IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, 22A said:

A new ground sharing option; just add tents.

See the source image

(This is Henningsvaer in the Lofoten Islands)

Not far enough away, unfortunately.

Antarctica would be ideal for the 15ers.

”If they play on a glacier, we will watch from the icebergs”

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Well you would of thought so, but according to a Fewer.......

It's almost worth suffering these years below them just knowing we'll always have this over them.

Such a weird fanbase, there really is no-one like them :facepalm:

But we’ll always have Colin Daniel putting them out of the football league altogether. It’s beyond clutching at straws with that mob. Same with 1982. They have nothing of note over us for 29 years. They had their Tote End reunion yesterday with Rickie Lambert where they probably all asked him to relive “That Goal” before having a little tug. They won nothing and went on to lose the final, a a final which we have won more than any other club. They are fan base who is stuck in the past because they have no future. 

Sad *****!

4 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Regarding 1990 it still hurts like hell 

and though I hate to say it , it is the one thing they will always have over us 

magic season with a tragic ending.....

It took the shine off what was a great season. It wasn’t a tragedy because we went up and then Fruity Mullet fcucked off and along came Agent Dobson who promised to turn Rovers into a “Footballing Side” rather than a bunch of hoofballers looking for “Big Dev”. He succeeded in turning them into relegation fodder and they banged back down to the 3rd tier in style. Superb. 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Still less than £300 on the Blackthorn End.

Bit pricey for a plastic chair, a portaloo Santa’s Grotto and an out of date packet of crisps from the condemned pasty shack!

• Like 2

Fewers have got the hump, apparently one of their players is set to leave at the end of the season.

No great drama you would think after the season they have had, only this player is apparently their best one or something.

Expected fee? A Tilson divided by a Tilson, minus 1.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fewers have got the hump, apparently one of their players is set to leave at the end of the season.

No great drama you would think after the season they have had, only this player is apparently their best one or something.

Expected fee? A Tilson divided by a Tilson, minus 1.

That much?

Sags captain Tom Lockyer been confirmed by Geoff Twentyman as leaving the club. 

Released by Cardiff at the age of 16, then went to the sags age 17, age 18 debut. Age 19 regular in the first team. Major part of the team that took them down, but Dopey rated him so kept him. Sags YPOTY in 2016. Linked with Forest not too long ago (although they did apparently want him for RB and he was a backup their main target Sam Byram, pretty weird report as he plays CB). Regular in the Wales squad, gets a few games here and there. Have a few gas mates who say last season very poor but this season contender for player of the year (not that hard though as they have been so awful this season), although they do say he hasn't been the best defender this season.

He's likely to be moving up the ladder of the football leagues, wouldn't be shocked if he moves to a low Championship or high League 1 club, likely to move on a free. Even less finance for the sags.

24 with 250+ appearances. Although he may not be a massive miss quality wise, Dopey used to go on about his leadership skills, and it's fair to say captaining back to back promotions with late resurgences in both seasons and this season he's probably not wrong. But what it does mean is he'll be a huge miss in the dressing room, if they are in the same situation by December as they were when Dopey got sacked, no one will be able to lead them to the form they've been on in recent months. Which is why in my opinion, he's potentially the worst player they could have lost. But the sags dof said earlier in the season 90% of the squad were out of contract at the end of the season. Comedy as always that their club is run like that. But likely to be a massive squad overhaul, and of course that worked very well under Buckle. This genuinely seems like history repeating itself. 

NOTE: Just as I write this they go 1-0 down. Love it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Sags captain Tom Lockyer been confirmed by Geoff Twentyman as leaving the club. 

Released by Cardiff at the age of 16, then went to the sags age 17, age 18 debut. Age 19 regular in the first team. Major part of the team that took them down, but Dopey rated him so kept him. Sags YPOTY in 2016. Linked with Forest not too long ago (although they did apparently want him for RB and he was a backup their main target Sam Byram, pretty weird report as he plays CB). Regular in the Wales squad, gets a few games here and there. Have a few gas mates who say last season very poor but this season contender for player of the year (not that hard though as they have been so awful this season), although they do say he hasn't been the best defender this season.

He's likely to be moving up the ladder of the football leagues, wouldn't be shocked if he moves to a low Championship or high League 1 club, likely to move on a free. Even less finance for the sags.

24 with 250+ appearances. Although he may not be a massive miss quality wise, Dopey used to go on about his leadership skills, and it's fair to say captaining back to back promotions with late resurgences in both seasons and this season he's probably not wrong. But what it does mean is he'll be a huge miss in the dressing room, if they are in the same situation by December as they were when Dopey got sacked, no one will be able to lead them to the form they've been on in recent months. Which is why in my opinion, he's potentially the worst player they could have lost. But the sags dof said earlier in the season 90% of the squad were out of contract at the end of the season. Comedy as always that their club is run like that. But likely to be a massive squad overhaul, and of course that worked very well under Buckle. This genuinely seems like history repeating itself. 

NOTE: Just as I write this they go 1-0 down. Love it.

New poster and seem to know way too much about that lot for comfort ?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

New poster and seem to know way too much about that lot for comfort ?

Unfortunately my father is a sag so I have football discussions a lot with him, he knows a lot about City and I know a lot about Rovers. Plus a quick google search. I can see why you'd think it's suspicious, but trust me I'd rather tear my left bollock off then support the same club as a freak like bodin or some of the other muppets that go to that tent 30 times a season. 

30 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Unfortunately my father is a sag so I have football discussions a lot with him, he knows a lot about City and I know a lot about Rovers. Plus a quick google search. I can see why you'd think it's suspicious, but trust me I'd rather tear my left bollock off then support the same club as a freak like bodin or some of the other muppets that go to that tent 30 times a season. 

Fair enough , welcome aboard 

Sags will tell the legendary story of the Rovers team who were down and out by Christmas only to come back and dominate and batter one of the best clubs in the league on the last day. Showcasing their class and passion!

In reality Barnsley already guaranteed promotion and wouldn't have won the title even if they'd have won today and had 10 men and this result means absolutely nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

30 times a season?! That suggests they enjoy significant cup runs - which they don’t ...

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Huge crowd for them today swelled no doubt by travelling Barnsley fans, they almost reached the magical 10k figure.

I think you’ll find that’s the mythical 10000.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14362/ira-song

To be absolutely fair.

They are ALL condemning this, but I haven't heard any of this nonsense in 15 years.

Does it go on at the Gate or in away games? Cant say I've heard it.

(So, for any Fewer who spots this, I'm not mocking you or your club, more calling out a general outrage).

It's an absolute embarrassment - mainly spotty oiks who have no knowledge of what they are actually singing about, but think it makes them look tough.  

Edited by In the Net
  • Like 2