IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Coughlan's 1/2 on for the Plymouth job.

Amazing. The global institution of Bristol Rovers potentially about to lose their manager to a fourth tier rival club of theirs.

2/5 on now, clear favourite, I see Dopey is 12/1 and Gary Johnson 20/1

10 hours ago, Undy English said:

So funny. They seem to completely gloss over the fact that they WITHDREW FUNDING (i.e. cutting off support for women's football altogether, leaving it for various bodies to pick up the pieces). Only then did the Women's team go on to greatness.

Why couldn't they achieve greatness with Rovers' £3.75 per week pumped in?

7 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Coughlan's 1/2 on for the Plymouth job.

Amazing. The global institution of Bristol Rovers potentially about to lose their manager to a fourth tier rival club of theirs.

But if he goes they will all just say the football was poor so no problem at all. We all know there will be huge names applying for the job anyway so they will have the pick of whoever they want - not that it matters as last time Holloway applied and he didn't even get an interview (along with every other application). It is like they didn't interview anyone and went with the cheapest option.....I wonder why.....

Could Clarke-Harris be the next Rovers player to make it to the Premier League, following in the footsteps of Rickie Lambert? Only time will tell.”

Dear oh dear......Maybe someone should advise the sag reporter in the EP that fatty lambert was a Southampton player for 3 years before he made it to the prem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Could Clarke-Harris be the next Rovers player to make it to the Premier League, following in the footsteps of Rickie Lambert? Only time will tell.”

Dear oh dear......Maybe someone should advise the sag reporter in the EP that fatty lambert was a Southampton player for 3 years before he made it to the prem. 

I think you need more than a hot streak of 10 to 15 games at league 1 level to make it to the Premier League. I doubt if anyone will be interested unless he starts the following season in a similar vein.

Edited by Port Said Red

On 08/05/2019 at 16:47, AshtonPark said:

If anyone wants a laugh at that gas girls video, i asked why they used Ashton Gate. Its our fault, we stole the womens team.... Even on the links he provided it says rovers walked away. Bless

“Basically in 2005, we were Bristol Rovers Women’s FC but Rovers walked away and what followed was the takeover of the club by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College and with it becoming Bristol Academy WFC,” said Williams, who is also the club’s marketing officer.

My name is Matthew Davies and I'm the Media Manager for Bristol Rovers Community Trust, and I'm also the Secretary for relaunched Bristol Rovers Women's Team.

Thank you so much for your kind words relating to the launch of the Women's Team. Women's football is a huge passion of mine and I'm absolutely delighted to get this squad up an running under the name of Bristol Rovers. The response from the supporters has been incredible and we can't wait to get the ball rolling throughout the summer.

In regards to your query about the content of the launch video, the narrative behind it does originate from the history of the former Bristol Rovers Ladies Team. Before 2005, Rovers Ladies were one of the very few women's teams playing in Bristol. The Gas Girls were initially formed in 1998, starting out in the South West League and in 2005, Bristol Rovers Ladies FC became known as Bristol Academy WFC under a new partnership agreement with South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. In 2011 the club changed its name to Bristol Academy WFC in 2011 and finally became Bristol City Women’s Football Club in 2015.

In essence, our former Ladies team was stolen by Bristol City, so we decided to manufacture a tongue in cheek dig by taking a football on a journey from Ashton Gate, through Bristol to finally end at The Memorial Stadium. Therefore emphasising that our Bristol Rovers Women's team are making a return to the women's game. The Ashton Gate reference is merely a subtle, cheeky joke to reference the origin of the journey. 

I hope this has given you an insight into relation between the two clubs regarding the history of the women's teams. Feel free to read the articles below which details our history a little bit more.

Thank you once again for getting in touch and your support for the women's team is invaluable as we look to build and grow the programme as much as we possibly can.

Kind regards

I’d love to know what you replied (if you did?) to this bitter and twisted nob head,?

Yeovil deal fell through but you'd think we'd be a much better prospect than Yeovil as their potential fanbase has got to be pretty limited, Bristol can support two teams with gates of 25000 plus pretty easily, people want to see success and nice shiny facilities. 

The above, copied from the Fewers Forum. And, for once, the point being made is a valid one.

Except for one point.

Bristol already has clubs in that ballpark, us and the Bears.

6 minutes ago, REDLEE said:

The dogs of Walsall are running scared... Darrell Clarke new manager there!

What, DC the proven League One manager, who’s destined to the next decent Championship job that becomes available..?!

Still, he must be happy. That like jumping out of the frying pan and into a sea of boobs..! 

• Like 1

People may think differently but I actually want him to do well.

Will show the sags that he did wonders with their pathetic squad and the way they hounded him out was embarrassing. 

Will also show they won't have a manager like him for decades. Will give them a bit of reality, that they are nowhere near the clubs around them. Even shit clubs like Fleetwood and Gillingham. 

They may wish him well, but me personally I'd think it'd be hysterical if Dopey does wonders at Walsall and progresses in his career whilst the Gazheds hire Hollowhead who flops after Cockhead leaves them for a League 2 club. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Walsall fans seem underwhelmed but he'll get them straight back up imo. He can probably take them further than he could ever have taken the sags, and their bitter tears will be beautiful to watch.

Despite his shoestring budget he did do pretty well at the sags. Conference wasn't impressive whatsoever but given their mediocrity in League 2 for previous seasons getting up to League 2 and 10th in League 1 with very limited funds was impressive. The richest owners in all of Jordan let him down in a way by under-selling his best players and expected him to get better with half the budget. The sags have always been a deluded bunch, and I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Walsall much further than he took the sags. They've definitely got a much bigger capacity to growth than Rovers ever had, despite what the pashunate gazheds might say.