'm sure... 

Another few days of our heavily racist, ground stealing cretins worrying about our season won’t hurt, either. Another embarrassing season for our sag friends disappearing into oblivion without nothing to shout about or get excited for.. but who cares about that. DA SHITEDS WONT B MAKIN TH PLAY AWFS 

Awwwwww, Derby held so no 2nd of May celebration for the Rent Boys.

We’ll still take inspiration Sunday from five years ago come May 3 though when their relegation looked far-fetched given they needed to lose and other results needed to go against them - yet it all fell beautifully into place and the scum bombed out of the football league. Hopefully an omen.

2 hours ago, Redsi2 said:
Interesting thoughts from the numptys.. At least we have the opportunity. What they wont get is we will turnover in a season what they have probably turned over in their entire existence. How close are they to playing in Europe and this franchised nonsense proves they don't even know the meaning of the word.

Hope they do go up. And SL has to throw shedloads of money at them to keep them up. But they still go tits up. This time for good.
blueblood1883 Avatar
blueblood1883
Reserve Team
19 hours ago

Let the wooden heads dream for a few days longer... 

Another years delay to European dominance won't hurt our heavily franchised friends I'm sure... 

SL wont need to throw any money at anything. Don't those knob heads realise that promoted clubs get £100m + 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder .... talking of anniversaries .... 5 YEARS TOMORROW!

Pirates are sent down

Colin Daniel's first-half goal condemned Bristol Rovers to relegation out of the Football League as Mansfield secured a 1-0 win.

Colin Daniel's first-half goal condemned Bristol Rovers to relegation out of the Football League as Mansfield secured a 1-0 win.

Some ugly scenes after the final whistle saw police horses come on the pitch to deal with angry Rovers supporters, who vented their fury at relegation.

colin-daniel-of-mansfield-holds-off-pres_74627910_relegation4.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BB8CD00000578-346_634

Bristol-Rovers-v-Mansfield-Town.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BE61900000578-69_634x

HAPPY DAYS!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Happy anniversary all of you xx

The only thing of note that you lot have ever won it’s no wonder you lot keep banging on about it! Nigh on 30 years ago now aswell, god it must shite supporting a club like that.