IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Nine players released I see - I bet they are relieved to escape

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48200414

Wonder how many of them will stay in football full time?

Would imagine most of them will need an income pretty soon, I have on occasion been in the same pubs on Gloucester Road as a number of them, and they all give the impression that they are trying to live Premiership lifestyles on non-league money.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

So Bolton will likely start life on -12 next season, and it sounds like there are problems ar Bury as well.

Could it be that Rovers only have 2 relegation spots to try and avoid next season?

Obviously, we have no idea if they are in financial strife as they haven't submitted any accounts, which could lead to a transfer embargo, but the fact that this doesn't appear on the radar of local press would suggest (even by the low standards of the Post), this is unlikely.

Now if the BP were in the slightest bit of a decent Media Outlet they’d have one of their Journalist’s asking the Club why they haven’t been submitted, but no the BP are shite.

This leaves them with:

GK
Andre Jr, Armstrong

DEF
Craig, J Clarke, Partington, Holmes-Dennis, Kelly, KilgourMorgan, Menayese

MID
Upson, Ogogo, O Clarke, Sercombe, Rodman, Mensah, Bennett, Matthews, WiddringtonHargreaves

ATK
Nichols, Payne, Reilly, Clarke-Harris, Moore, Kavanagh

* Renegotiating terms
* Academy/U23

their squad now

Edited by JamesBCFC

12 minutes ago, kivsy said:

No mention of bonham ? The keeper on loan from Brentford I think.  Looked half tidy from highlights I’ve seen 

Released by Brentford so a free agent. Could well end up back there.

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Released by Brentford so a free agent. Could well end up back there.

Don't the fewers have history of being a goalkeeping feeder club?

It's one of the few positions in their side clubs are happy to loan them players on account of the fact they face more opportunities to make saves in half a dozen games than most sides let the opposition have in two seasons.

• Haha 5

What has happened to the Jordanian Screech?? 

The Brentford keeper is meant to be pretty good, I would be surprised if someone don't come in for him with better facilities and better wages. Someone like Mangotsfield or Manor Farm

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

As long as they’ve got Nichols...

And Payne - they all liked him

4 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Something must be very wrong their, he used to be half tidy, to only score 2 in 75 appearances is beyond belief.

Some gasheads were talking by the bar when I was working yesterday and they were adamant that "played in the right position Nicholas would score for fun"

• Haha 1

If anyone wants a laugh at that gas girls video, i asked why they used Ashton Gate. Its our fault, we stole the womens team.... Even on the links he provided it says rovers walked away. Bless

“Basically in 2005, we were Bristol Rovers Women’s FC but Rovers walked away and what followed was the takeover of the club by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College and with it becoming Bristol Academy WFC,” said Williams, who is also the club’s marketing officer.

My name is Matthew Davies and I'm the Media Manager for Bristol Rovers Community Trust, and I'm also the Secretary for relaunched Bristol Rovers Women's Team.

Thank you so much for your kind words relating to the launch of the Women's Team. Women's football is a huge passion of mine and I'm absolutely delighted to get this squad up an running under the name of Bristol Rovers. The response from the supporters has been incredible and we can't wait to get the ball rolling throughout the summer.

In regards to your query about the content of the launch video, the narrative behind it does originate from the history of the former Bristol Rovers Ladies Team. Before 2005, Rovers Ladies were one of the very few women's teams playing in Bristol. The Gas Girls were initially formed in 1998, starting out in the South West League and in 2005, Bristol Rovers Ladies FC became known as Bristol Academy WFC under a new partnership agreement with South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. In 2011 the club changed its name to Bristol Academy WFC in 2011 and finally became Bristol City Women’s Football Club in 2015.

In essence, our former Ladies team was stolen by Bristol City, so we decided to manufacture a tongue in cheek dig by taking a football on a journey from Ashton Gate, through Bristol to finally end at The Memorial Stadium. Therefore emphasising that our Bristol Rovers Women's team are making a return to the women's game. The Ashton Gate reference is merely a subtle, cheeky joke to reference the origin of the journey. 

I hope this has given you an insight into relation between the two clubs regarding the history of the women's teams. Feel free to read the articles below which details our history a little bit more.

Thank you once again for getting in touch and your support for the women's team is invaluable as we look to build and grow the programme as much as we possibly can.

Kind regards

Edited by AshtonPark