IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Happy anniversary all of you xx

Did Rovers not scrap their “2nd May” fanzine title, after it became the date that you were relegated to the basement for the first time..? 

Congratulations on Finishing above us, 29 years ago though..! ? 

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Happy anniversary all of you xx

2nd May....”Let’s all play find the City fan”

3rd May....”I’ve been frew two divorces.” “There are City fans waiting for us outside” ???

P.S. Happy 2nd May to you too....

DFFB3F37-FE50-400E-A48F-880FF57BE019.thumb.jpeg.bc00a906ceaf10749e3b22b381975620.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Thanks for the reminder .... talking of anniversaries .... 5 YEARS TOMORROW!

Pirates are sent down

Colin Daniel's first-half goal condemned Bristol Rovers to relegation out of the Football League as Mansfield secured a 1-0 win.

Colin Daniel's first-half goal condemned Bristol Rovers to relegation out of the Football League as Mansfield secured a 1-0 win.

Some ugly scenes after the final whistle saw police horses come on the pitch to deal with angry Rovers supporters, who vented their fury at relegation.

colin-daniel-of-mansfield-holds-off-pres_74627910_relegation4.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BB8CD00000578-346_634

Bristol-Rovers-v-Mansfield-Town.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BE61900000578-69_634x

HAPPY DAYS!

The 3rd May. The day that the 2nd May paled into total insignificance. Anyone who still celebrates 2nd of May are just asking for a 3rd May bonanza!!!!

E73FB437-C1A5-47B2-A7DA-002313F025BB.png

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Thanks 1

This is actually one of my favourite football photos of all time.

Really captures the emotion of relegation from the entire football league and actually made me feel a bit sorry for the fan, as his team had been relegated from the entire football league.

Shows how much it means, whilst still being hilarious, as Rovers had just been relegated from the entire football league.

Funny, yet still a tiny bit sad, to this day.

139B434C-55B1-4C3E-9B92-16223C3C78FD.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, INCRED said:

Don't those knob heads realise that promoted clubs get £100m + 

Why would they know that. Do you know what Charlize Theron’s favourite sex game is?  No, because THAT’S never going to happen either :D

EDIT:  if ypu ARE interested, I’m sure @Rudolf Hucker will tell you ?

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

This is actually one of my favourite football photos of all time.

Really captures the emotion of relegation from the entire football league and actually made me feel a bit sorry for the fan, as his team had been relegated from the entire football league.

Shows how much it means, whilst still being hilarious, as Rovers had just been relegated from the entire football league.

Funny, yet still a tiny bit sad, to this day.

139B434C-55B1-4C3E-9B92-16223C3C78FD.jpeg

Nope, I’d have to disagree. 

It’s just 100% fvcking hilarious..! ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, red panda said:

Meanwhile, the BBC has a quote from Neil Harris that "The gulf between League One and the Championship is the biggest it has ever been and it is only going to get bigger."

MIND THE GULF ?

Sure I read a quote from a Fewer the other day saying the step up isn't that big....

8 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Thanks for the reminder .... talking of anniversaries .... 5 YEARS TOMORROW!

Pirates are sent down

Some ugly scenes after the final whistle saw police horses come on the pitch to deal with angry Rovers supporters, who vented their fury at relegation.

colin-daniel-of-mansfield-holds-off-pres_74627910_relegation4.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BB8CD00000578-346_634

Bristol-Rovers-v-Mansfield-Town.jpg

article-2619537-1D8BE61900000578-69_634x

HAPPY DAYS!

one of the most funniest days in my life ,mind the gap you bunch of fcu.king weirdos

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

one of the most funniest days in my life ,mind the gap you bunch of fcu.king weirdos

Yep, wonderful day and the following season was quite funny as well.

I wasn't planning on going out that night but thought I'd go to a couple of pubs to do a bit of Gas baiting but the buggers were nowhere to be seen :laughcont:

They don't like it up 'em.

16 minutes ago, TomF said:

The folks who wrote it fell out massively with the hierarchy at the club to the point where they stopped supporting the club. Now support AFC Wimbledon. 

21 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, wonderful day and the following season was quite funny as well.

I wasn't planning on going out that night but thought I'd go to a couple of pubs to do a bit of Gas baiting but the buggers were nowhere to be seen :laughcont:

They don't like it up 'em.

ha ha funnily enough I saw loads out pre match with  their stupid old retro  everton tops on ,and yet just a few hours later hey presto they all disappeared .

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The folks who wrote it fell out massively with the hierarchy at the club to the point where they stopped supporting the club. Now support AFC Wimbledon. 

Loyal and True!

Is that really the case, I'm guessing that you have to be a pretty committed fan to produce a fanzine, so to not just scrap your comic, but to support someone else.... wow.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did Rovers not scrap their “2nd May” fanzine title, after it became the date that you were relegated to the basement for the first time..? 

Congratulations on Finishing above us, 29 years ago though..! ? 

No. I used to write bits for that fanzine and it had already pretty much finished by then. It was actually originally called 91/2 Months, but the title was changed to honour our finest hour :)

As has been stated elsewhere on this thread Ian & Hazel did fall out with Dunford (I think) and do follow Wimbledon these days, although they have lived in London for years now so that may well have also been an influence.

Oh, and thank you for the congratulations. It's nice to see that the game still causes enough angst amongst City fans to raise so many responses :)

Edited by Miah Dennehy

Seems like Cock Man is favourite for the Pilgrims job.  Having just saved the numpties from Div 4 football this year, who would be willing to take on that pile of shite for next season?

He would go up in my estimation if he did toddle off down the M5 to manage a much more ambitious outfit though. He's been with yhe Sagslong enough to realise that Wally's promises are all hot air and never amount to anything.

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Seems like Cock Man is favourite for the Pilgrims job.  Having just saved the numpties from Div 4 football this year, who would be willing to take on that pile of shite for next season?

He would go up in my estimation if he did toddle off down the M5 to manage a much more ambitious outfit though. He's been with yhe Sagslong enough to realise that Wally's promises are all hot air and never amount to anything.

There seems to be quite a debate (well, a few posts but that's loads for their forum) on Gaschat about the respective sizes of Plymouth and the gas as football clubs. In an absurd jump of gaslogic they seem to think they are similar in both stature and potential!

On 01/05/2019 at 09:10, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Have we ever used the Mem in any of our marketing videos?

Dont think so, don’t think we need to.

Needy Gas stalkers, I wonder what they’re going to use our stadium as advertising for next? ?

I think it has featured in some of the videos from our charitable arm, the Community Trust. They do an awful lot to help out struggling lower tier football in the city.

7 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

The Galleries know the score.......

FA4A40B3-5A8B-49F0-BB24-B87B3852E6C7.thumb.png.dbe9515fafdce2c4a75c39a278cda658.png

Good to see Freddie Hinds has found a job as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Hazel Potter, she used to write a column in the EP back in the day. Horrible woman

I know her personally and she is far from “horrible”. She’s a very genuine, nice person. Even when she followed the Gas I considered her a friend.

• Like 2